Any Good Tutorials?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Ambient / Downtempo Discussion of music similar to Brian Eno, Sigur Rós, FSOL, The Orb, Biosphere.

Old 30-09-2015, 02:15 AM   #1
Bau5Beatz
Learning The Ropes
Bau5Beatz is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Any Good Tutorials?

I have found an interest in the Ambient/Downtempo style genre and I have actually been listening to it for some time. Artists like Cashmere Cat, Bryson Tiller, and Sweater Beats all have a similar sound that I would like to recreate, but I just can not find any good tutorials out there that can help me. Even fewer use FL Studio so I am at even more of a loss. Synths, basses and chord progression are what I have the hardest time with and struggling with that really dampens my motivation and overall progression of any music. Any good tutorials or tips will be greatly appreciated!

Advertisements

Bau5Beatz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Cashmere Cat, Sweater Beats
Old 02-10-2015, 07:24 PM   #2
Wulv
Learning The Ropes
Wulv will become famous soon enoughWulv will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110
Re: Any Good Tutorials?

Well, none of your examples are really ambient or downtempo, so if you're looking for tutorials stay away from that. You'd be better off looking up neo-soul/neo-R&B, trap, "chillwave", etc.

A lot of the synths and basses you'd want to use are probably going to be more along the lines of trap, but more on the mellow side if you get me.
Deep sub basses and synths with a decent amount of reverb and what-not.

Definitely search up some things on youtube, like how to make pluck synths and good sub basses. I'd link to some of the tutorials that have helped me the most but I can't yet.

I've experimented with this style a little bit and it's easy once you get the idea of how to make the synths you're after. Also, try using "real" instruments instead of just synths. Harps are rad, asian instruments have a specific but cool sound, acoustic guitars can have a really nice sound, etc.

Lastly, just listen to a shit load of that type of music. But listen critically. Think about how the separate synths sound and all that and just fuck around until you get what you're going after. You won't master it with a couple tutorials over night, so be patient.

Hope this helped a little bit.
Wulv is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:44 PM   #3
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts
Re: Any Good Tutorials?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
has a lot of tutorials, I hear.

Advertisements

Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote