[MAWM] Automageddon's tracks 4 May Album Writing Month
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Quarterly Album Writing Month (QAWM) IDMf's Quarterly Album Writing Month project. Find all things QAWM related PLUS members own QAWM music!

Old 03-05-2014, 04:11 PM   #1
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269465258
Thanked 2,833 Times in 1,876 Posts
[MAWM] Automageddon's tracks 4 May Album Writing Month

Here are my songs for our very own May Album Writing Month, I'll update the thread when more songs are in.

Here's the first one, Immense.
Done in a day only, this is the first mixdown.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

One more track done: The beat that made me wait.

Number 3: That worthless epic feeling

Number 4: IBM Core

Number 5: Lolirl Dub (Sveldt The Frequencies Of Love):

Last edited by Automageddon; 28-05-2014 at 08:11 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Automageddon
lolirl (06-05-2014)
Old 03-05-2014, 04:25 PM   #2
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963583
Thanked 4,083 Times in 2,708 Posts
Re: [MAWM] Automageddon's tracks 4 May Album Writing Month

"Not available."
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:27 PM   #3
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.

Try to open it soundcloud

------------------
Old 03-05-2014, 04:42 PM   #4
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC

Maybe it's private? The latest entry on SC is a month ago.

Edit, still not available.

Last edited by Muse-ic; 03-05-2014 at 05:01 PM..
Old 03-05-2014, 04:52 PM   #5
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Less kids, more synths.

It is private but I pasted the private link

------------------
Old 03-05-2014, 07:23 PM   #6
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 184160
Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,744 Posts

Cool track, Auto..nice one. Left you a comment over on SC..basically saying how cool it is and how I like the electro grunge vibe I got from it. Can't wait to here the next one.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:28 PM   #7
Muse-ic
Wanderer

Awesome texture, I'm with AM that beat at 3:00 along with the synth is awesome.
Thanks to Muse-ic
Automageddon (05-05-2014)
Old 05-05-2014, 10:57 AM   #8
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Less kids, more synths.

2nd track is up!

------------------
Old 05-05-2014, 05:30 PM   #9
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 184160
Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,744 Posts

Love track # 2..really moody dark vibe off it for me. Like I said over on SC, this is total film music..or should be.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
Old 05-05-2014, 09:39 PM   #10
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8541180
Thanked 7,005 Times in 4,978 Posts

Nice ones, these first two. Left some love on SC. But digging these. What is your process/setup like these days? I think you answered this somewhere else...lemme go look...OK yea found it. Nice one. Forgot you had an A4.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
Old 05-05-2014, 09:43 PM   #11
waymire
Regular Freak
waymire is a jewel in the roughwaymire is a jewel in the roughwaymire is a jewel in the roughwaymire is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310

This is really interesting. They are really cool, I can't wait to see what else you come up with. I love the feel of the second one.
waymire is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to waymire
Old 05-05-2014, 10:04 PM   #12
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Less kids, more synths.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm glad I managed to make the most out of the long weekend and churn out two tracks, now hopefully I'll manage to keep the pace...
@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
: Live has been the centre of my setup, so I had bass guitar, mpc and Analog 4 going into it, recorded as loops, then re-arranged, basically despite all the time that has passed, I'm using Live in the same way I was using Magix Music Maker when I started...

At the moment the weakest part of my setup is the MPC, it feels like it's slowing me down, I think I'll gladly go back to Maschine.

Also another thing I noticed is that without a physical source of sounds I get lost, if I have a synth, even the humble Shruthi, I make sounds and sample them in drum kits or instruments, if I have to browse through a sample library I lose the motivation....

------------------
Thanks to Automageddon
relic (05-05-2014)
Old 05-05-2014, 10:28 PM   #13
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8541180
Thanked 7,005 Times in 4,978 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automageddon View Post
Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm glad I managed to make the most out of the long weekend and churn out two tracks, now hopefully I'll manage to keep the pace...
@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
: Live has been the centre of my setup, so I had bass guitar, mpc and Analog 4 going into it, recorded as loops, then re-arranged, basically despite all the time that has passed, I'm using Live in the same way I was using Magix Music Maker when I started...

At the moment the weakest part of my setup is the MPC, it feels like it's slowing me down, I think I'll gladly go back to Maschine.

Also another thing I noticed is that without a physical source of sounds I get lost, if I have a synth, even the humble Shruthi, I make sounds and sample them in drum kits or instruments, if I have to browse through a sample library I lose the motivation....
Yea...I am way happier with a knobby synth in front of me instead of sample library these days...though I guess that isnt entirely true given the source sounds for my MAWM tracks...but I hear you on this. Also cant imagine something replacing Maschine especially as the center of my hardware setup. I am seriously about to drop bombs on MeeBlip because I need moar synths! Considering what I have been able to do w a rompler and a guitar pedal I am thinking of picking up maybe an older electribe.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:37 PM   #14
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744031441
Thanked 7,280 Times in 4,524 Posts

Tried listening the other day Auto but they weren't available.
Just listening to the first one now and it's really good. I really like it. Nice to hear you getting your Wobble on. Good stuff man.

------------------
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to lolirl
Automageddon (06-05-2014)
Old 06-05-2014, 01:41 PM   #15
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC

OK the second one is great too.
That big reverb reminds me of the Melvins, Eyes Flys which I like a lot.
Love the bass just burbling along, and the machine-style percussion.
Yeah more great work, keep it up mate.

------------------
Thanks to lolirl
Old 06-05-2014, 01:43 PM   #16
lolirl
Administrator

The end goes all Raster-Noton.

------------------
Thanks to lolirl
Old 10-05-2014, 09:26 AM   #17
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Less kids, more synths.

One more track added, plenty of wobble for Lolirl listening pleasure and some details for the gear junkies, all sounds and loops were generated on the Elektron A4, sampled in Live with no extra effects (apart from the ping pong delay on the crash-like sound and the utility on some sounds to widen the stereo field).

------------------
Old 12-05-2014, 06:37 PM   #18
Muse-ic
Wanderer

Second and third tracks are awesome. Love the rumbling bass and industrial type sound. The third track is my favorite so far.
Old 15-05-2014, 12:00 AM   #19
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5743193

Sweet stuff man. Actually popped your album in my cd player this morning and was digging into it again as well.

Can't wait to hear me.

------------------
Say
bbb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to bbb
Automageddon (15-05-2014)
Old 15-05-2014, 09:06 AM   #20
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Less kids, more synths.

I'm in the arrangement stage of track number 4, I'm really happy, I feel like every track is better than the previous one!

Advertisements

------------------