Native Instruments' new "Maschine Jam"
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 09-09-2016, 06:14 PM   #1
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 153660
Thanked 3,073 Times in 2,286 Posts
Native Instruments' new "Maschine Jam"

Recently I've been giving some serious thought to getting a Machine Studio..and, as some of you will no doubt know, it's not the first time that thought has crossed my mind.

But over the last few days I've started to get emails about NI's new offering..the "Maschine Jam". Got to say my first impressions on seeing it were that it reminds me a bit of a Push, though I honestly don't know how it's going to stack up to one in features and practical use.

The demo videos make it look cool to use, but then they would, wouldn't they? In fact, the only thing I don't like about the video linked above is the clichéd way the guy is dressed..no all of us out there are in to hoodies, ya know! A little more user target balance and less direct marketing would have been nice.

But that's a marketing thing and doesn't really take from how impressive this thing appears to be. I say "appears" because I've yet to use one myself..or even speak directly to anyone who has..but I think it won't be long before I do.

It will be selling at the $340 mark at the end of this month and you can per-order it now at various places online..just do a search if you're interested. As for myself, I'm going to remain on the fence and see what others have to say about it after it's been out for a while. As good as the current reviews and videos are, you have to keep in mind that they are all part of NI's marketing plan..and even though I'm not sure, it wouldn't surprise me to learn some of those giving stellar reviews have been paid or rewarded for the same in some way, as is common practice with some companies out there.

Anyway..what do you guys think about it? Is it worth a $340 drop? how do you think the features and abilities stack next to a Push? Basically, what do you think?

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:23 PM   #2
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 41960
Re: Native Instruments' new "Maschine Jam"

It looks like a pared down functionality. It may complement Maschine well. Honestly, if it's between this and Studio, go for the latter. It's seriously awesome. Makes all your VSTs feel almost like hardware.

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to liquid_air
A.M (09-09-2016)
Old 09-09-2016, 08:35 PM   #3
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Yeah..I've read you saying that a few times before on here..and in PMs as well, I think. Might be doing that anyway, as this does seem more aimed at those into gigging, which is cool..but not really me, tbh.

But still, the vid dose make it look all a little too simple, doesn't it.

------------------
Old 09-09-2016, 08:50 PM   #4
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8503530
Thanked 6,252 Times in 4,489 Posts

From what I've heard round the campfire this seems to be a more "live", loop manipulating device. Kind of turns Maschine into more of a clip launching DJ tool? I might be way off. Maschine, in general, is very different from Push.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
A.M (09-09-2016)
Old 09-10-2016, 04:42 AM   #5
stray medicine
Savage Mad Cunt
stray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MC
Minneapolis
MC Status: 18410

looks like someone put a launchpad rgb and livid base together
stray medicine is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to stray medicine
A.M (09-10-2016)
Old 09-10-2016, 05:56 AM   #6
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray medicine View Post
looks like someone put a launchpad rgb and livid base together

Yeah..it DOES look a lot like a Base, doesn't it!

------------------
Old 09-10-2016, 06:22 AM   #7
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 41960

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Yeah..I've read you saying that a few times before on here..and in PMs as well, I think. Might be doing that anyway, as this does seem more aimed at those into gigging, which is cool..but not really me, tbh.

But still, the vid dose make it look all a little too simple, doesn't it.
Yeah, that's true for Maschine proper, too. Before I bought it I thought, gee look how easy that is. And it is - after you've mastered operating it and have become good at finger drumming.

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to liquid_air
A.M (09-10-2016)
Old 09-10-2016, 06:57 AM   #8
NewWorldOrder
Solar Tribal Chief
NewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MC
Texas
MC Status: 16960

Studio is very powerful. Personally I don't really think I am fond of maschine anymore, but if I were going to be a dedicated user I'd get the studio.
This just seems like something to compete with push or apc, but I wish they would have focused on upgrading the software over this.

Not bad though. Not for me, but not a bad device.

------------------
NewWorldOrder is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to NewWorldOrder
A.M (09-10-2016)
Old 09-10-2016, 12:54 PM   #9
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 20960

The pads on the jam look like they would be too small to really play with. I already feel like the push pads are borderline too small for drums, but are good for notes.

Advertisements

------------------
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to jbvdb493
A.M (09-10-2016)