Suggestion: Lower the 30 post minimum for links?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 01-07-2014, 07:12 AM   #1
Daxy
Regular Freak
Daxy is on a distinguished road
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
MC Status: 10
Suggestion: Lower the 30 post minimum for links?

I've been actively reading around on the forums for about a week now, and I've already noticed quite a few of the newer (including myself) and/or less frequent members being unable to provide relevant info, sources, etc in their posts due to being restricted by the "No links until 30 posts" rule. I would link to a few examples, but uhh.... I can't.

I know that 30 is a relatively small number, but it's still an annoyance not being able to perform such a common task. I assume the main reasoning behind the rule is to prevent spambots from linking malicious sites? If that's the case, how about lowering the min post count to, say, 5 or 10 posts?

Other than this^, I just don't see the good in having this rule. Sure, there might be some new members who would spam/troll with unnecessary links, but I would imagine that that number is greatly outweighed by those members who actually intend on posting useful, relevant links. It just seems like more of a hindrance than anything else.

Thoughts?

Advertisements

Daxy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:24 AM   #2
FunkMasterBrown
Bastard!!!IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC
King's Head function room
MC Status: 222279284
Thanked 2,562 Times in 1,710 Posts
Re: Suggestion: Lower the 30 post minimum for links?

You would think the prople that run the site know it best and how it works best

to assume otherwise is to be a tit

Dont be a tit mate

------------------
FunkMasterBrown is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:43 AM   #3
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 57910
Thanked 1,158 Times in 773 Posts

To be honest: I like that limit. It reduces spam. Imagine all of the stupid ads that would get posted here if this was lowered... Most spammers are too impatient to actually get 30 meaningful posts before they can start spamming their shit.

Anyway... You're halfway there so just participate in some meaningful discussions and you'll be there in no time

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:58 AM   #4
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153410
Thanked 3,068 Times in 2,151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daxy View Post

I've been actively reading around on the forums for about a week now, and I've already noticed quite a few of the newer (including myself) and/or less frequent members being unable to provide relevant info, sources, etc in their posts due to being restricted by the "No links until 30 posts" rule. I would link to a few examples, but uhh.... I can't.

I know that 30 is a relatively small number, but it's still an annoyance not being able to perform such a common task. I assume the main reasoning behind the rule is to prevent spambots from linking malicious sites? If that's the case, how about lowering the min post count to, say, 5 or 10 posts?

Other than this^, I just don't see the good in having this rule. Sure, there might be some new members who would spam/troll with unnecessary links, but I would imagine that that number is greatly outweighed by those members who actually intend on posting useful, relevant links. It just seems like more of a hindrance than anything else.

Thoughts?
You'd be surprised at what they're cool with. People still do post links without 30 posts (I don't recommend doing that yourself, you'd be breaking rules, and those who do it are breaking rules) but I don't see the mods running around and killing off every single link and calling it spam. Point is, it's a good system no matter how you cut it, imho.

You don't have to be super frequent to make 30 posts. Go to the side room and you'll probably be there in 10 minutes
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:08 AM   #5
Evelon
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214387348
Thanked 2,778 Times in 1,736 Posts

Your post had four paragraphs. One could make 5 posts with the same amount of text. If you write the Op x3, but spread them out on several useful posts, you will reach 30 in no-time.

Good luck.

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:00 PM   #6
lolirl
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744001541
Thanked 6,682 Times in 4,183 Posts

lol, no that doesn't work either.
Post-count uppers like that get merged or deleted.

Generally, I don't think it's that big of a limit.
The idea is not only to reduce spam but to contribute a little before you start asking questions.
We have so many threads on production I'd be quite surprised if you had a unique issue tbh.
Try using the Advanced search to see if the subject has already been discussed.
If it has why not decide who seems to know what they're talking about and send them a quick pm?

Last edited by lolirl; 01-07-2014 at 01:08 PM..
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to lolirl
scyn (01-07-2014)
Old 01-07-2014, 01:01 PM   #7
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/\/\
MC Status: 389883256
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,084 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelon View Post
Your post had four paragraphs. One could make 5 posts with the same amount of text. If you write the Op x3, but spread them out on several useful posts, you will reach 30 in no-time.

Good luck.
lol then everyone comes down on their ass for posting like a clown.

edit: almost same time post. That was me who was too slow. my bad yo
scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:07 PM   #8
Evelon
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214387348
Thanked 2,778 Times in 1,736 Posts

I'm obviously misunderstood .
Read my post again (especially the "useful posts" part).

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:28 PM   #9
Nyul
Nyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MC
MC Status: 24960

It's not that much of a problem imo, if you really want to share a link you can put it in with (dot) instead and stuff like that. Someone else usually posts the hyperlink or the youtube video after that.

I don't know if it really stops a lot of spam (let's not test that), but it does motivate people to spend more time posting useful stuff before they start dumping links to their stuff (if that is why they joined).
And for those who just want to talk here, they'll get past the 30 soon enough.

------------------
Nyul is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:14 PM   #10
Audāx
AudaxAudio
Audāx has a spectacular aura aboutAudāx has a spectacular aura about
NY
MC Status: 160

Thirty posts is really not a lot , I would suggest just chatting around with people to build your post count up. Im sure this isnt the first time this has been brought up , best bet is to just go with the flow and keep on posting.
Audāx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:02 AM   #11
NaturalDissolve
Knob Twiddler
NaturalDissolve is a splendid one to beholdNaturalDissolve is a splendid one to beholdNaturalDissolve is a splendid one to beholdNaturalDissolve is a splendid one to beholdNaturalDissolve is a splendid one to beholdNaturalDissolve is a splendid one to beholdNaturalDissolve is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 860

Listen and comment on 10 tracks a day. 3 days! BOOM! 30 posts.

------------------
NaturalDissolve is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:34 AM   #12
g0lem
Savage Mad Cunt
g0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MC
c-audio's basement, apparently.
MC Status: 31060

It should be raised to 50.
Or better yet, based on a two tier system where you have to hit 50, and then also get 25 thanks.

------------------
g0lem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to g0lem
SunkLo (06-06-2014)
Old 01-21-2014, 07:10 AM   #13
NaturalDissolve
Knob Twiddler
NaturalDissolve is a splendid one to beholdNaturalDissolve is a splendid one to beholdNaturalDissolve is a splendid one to beholdNaturalDissolve is a splendid one to beholdNaturalDissolve is a splendid one to beholdNaturalDissolve is a splendid one to beholdNaturalDissolve is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 860

Oh boy 25 thanks. I had trouble getting 1!

I think I'd go with you are required to comment on 50 tracks. It would be the only music network where new music gets listened to!

------------------
NaturalDissolve is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to NaturalDissolve
PROton42 (01-21-2014)
Old 01-21-2014, 07:54 AM   #14
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153410
Thanked 3,068 Times in 2,151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalDissolve View Post
Oh boy 25 thanks. I had trouble getting 1!

I think I'd go with you are required to comment on 50 tracks. It would be the only music network where new music gets listened to!
It already is that.

Advertisements

Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote