Film Soundtracks
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Non-IDMf Projects Tell us about your Non-IDMf music-based projects here. You can promote you or your label's releases, remix contests, music blogs, podcasts, radio shows and live events here. Try to add more than just spam. This is a place to involve IDMf in your projects, not just promote them.

Old 06-07-2015, 10:46 PM   #1
floydianslip
Radial Developer
floydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510
Film Soundtracks

I'm super interested in making soundtracks for film but am too shy to ask any of the filmmakers I know if they want to use my stuff. Does anyone know of any forums that connect producers/composers and filmmakers?

Advertisements

------------------
floydianslip is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 01:45 AM   #2
ILikeHorses
Granular Poster
ILikeHorses is a splendid one to beholdILikeHorses is a splendid one to beholdILikeHorses is a splendid one to beholdILikeHorses is a splendid one to beholdILikeHorses is a splendid one to beholdILikeHorses is a splendid one to beholdILikeHorses is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 810
Re: Film Soundtracks

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
< there you go.

Create some stuff to show amateur film makers, like create a score and post it on youtube, say you can do the job for free or very cheap, some will probably get in contact. as getting big in this industry, i don't really know how it works, maybe bigger film makers hear your stuff on indie productions and contact you later. i wish i could do soundtracks to movies or games too, i never really looked into that until recently. good luck mate.
ILikeHorses is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 03:44 AM   #3
floydianslip
Radial Developer
floydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks man! I don't really care if I'm doing stuff for big productions or anything, I just like the idea of writing specifically for film

------------------
Old 19-01-2016, 03:22 PM   #4
violetmasks
Analog Lurker
violetmasks is a splendid one to beholdvioletmasks is a splendid one to beholdvioletmasks is a splendid one to beholdvioletmasks is a splendid one to beholdvioletmasks is a splendid one to beholdvioletmasks is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 660

I'm glad I saw this post - i'm a film maker as well as a musician. I posted a thread for an album I made that I would like to eventually use as music for one of my films, and when I saw this thread, I thought i'd say hello. What kind of films are you making? Just curious, I always like meeting new film makers.
violetmasks is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 08:04 AM   #5
floydianslip
Radial Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetmasks View Post
What kind of films are you making? Just curious, I always like meeting new film makers.
I don't make films, I'm just interested in making music for films.

------------------
Old 16-02-2016, 09:59 AM   #6
opticaloutcast
Minor Glitch
opticaloutcast has a spectacular aura aboutopticaloutcast has a spectacular aura aboutopticaloutcast has a spectacular aura about
Shanghai
MC Status: 210

If you look up indie film message boards you can find quite a few with sub sections for film music. I've tried this in the past and found no success though, but that was a number of years ago so who knows.

I tried this one many years ago, and there are others like it all over the place

indieclub dot com - can't post links yet haha

Advertisements

opticaloutcast is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote