Cthulhu question in FL
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Modular software & programming MaxMSP, Reaktor, Pure Data, Jeskola BUZZ, and other modular programs. Any questions relating to these programs (patching, favorite ensembles) should be posted in this forum.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:34 PM   #1
FoDriZZlE
Knob Twiddler
FoDriZZlE has a spectacular aura aboutFoDriZZlE has a spectacular aura aboutFoDriZZlE has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210
Cthulhu question in FL

Hi, Ive downloaded xfers Cthulhu, and its working great, but im wondering how they get the chord information or what i should call it...if you use Cthulhu you will know what I mean by watching this video!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

FoDriZZlE is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 06:37 AM   #2
makro
Minor Glitch
makro will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60
Re: Cthulhu question in FL

Don't understand the question, i think, so here's my try of an explanation:

Cthulu works with chords in two ways, either triggering pre-programmed chords by single key strokes or interpreting midi input chords (for the arpeggiator, when the "chords" mode is inactive). The former is just various chords mapped to keys, easy compositions without breaking your fingers, the latter analyzes the input chord and puts out the most likely key (some chords fit into various scales).

The section you reference in the tutorial video is just showing the recording of cthulhus output chords via i/o mapping. You can use these notes (sustained) as input for the arpeggiator again as well, create endless working combinations of layers of layers of sounds.
Best way imho is to work out something simple and edit the recorded result to add mood/complexity.

Advertisements

makro is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote