DJ heaphones for producing
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 02-03-2016, 12:55 PM   #1
SWIM_DEEP
Analog Lurker
SWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of light
Riga
MC Status: 510
DJ heaphones for producing

Hello!

I've been spending all my available resources on gear lately and have made it to the point where i don't have any money to buy everything the way i'd like (it was never like this, but i still had money).

I'm trying to produce house music, i also DJ.

Basically what i'm looking for is a pair of headphones that will do two things - be punchy and isolated enough to hear them well while cuing (dj'ing) but also have a wide frequency response and be balanced enough to produce bassy sounds, mix my projects. One really important thing is that cans must rotate at least 90 degrees.

They need to be low impedance (Probably 32 OHM?) as i don't have the budget to buy amps and am gonna use Traktor Kontrol S4's built in pre-amps and audio card.

Not sure if anything exists that would do this. Tried googling, can't find anything that really fits, with the info provided on official pages.

Hoped that anyone is into DJ'ing and uses his cans for producing aswell..

P.S i understand that i ask a lot, but in case anyone does this, it would greatly appreciated that you shared the model..

The money i'm ready to spend is around 200-300 EUR.

Thank you!

Last edited by SWIM_DEEP; 02-03-2016 at 02:01 PM..

Advertisements

SWIM_DEEP is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:40 PM   #2
Keef Baker
Keef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MC
Leeds
MC Status: 10176330
Re: DJ heaphones for producing

I love these. Probably out of your price range though...
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Updated spotify list of all the stuff I've been involved with here:
And bandcamp for stuff I wouldn't even go to a record company with here: https://keefbaker.bandcamp.com/
There's other stuff out there but I can't be fucked to list it.
Keef Baker is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Keef Baker
SWIM_DEEP (02-03-2016)
Old 02-03-2016, 02:03 PM   #3
SWIM_DEEP
Analog Lurker
SWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of light
Riga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keef Baker View Post
I love these. Probably out of your price range though...
These actually seem perfect at this point, thanks alot.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:38 PM   #4
Benwaa

Jalisco tried and tested Sony mdr-7506 suit the application you intend nicely and are really nice indeed
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 02:12 PM   #5
halford88
Minor Glitch
halford88 is a jewel in the roughhalford88 is a jewel in the roughhalford88 is a jewel in the roughhalford88 is a jewel in the rough
Milwaukee
MC Status: 310

I'll second the sony mdr's. The frequencey response has always been the best for the price. I cant say ive ever used anything else honestly.
halford88 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2016, 05:09 PM   #6
Kutkh_Jackdaw
Granular Poster
Kutkh_Jackdaw will become famous soon enoughKutkh_Jackdaw will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110

If I were you, I would get separate headphones. I've been DJing in clubs with some great Audio Technica M40X headphones for a while, and they weren't expensive. The sound on them is clear and heavy.

I also use Sennhesier HD6 Mix headphones for production, and they've served me well so far.

You should definitely be able to get two pairs of headphones for your budget.
Kutkh_Jackdaw is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2016, 09:31 AM   #7
SWIM_DEEP
Analog Lurker
Riga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutkh_Jackdaw View Post
If I were you, I would get separate headphones. I've been DJing in clubs with some great Audio Technica M40X headphones for a while, and they weren't expensive. The sound on them is clear and heavy.

I also use Sennhesier HD6 Mix headphones for production, and they've served me well so far.

You should definitely be able to get two pairs of headphones for your budget.

I'm now looking at the HD6 Mix, how much did you spend on them? They are 229 EUR in Latvia,
and look appealing for my needs, but i dont really want to buy two cheaper models atm as i will probably buy another quality ones later..

Have you tried these for DJing, are they well isolated and punchy enough?

Thanks to everyone else too! I'm looking through all these options. I actually tought that Sonys are restricted in EU due to their loudness, but i guess its a different model..

P.S i get it now, they dont rotate

Last edited by SWIM_DEEP; 15-03-2016 at 09:42 AM..
Old 30-03-2016, 08:50 PM   #8
Kutkh_Jackdaw
Granular Poster
Kutkh_Jackdaw will become famous soon enoughKutkh_Jackdaw will become famous soon enough

I think I paid about 120, so your price in Latvia is a bit on the steep side. I got them from a store called GAK, who are very reliable. Have a look if you're still interested.

I haven't used them for DJing though. They give a flat frequency response, so the bass isn't boosted, unlike my other headphones I use for DJing.
Kutkh_Jackdaw is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 03:16 PM   #9
Baudio
Learning The Ropes
Baudio is currently spamming hard
Coffs
MC Status: 10

Im currently using AUDIOTECHNICA atx 50s and they give a real clean true sound and are reasonably priced.
Baudio is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 12:28 PM   #10
foilmusiq
Granular Poster
foilmusiq has a spectacular aura aboutfoilmusiq has a spectacular aura aboutfoilmusiq has a spectacular aura about
Zg
MC Status: 210

I am using my Sennheiser HD25-1 for last 6 years, and am ok with them, but thinking it would be better to buy some studio headphones, Focals look great.
foilmusiq is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 02:39 PM   #11
SWIM_DEEP
Analog Lurker
Riga

Quote:
Originally Posted by foilmusiq View Post
I am using my Sennheiser HD25-1 for last 6 years, and am ok with them, but thinking it would be better to buy some studio headphones, Focals look great.
Yes Man! i actually purchased those because a local DJ recommended them and i am more than satisfied, punchy and actually really clean sound. The price/quality ratio is just incredible with these
Old 06-11-2016, 09:07 PM   #12
BlindfoldKnobs
Minor Glitch
BlindfoldKnobs will become famous soon enoughBlindfoldKnobs will become famous soon enough

AKG K240 are Ok, just watch out the device impedance for compatibility.

Advertisements

BlindfoldKnobs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote