Unordinary Tech House
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

House / Dubstep Discussion of music similar to Deep Dish, Kaskade, Burial, Rusko, Deadmau5.

Old 31-03-2016, 08:47 PM   #1
Aztec_Mystic
Learning The Ropes
Aztec_Mystic is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Unordinary Tech House

Hi guys! I wasn't sure where to post this thread but basically I was looking for some high quality references in non-mainstream tech house. The catch is, there is a lot of good tech house released out there by artists like Guy Gerber, Mind Against, Sasha, Stephan Bodzin, Chaim, Agoria, John Digweed, etc. that I absolutely love, but I was searching for something rather more... unconventional! It still needs to be mixable and well produced, ie, not garbage/fast food. Any recommendations for a listen? It doesn't exactly have to be tech house either but I would highly appreciate it. Rabbit In The Moon - Phases Of An Out Of Body Experience comes to mind because it's a really interesting tune from start to finish (even though it's not tech-house), with many variations but still very consistent. I'm currently looking into more darker/dub sounds that can make the listener feel deeply and at the same time powerful on the dancefloor. Not pure Techno though, but very close. Hope I expressed myself good enough so you might have some ideas! Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Aztec_Mystic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Moderat... and more stuff
Old 31-03-2016, 10:06 PM   #2
Benwaa
Re: Unordinary Tech House

sounds to me like you're looking for proper progressive house/trance (not the shit you find on beatport genre) This day and age i guess they call it melodic techno, and in that respect check out my own label shamelessly here: https://soundcloud.com/gibbon-records
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:21 PM   #3
Aztec_Mystic
Learning The Ropes

Not exactly progressive. I'm a sucker for progressive music but I was looking for something more techno oriented and, even though the podcast sounds nice, it's still too "generic".
Old 01-04-2016, 05:00 PM   #4
Benwaa

:Lol: so you went through a whole back catalogue of over 150 tracks, 20 odd podcasts of an hour each, and 14 ish free tracks in 15 hours? hahah yeah... ok. no wonder you can't find what you're looking for
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 05:51 PM   #5
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80992580
Thanked 4,047 Times in 2,623 Posts

?

?

?

?

?
I obviously have no idea what you're looking for. The track you mentioned sounds like goa breaks or something.

Last edited by Lug; 01-04-2016 at 06:02 PM..

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:40 PM   #6
Aztec_Mystic
Learning The Ropes

Benwaa, don't get me wrong. I liked your podcast, really! That's the kind of sound I usually hear. Well, ok maybe more tech house lately, but I also dig progressive a lot. I spend many years listening to only progressive house, progressive trance and progressive breaks so I know that wave very well. The thing is, I was looking for something different. More like what Lug posted right here! I'll hear your other podcasts when I get the chance. Cheers!
Old 01-04-2016, 08:09 PM   #7
Benwaa

I wasnt suggesting listening to my podcast. More so checking out the tines overall

Advertisements

Thanks Reply With Quote