Mangled Music Collective
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Non-IDMf Projects Tell us about your Non-IDMf music-based projects here. You can promote you or your label's releases, remix contests, music blogs, podcasts, radio shows and live events here. Try to add more than just spam. This is a place to involve IDMf in your projects, not just promote them.

Old 08-11-2015, 09:10 AM   #1
Grimbit
IDMf Supporter
Grimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond repute
Scotland
MC Status: 7760
Mangled Music Collective

Hey there, me and a few guys recently started working towards setting up a small label, now we are fully aware that a label takes time to set up, hence not calling it a label yet, more of a collective of minds and music.

We currently run projects for members where we pick a genre or style and all make a song, We have recently set up distrubution, as we are not a label yet members have to pay $15 for a years distro, If you don't want it you don't have to have it. You keep 100% of what you make etc..

the 15$ covers a years worth of releases (unlimited) on Spotify, Itunes, amazon etc...

It's not run by anyone it's just a bunch of people joining together to get things done.

We also have a feedback forum if anyone is interested?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

We only accept submissions, nobody is guaranteed a place, we have a very nice group atm so we don't want to be just letting in anybody, we like the group ethic, If you think you might be interested, head on over to the forum and make yourself known.

We are not for profit, we are for music and helping each other on our musical Journey.

Big Uppz

Advertisements

------------------
HAPPY HARDCORE AIN'T DAD!
Grimbit is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Grimbit
oly (19-12-2015)
Old 18-12-2015, 03:46 PM   #2
deeperlistening
Learning The Ropes
deeperlistening will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60
Re: Mangled Music Collective

Very interesting concept. More like a commune of musicians!
deeperlistening is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to deeperlistening
Grimbit (18-12-2015)
Old 18-12-2015, 04:24 PM   #3
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8533280
Thanked 6,847 Times in 4,875 Posts

I assume you'll only take someone's $15 for distribution after they've been accepted?

EDIT: That probably seemed a little snarky. I"m actually somewhat interested in this. Currently lurking your forum. Any plans for a proper website at any point? Or different projects besides "genre compilations"?

Last edited by relic; 18-12-2015 at 04:36 PM..

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
Grimbit (18-12-2015)
Old 18-12-2015, 04:30 PM   #4
Grimbit
IDMf Supporter
Grimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond reputeGrimbit has a reputation beyond repute
Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
I assume you'll only take someone's $15 for distribution after they've been accepted?
Yes, its a collective not a pyramid scheme lol

------------------
Old 18-12-2015, 04:33 PM   #5
Grimbit
IDMf Supporter
Scotland

Basically if you are not accepted you lose nothing, no money exchanges hands, ATM we are scrapping the bandcamp pro (because it doesn't really do anything) and saving for a website

------------------
Old 18-12-2015, 04:58 PM   #6
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Cool man. Yea...its early here...that probably sounded more snarky than I intended lol. As I said, sounds interesting.

------------------
Old 18-12-2015, 05:08 PM   #7
Grimbit
IDMf Supporter
Scotland

Quote:
Cool man. Yea...its early here...that probably sounded more snarky than I intended lol. As I said, sounds interesting.
Nah completely reasonable question, lots of places charge you fees and then don't accept you, but this is not for profit at the moment and is run by its members, so its pretty cool and relaxed about stuff

------------------
Thanks to Grimbit
relic (18-12-2015)
Old 18-12-2015, 06:19 PM   #8
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts

Registered.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to RFJ
Grimbit (18-12-2015)
Old 18-12-2015, 06:48 PM   #9
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

So having had a look around I'm a bit fuzzy on how this all works. Is it that anyone can join the forum and submit a song to the individual projects and it may or may not get accepted? Or is their some other way you get accepted to the collective and then your submissions get released because you have been vetted?

------------------
Old 18-12-2015, 08:59 PM   #10
Grimbit
IDMf Supporter
Scotland

Quote:
So having had a look around I'm a bit fuzzy on how this all works. Is it that anyone can join the forum and submit a song to the individual projects and it may or may not get accepted? Or is their some other way you get accepted to the collective and then your submissions get released because you have been vetted?
Anyone can submit for projects, but to use the distribution and chat you have to be a full member, full membership is offered to people who are active in the forum, its so we can see what people are like before we accept them, so we can see if they are right for the project, its not really about skill as much as it is personality

------------------
Thanks to Grimbit
relic (18-12-2015)
Old 18-12-2015, 09:24 PM   #11
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimbit View Post
Anyone can submit for projects, but to use the distribution and chat you have to be a full member, full membership is offered to people who are active in the forum, its so we can see what people are like before we accept them, so we can see if they are right for the project, its not really about skill as much as it is personality
Right on. Thanks for the info

------------------
Thanks to relic
Grimbit (18-12-2015)
Old 19-12-2015, 07:58 AM   #12
Grimbit
IDMf Supporter
Scotland

Quote:
Right on. Thanks for the info
I made this, i hope it better explains, any questions add them to the thread.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Old 04-08-2016, 02:08 AM   #13
Cinderella
Learning The Ropes
Cinderella will become famous soon enough

It seems that it was a new forum.
Cinderella is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2016, 09:08 AM   #14
Armchair Nomad
Learning The Ropes
Armchair Nomad will become famous soon enough

Seems my last post got moderated out of existence. I understand it's my first post here, but I mean I only found this forum by searching for Mangled Music Collective, thought the post was funny seeing where we're at now, thought I'd respond with some links to show people how far the group has come in a post about the group, but I have to make 30 posts first before posting links or get my comment deleted?

Anyways...a quick Google search for Mangled Music Collective should give you an idea of how much we have accomplished since the group formed a little over a year ago, and even since I've joined in January.

As a side note in response to relic, we have a website now, which I unfortunately can't link you to for fear this will get deleted again. As for the forum, we've moved away from it and now use Slack to communicate.

Last edited by Armchair Nomad; 24-09-2016 at 09:14 AM..
Armchair Nomad is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Armchair Nomad
Vault O))) (02-11-2016)
Old 31-10-2016, 01:04 PM   #15
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42384399
Thanked 5,008 Times in 3,263 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Nomad View Post
Seems my last post got moderated out of existence. I understand it's my first post here, but I mean I only found this forum by searching for Mangled Music Collective, thought the post was funny seeing where we're at now, thought I'd respond with some links to show people how far the group has come in a post about the group, but I have to make 30 posts first before posting links or get my comment deleted?

Anyways...a quick Google search for Mangled Music Collective should give you an idea of how much we have accomplished since the group formed a little over a year ago, and even since I've joined in January.

As a side note in response to relic, we have a website now, which I unfortunately can't link you to for fear this will get deleted again. As for the forum, we've moved away from it and now use Slack to communicate.
I took a look at the moderated post. It looked like any other 1st-post URL spammer which is why it was taken down.

Regardless, glad the project is going well and I hope it continues to grow.

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2016, 03:18 PM   #16
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Ill give it a google. Im kind of on a musical hiatus at the moment, but it cant hurt to look!

------------------
Old 14-01-2017, 07:01 AM   #17
Treyt0r
Analog Lurker
Treyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to behold
VA
MC Status: 710

You guys have a paypal in case I want to support you guys a little even if I don't register?

Advertisements

Treyt0r is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote