How to embed Bandcamp track lists?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 11-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #1
Matt Kwid
Analog Lurker
Matt Kwid has a spectacular aura aboutMatt Kwid has a spectacular aura about
Austin
MC Status: 160
Icon4 How to embed Bandcamp track lists?

Greetings Producers,

This post was obviously needed for this forum because it is frustrating as hell to work for so many hours on a project and not be able to create a simple link to it properly.

My exact code for embedding the Bandcamp album player in case you don't want to play stump the chump for ten minutes. The number (that I show in the image) between the [ BC ] and the [ /BC ] is your album number that you will see in the link Bandcamp generates for you when you select the embed Wordpress option for your album.

I am posting this as there seem to be many ways to do it on different types of message boards and such all over the internet and it is very frustrating when you attempt to share an album you have worked on for months and you run into this problem. Even when I searched this message board, the one thread on this topic did not expose the exact code.

I thought an image would make all the difference.

My exact code (that does not contain any spaces):
I hope this helps someone.

Cheers,
~Matt Kwid

Last edited by scyn; 11-20-2013 at 07:01 PM.. Reason: removed shameless self-promo :)

Advertisements

------------------
Matt Kwid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Matt Kwid
Lug (12-27-2013)
Old 05-27-2014, 11:49 AM   #2
Cypherclerk
Generate & Test
Cypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MC
Rectilinear Filigree
MC Status: 53740105
Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,616 Posts
How to embed Bandcamp track lists?

How do you embed the bandcamp track lists?

Whatever I try it creates a big empty space.

Cypherclerk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:50 AM   #3
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/\/\
MC Status: 389883256
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,084 Posts
Re: How to embed Bandcamp track lists?

^^^
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Merged.
scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to scyn
Cypherclerk (05-27-2014)
Old 05-27-2014, 11:54 AM   #4
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80985580
Thanked 3,907 Times in 2,541 Posts

only put the numbers written after "album" between the BC tags.

I wish we could embed the small version of the player though
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:21 AM   #5
Cypherclerk
Generate & Test
Cypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MC
Rectilinear Filigree
MC Status: 53740105
Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,616 Posts

I can't find these numbers in a url anywhere when I open an artists Bandcamp page.

------------------
Cypherclerk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:25 AM   #6
fidelium
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
fidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MC
\(_o)/
MC Status: 2147483647
Thanked 3,203 Times in 1,773 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Minion View Post
I can't find these numbers in a url anywhere when I open an artists Bandcamp page.
use the embed function on the page and copy the number

ex:

<iframe style="border: 0; width: 350px; height: 470px;" src="http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/album=1573115196/size=large/bgcol=ffffff/linkcol=0687f5/tracklist=false/transparent=true/" seamless><a href="http://inspaceandtimerecords.bandcamp.com/album/a-product-of-my-environment">A Product Of My Environment by Jazzyspoon</a></iframe>

in case you didn't catch that: 1573115196

------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom View Post
You need more hair on those balls, son.
fidelium is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 09:27 PM   #7
Mrs Dink
Analog Lurker
Mrs Dink has a brilliant futureMrs Dink has a brilliant futureMrs Dink has a brilliant futureMrs Dink has a brilliant futureMrs Dink has a brilliant futureMrs Dink has a brilliant futureMrs Dink has a brilliant futureMrs Dink has a brilliant futureMrs Dink has a brilliant futureMrs Dink has a brilliant futureMrs Dink has a brilliant future
Washington State
MC Status: 1810

I'm sorry I cant get this to work! Mods can you help me please? I use the embed function on bandcamp, copy the code & cut out the 10 digit number after "album", wrap it in bc tags and it's still coming up as the white "webpage cannot be found" box.

Advertisements

------------------
Mrs Dink is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote