Are these FL features available in Ableton?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

House / Dubstep Discussion of music similar to Deep Dish, Kaskade, Burial, Rusko, Deadmau5.

Old 24-08-2015, 09:39 PM   #1
travismostdope
Regular Freak
travismostdope is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Are these FL features available in Ableton?

I noticed:

1. FL has a function under each sample that allows you to offset the time of the sample. Its a knob. Is there anything this simple in Ableton?

2. FL has the swing fader at the top of each channel Vs. Ableton has groove pools. Is there anything as simple in Ableton?

Thanks guys

Advertisements

travismostdope is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2015, 04:42 AM   #2
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 21010
Re: Are these FL features available in Ableton?

Sorry in advance, I've only used FL, so I can't answer your question and this isn't going to help you (but it might help me).
Where is the channel swing? I only see a master swing above my pattern rack. I looked everywhere in channel settings and didn't see it, but maybe I'm just missing it. I had no idea it was possible to set swing by channel, so it's an exciting idea to mess around with if possible.

Don't worry, I'm sure your original question will get answered, just give it some more time.
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2015, 05:15 AM   #3
travismostdope
Regular Freak
travismostdope is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
Sorry in advance, I've only used FL, so I can't answer your question and this isn't going to help you (but it might help me).
Where is the channel swing? I only see a master swing above my pattern rack. I looked everywhere in channel settings and didn't see it, but maybe I'm just missing it. I had no idea it was possible to set swing by channel, so it's an exciting idea to mess around with if possible.

Don't worry, I'm sure your original question will get answered, just give it some more time.
Sorry that's what I meant. There is a master swing on the pattern rack.
travismostdope is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2015, 07:07 AM   #4
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6903359
Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by travismostdope View Post
1. FL has a function under each sample that allows you to offset the time of the sample. Its a knob. Is there anything this simple in Ableton?
Yes, in the i/o section you can adjust the track offeset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travismostdope View Post
2. FL has the swing fader at the top of each channel Vs. Ableton has groove pools. Is there anything as simple in Ableton?
Yes, swing is standard to just about all sequencing software today. There are many more swing features in Ableton Live than is available in Fruity Loops.

Advertisements

Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote