Original Styles!
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 11-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #1
Dastilla
Regular Freak
Dastilla is on a distinguished road
Oklahoma
MC Status: 10
Original Styles!

I have always been a huge Dubstep fan. I love everything from the super dark stuff like Datsik and Excision, to the really filthy stuff like Getter, Rekoil and most of the Firepower Records crew. I still love all of em so much, but the lighter side of Dubstep I am losing interest in. Zomboy, Skrillex, Krewellla, Pegboard Nerds, Eptic all of them I love but for hte most part some of them are starting to sound the same. I dont like hardly any others because they are the standard sounding Skrillex knockoff stuff. Is there any artists you know of that have a very original style and offer there own unique twist to there music? I already know of Funtcase, Eptic, Kill The Noise, Datsik, all of them, and there styles so is there anything maybe less popular I might not have heard of that I might like? Remember I am looking for some totally different stuff. Stuff that sounds new and nothing comparable or related to any of the artists I might have named above.

Advertisements

Dastilla is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:49 PM   #2
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8507530
Thanked 6,332 Times in 4,545 Posts
Re: Original Styles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastilla View Post
I have always been a huge Dubstep fan. I love everything from the super dark stuff like Datsik and Excision, to the really filthy stuff like Getter, Rekoil and most of the Firepower Records crew. I still love all of em so much, but the lighter side of Dubstep I am losing interest in. Zomboy, Skrillex, Krewellla, Pegboard Nerds, Eptic all of them I love but for hte most part some of them are starting to sound the same. I dont like hardly any others because they are the standard sounding Skrillex knockoff stuff. Is there any artists you know of that have a very original style and offer there own unique twist to there music? I already know of Funtcase, Eptic, Kill The Noise, Datsik, all of them, and there styles so is there anything maybe less popular I might not have heard of that I might like? Remember I am looking for some totally different stuff. Stuff that sounds new and nothing comparable or related to any of the artists I might have named above.
I feel like that sound is dead or dying. There are more flavors of dubstep you haven't looked into. Try out the likes of Boxcutter and 2562. They are quite different from what you are after. But they've both got tons of ace tunes.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:28 AM   #3
Cypherclerk
Generate & Test
Cypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MC
Rectilinear Filigree
MC Status: 53740305
Thanked 2,374 Times in 1,618 Posts

------------------
Cypherclerk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Cypherclerk
PROton42 (06-12-2014)
Old 11-13-2013, 06:55 PM   #4
Dastilla
Regular Freak
Dastilla is on a distinguished road
Oklahoma
MC Status: 10

Alright thanks much! I have heard of them but never got around to listening.
Dastilla is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 11:01 PM   #5
Zigg
Granular Poster
Zigg is a name known to allZigg is a name known to allZigg is a name known to allZigg is a name known to allZigg is a name known to allZigg is a name known to all
MC Status: 560

Fucking Borgore. Borgore is hardcore. Lots of metal and hip-hop influence. The triplet kicks he includes are brutal. It's good shit.

Advertisements

Zigg is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote