Ambient Drone with Sub Bass
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 11-01-2015, 02:57 AM   #1
1tripz1
Learning The Ropes
1tripz1 is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Ambient Drone with Sub Bass

Hi all,

Looking for recommendations for ambient drone/modern classical with sub bass, e.g. Blank Mass - Chernobyl or Stars of the Lid - Tippy's Demise

Thanks!

Advertisements

1tripz1 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 08:54 AM   #2
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153410
Thanked 3,068 Times in 2,151 Posts
Re: Ambient Drone with Sub Bass

I don't come across much drone that doesn't have sub bass, so my list would be way too long.
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 06:31 PM   #3
1tripz1
Learning The Ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
I don't come across much drone that doesn't have sub bass, so my list would be way too long.
Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. Apologies for not being clearer in my original post. I'm not looking for artists/songs which are mixed to include the sub bas frequencies, agreed that would be an endless list!

What I am looking for are artists/tracks that have sub bass lines. If you listen to 'Chernobyl' by Blanck Mass you'll see what I mean, the sub bass line is an individual part of the track.

Thanks (greatest smily ever!)
Old 14-01-2015, 06:36 PM   #4
ms_
Biscuits
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 111960
Thanked 2,239 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tripz1 View Post
Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. Apologies for not being clearer in my original post. I'm not looking for artists/songs which are mixed to include the sub bas frequencies, agreed that would be an endless list!

What I am looking for are artists/tracks that have sub bass lines. If you listen to 'Chernobyl' by Blanck Mass you'll see what I mean, the sub bass line is an individual part of the track.

Thanks (greatest smily ever!)
Ummm, I think I know what you mean. Similar to this?

Many dark ambient artists fall in this category: Lustmord comes to my mind first. Look for some minimal ambient or lowercase stuff as well. Stuff like Biosphere's "Autour de la Lune" might work.

Also, check "arctic ambient" category, you might find some artists you like.

------------------
ms_ is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2015, 03:13 PM   #5
1tripz1
Learning The Ropes

Still not quite there It's hard when I can't post links!

Think of the sub bass lines like you might find in a dubstep or drum and bass track. Big bombs of sub bass. Again, Chernobyl is the best example. Listen to that for a moment. Imagine a collaboration between a modern classical and dubstep producer, if you will.

The two you suggested, the first one is beautiful (added to my playlists) but the sub bass in it is more just an added frequency of the main pads. The Biosphere track is closer, but it is kind of more extreme in the other way, as it is almost just sub bass! arctic ambient is a little too closer to non-music for what I'm after, as enjoyable as it is.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:12 AM   #6
Smile_Price
Soundwave Mangler
Smile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 960

3:33

3:33 is a hard artist to find sometimes but there's some bass there for sure. They aren't an unusual concept but there's nothing quite like them in practice. A good gateway from rhythmic to ambient music.
Smile_Price is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2015, 08:42 AM   #7
Ṣalim
Minor Glitch
Ṣalim will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

Check out Loscil's album Plume. It might be what you are looking for.

Advertisements

Ṣalim is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Do Make Say Think