[Deep house/Tech house]Airtime - Waiting World
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Give some feedback, get some in return. (Must be a member for 7 days before posting threads, and 30 posts minimum in other areas of the forum.) Keep this forum free of spam! This is for you, the artists.

Old 31-05-2016, 06:49 PM   #1
Airtime
Minor Glitch
Airtime will become famous soon enoughAirtime will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110
[Deep house/Tech house] Airtime - Waiting World

Hi there, finished this track a while back, but what I'd really like to hear are comments from other musicians. I'm quite pleased with the result, but there are also some things I couldn't get right. Can't really put my finger on it, though.

Last edited by Airtime; 31-05-2016 at 08:02 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
Airtime is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Deep house/Tech house]Airtime - Waiting World.
Old 31-05-2016, 09:02 PM   #2
2oo3
Radial Developer
2oo3 has a brilliant future2oo3 has a brilliant future2oo3 has a brilliant future2oo3 has a brilliant future2oo3 has a brilliant future2oo3 has a brilliant future2oo3 has a brilliant future2oo3 has a brilliant future2oo3 has a brilliant future2oo3 has a brilliant future2oo3 has a brilliant future
Mechelen
MC Status: 1510
Re: [Deep house/Tech house]Airtime - Waiting World

I'd put more low end on the kick. And lower the brass. But, I've got my own mixing issues, that I can't put my finger on(more like a whole hand, actually).So don't, depend too much on my critics
I like the song, the whole ambient took me really in, while I was typing this post.

------------------
I don't have to be right, I just have to provoke your thoughts
2oo3 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:25 AM   #3
Narukami Music
Master of the LFO
Narukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 9810

I really like it for what it is, tbh. The whole song sounds really clean, the ambient noise really adds something to this song and the overall vibes is pretty chill. I like it a lot. It never felt repetitive to me the whole time listening. Good job!

I think the only thing that needs improving is the kick. Either boosting the low end or using a kick that has more thump to it would make it great. Everything else sounds pretty great tbh

------------------
Narukami Music is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 05:36 PM   #4
Airtime
Minor Glitch
Airtime will become famous soon enoughAirtime will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110

Thank you both! Must be something with the kick then, something I always struggle with (probably like most producers). Will definitely try to make it a bit better!

------------------
Airtime is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 06:38 PM   #5
Aurongroove
Soundscaper
Aurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond reputeAurongroove has a reputation beyond repute
West of Ireland
MC Status: 3010

The kick is too weedy.

It doesn't feel nailed to the floor, and the high percs kinda strike all over the place, some of them are really close in the mix, and some are almost inaudible, (it's very hard to tell if a crash ride is even playing or not, or wither it's just high freq artifacts) which is a shame because one or two of them are actually in a lovely place.

I'd say in general, just turning everything to zero, and having another crack at the mix, would do wonders.

And speaking of wonders, the track itself is such a lovely bit of music. Just such a lovely adventure through some sort of proggy trance, deep house sounds, white noise and pearly & marbly Synthetic sound textures.
For the genre that's in it, the synths really go out there with their melodies and little riffs and things, extremely adventurous but always musical and well considered and interesting.

A great track, that needs a 'great' mix, rather then a 'good' mix.

That bassline is sooooooooooooooooooooo good.

Oh P.S. I like all the textures, but I didn't like the machine gunning on one of the hi hats @ 6:01 onwards. The quickest fix is to either try humanize it some way, or just put it back a bit in the mix where it will be skewed a bit through the other hi percs.

Last edited by Aurongroove; 01-06-2016 at 06:44 PM..

------------------
a big Unregistered fan

Aurongroove is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2016, 02:19 AM   #6
tivoli
Minor Glitch
tivoli will become famous soon enough
Moscow, Russia
MC Status: 60

Listened the whole track. Like it, but I miss some culmination in this track, I don't mean 'drop the bass', but some emotional culmination. I've imagined what if somewhere in the middle your track's tempo would fall and then the track would become something different with rich basses and so on? If you don't understand what I'm trying to say listen to Nicolas Jaar - Time for us (around 5:20). Anyway, nice track
tivoli is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2016, 09:54 AM   #7
foilmusiq
Granular Poster
foilmusiq has a spectacular aura aboutfoilmusiq has a spectacular aura aboutfoilmusiq has a spectacular aura about
Zg
MC Status: 210

Cool track, nice production

------------------
foilmusiq is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 10:15 PM   #8
BERMIO
Learning The Ropes
BERMIO will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

I really like this track man, the whole atmosphere of it sounds good ands very clean!
A more strong kick would also be nice I think, let us now if you change it cause I would really want to hear it! Keep up the good work, gave you a follow on soundcloud!

Advertisements

BERMIO is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote