Beat Battle 21
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 12-04-2015, 03:32 PM   #1
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
Thomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MC
South Central Sealand
MC Status: 101163441
Thanked 1,413 Times in 1,045 Posts
Beat Battle 21

Hard to live up to the standard set by lebeux's last BB. That sample pack was outstanding - so lush! Let's see what I can do now that I can't do that...

Here's the basic rules..
Quote:
THE CHALLENGE

The Battle Host must provide a sample set to be used for the battle. These samples are the only sound sources allowed, unless the Additional Rules for the battle state otherwise. The samples can be anything that the Battle Host has the right to distribute for non-commercial use.

The Battle Host must create three Additional Rules. These can allow or require additional sound sources, or impose any kind of new requirements.

THE CONTEST

Anyone can enter the Battle by posting a link to their entry in the Battle thread. Unless the Additional Rules state otherwise, any processing is allowed and the source samples need not be recognizable. The Host may disqualify any entry that does not meet either the general rules or the additional ones.

Once the submission deadline is reached, the winner is elected by posting votes in the same thread. Anyone is welcome to vote whether they participated or not. In case of a draw, the Host designates the winner between the submissions tied for first place.

THE DEADLINES

Each battle takes place over two weeks, starting on a Friday. Submissions close and votes open at 23:59 on the 11th day (tuesday). Voting closes at 23:59 on the 13th day (thursday). The winner then becomes the Host, and has until 23:59 on the 14th day (friday) to post a new thread with a new sample set and new rules.

All times are UTC.
BB21 Sample pack (252 one-shots samples) - download link (no login required - pay what you want, no minimum):

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

The three additional rules:

1) Song must include this free piano VST: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
OR this creative commons acapella: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
OR [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
OR all of them together.
2) The song must include at least 8 one-shot samples from the provided De La Creme pack.
3) All genres are allowed, except polka

Good luck to all!

Last edited by Thomas; 12-04-2015 at 07:23 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
Thomas is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Thomas
lebeux (12-04-2015)
Old 12-04-2015, 03:54 PM   #2
surgeongeneral
Eternal Echoer
surgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MC
MC Status: 12445983
Re: Beat Battle 21

Thomas-

If you want the strap, here it is:

http://i.imgur.com/lio4jTi.jpg

------------------
surgeongeneral is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 04:21 PM   #3
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
Thomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MC
South Central Sealand

Well, of course, thanks..! The purple heart of beats and bytes hehe.. I've thrown it in my sig now. Cheers!

edit:

Maybe I should make a smaller version for the sig tho hehe

------------------
Old 12-04-2015, 05:14 PM   #4
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
South Central Sealand

Made a new sig that says the same as the belt, in another way, but still

------------------
Old 12-04-2015, 06:50 PM   #5
surgeongeneral
Eternal Echoer
surgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MC
MC Status: 12445983

Pretty impressive!

------------------
surgeongeneral is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 07:01 PM   #6
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
South Central Sealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by surgeongeneral View Post
Pretty impressive!
Thanks man! The guy on the right is actually DJ Vadim on the mixer, the guy behind making that Emo acapella creative commons licensed. On the left is the upright piano used for the optional VST

------------------
Old 12-04-2015, 07:36 PM   #7
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1818877

I'll exercise more restraint on this BB.

------------------
...from the adventures of IDM Forum collaborations and community projects.

Warning: DO NOT Press the Panda...even though you know you want too!!!
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 09:19 PM   #8
Tsachi
i don't understand
Tsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 8010

I'll exercise more Gluteus Maximus on this BB

------------------

Lol wut happened to the chatbox
Tsachi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 12:07 AM   #9
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world

Thanks for this Thomas. Again some quality samples all round. Believe Im going to end up putting that piano through some multifx

------------------

Old 12-06-2015, 10:13 AM   #10
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
South Central Sealand

Yea, you can do almost anything with a piano... sound And you're quite welcome

------------------
Old 12-07-2015, 05:47 AM   #11
TheWizar
Savage Mad Cunt
TheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MC
Vermont
MC Status: 4837848

That bicycle wheel sounds a lot like an impulse response

------------------
My latest work:
TheWizar is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 03:41 PM   #12
Mizuchi
Savage Mad Cunt
Mizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MC
Beertown
MC Status: 2147483647

When is the deadline btw, maybe I'm an idiot but I can't see it anywhere

------------------
Mizuchi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 03:50 PM   #13
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuchi View Post
When is the deadline btw, maybe I'm an idiot but I can't see it anywhere
Actually good point, think the OP needs a tweak, the 14th is Tuesday or do we have until this Friday?

------------------

Old 12-12-2015, 03:53 PM   #14
Mizuchi
Savage Mad Cunt
Mizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MC
Beertown
MC Status: 2147483647

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFXxx View Post
Actually good point, think the OP needs a tweak, the 14th is Tuesday or do we have until this Friday?
Can we please make it friday cos I actually had an awesome idea for this and I literally just saw this. With my exam coming up on Wednesday it means I'll only really just have Thursday to whip it all up :/

------------------
Mizuchi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 05:05 PM   #15
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
South Central Sealand

Well, the OP actually says that submissions close on the 11th day (tuesday) from lift-off, but if there isn't any objections, then we can have 14 days of submission this time, I mean, it's not like the beat battle has been overly flocked since its resurrection anyway.

We can close the submissions on friday, and if there isn't any objections, then I'll update the OP with that bit in 24h or so.

------------------
Old 12-12-2015, 05:20 PM   #16
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Well, the OP actually says that submissions close on the 11th day (tuesday) from lift-off, but if there isn't any objections, then we can have 14 days of submission this time, I mean, it's not like the beat battle has been overly flocked since its resurrection anyway.

We can close the submissions on friday, and if there isn't any objections, then I'll update the OP with that bit in 24h or so.
Im up for Friday New job, wife's christmas party and other crap so no objections here

------------------

Old 12-12-2015, 05:23 PM   #17
lebeux
IDMf Artist
lebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MC
Madrid
MC Status: 59126926

I object.

The best way to avoid cases like this where people can't join the battle because they see it too late, is to have a regular schedule. Not to mention, we've waited on people quite a few times in the past and more often than not they end up not delivering because they can't meet their own expectations in the 24 hours or so they're given.

Mizuchi if you're interested there will always be another battle, and now you know when to check for it.
lebeux is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 05:24 PM   #18
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebeux View Post
I object.

The best way to avoid cases like this where people can't join the battle because they see it too late, is to have a regular schedule. Not to mention, we've waited on people quite a few times in the past and more often than not they end up not delivering because they can't meet their own expectations in the 24 hours or so they're given.

Mizuchi if you're interested there will always be another battle, and now you know when to check for it.
Tuesday bundle time it is

------------------

Old 12-12-2015, 05:40 PM   #19
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
South Central Sealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFXxx View Post
Tuesday bundle time it is
Congratulations, you are now the host of beat battle #22

Seriously, I'm not all sure that anyone apart from you are going to partake, have I missed something? I can partake, I was planning to make a track tonight anyway, and then we're two. Then we can tango, but it's not much of a battle with two drops is it hehe

------------------
Old 12-12-2015, 06:05 PM   #20
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Congratulations, you are now the host of beat battle #22

Seriously, I'm not all sure that anyone apart from you are going to partake, have I missed something? I can partake, I was planning to make a track tonight anyway, and then we're two. Then we can tango, but it's not much of a battle with two drops is it hehe
LOL YOu know what, even if I end up with a simple 20 sec loop track, I will get something done.
I've got everything laid down in maschine and cubase, just getting some ideas with the vocals (not sure what Im using there yet). Managed to get a reasonable bass line tuning the toms. so....

As for your good self, submit I'm pretty sure Im sure its all good.

Im just wondering if mods or admins can maybe get the future beat battles as temporary stickys in the forum. They are not obvious to find to be honest. Just a thought.

Roll on and make some S O U N D S

Advertisements

------------------