Good Ambient Labels
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 18-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
HooTsH
Regular Freak
HooTsH has a spectacular aura aboutHooTsH has a spectacular aura about
Cairo
MC Status: 160
Good Ambient Labels

Hello everyone, hope you're having a good day.

So I was just wondering, if people have got any favorite Ambient labels they like to check out every now and then? A little while ago I spent like an entire day searching and browsing and by the end of the day I had a good list of labels, a good number of them offered ALL of its music for free, but now I lost all of their names.

So maybe we could start searching and sharing these labels with each other, maybe we could even come up with a big list to keep, like an encyclopedia of Ambient labels?

Advertisements

HooTsH is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Aphex Twin - Rhubarb
Old 18-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #2
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153410
Thanked 3,068 Times in 2,151 Posts
Re: Good Ambient Labels

Yessir!

Hooker Vision
Tranquility Tapes
SicSic
Reverb Worship
Stunned
Peasant Magik
Anathema Sound
Sacred Phrases
Moon Glyph
Field Studies
Hidden Shoal
Orange Milk
Beer On The Rug
Under The Spire
Goldtimers Tapes
House Of Alchemy
Sunk Series
Fadeaway Tapes
Different Lands
Space Slave
Hobo Cult
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2013, 10:19 PM   #3
Str8Jaketed
Str8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MC
GET OFF MY LAWN!
MC Status: 33060

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Some very good stuff floating around there...

and no I was not paid for this promotion..

now wheres my check!....LOL!!!>.

------------------
“A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”Frank Zappa

“Hell is full of musical amateurs.” -George Bernard Shaw
Str8Jaketed is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2013, 10:52 PM   #4
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 163710
Thanked 3,274 Times in 2,444 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8Jaketed View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Some very good stuff floating around there...

and no I was not paid for this promotion..

now wheres my check!....LOL!!!>.
Don't ell me you actually hold that shite outfit in high regard??

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2013, 12:18 AM   #5
Str8Jaketed
Str8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MC
GET OFF MY LAWN!
MC Status: 33060

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMechanics View Post
Don't ell me you actually hold that shite outfit in high regard??

^^^^^and you can listen to this guys stuff too..^^^^^

------------------
“A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”Frank Zappa

“Hell is full of musical amateurs.” -George Bernard Shaw
Str8Jaketed is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Str8Jaketed
A.M (19-10-2013)
Old 19-10-2013, 12:21 PM   #6
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 163710
Thanked 3,274 Times in 2,444 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8Jaketed View Post
^^^^^and you can listen to this guys stuff too..^^^^^

Just ask Relic..he's tell you I'm right..that guy REALLY knows his stuff!

Seriously..all joking aside..[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
is well worth checking out..and getting involved in, if you have the time and talent to do so..a great idea, run by a great bunch of guys. I hope it get's all the success it really does deserve.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #7
HooTsH
Regular Freak
Cairo

Awesome stuff, that'll keep me busy for the rest of the day lol

But yea the Altered Echo label is pretty good, I like what I'm listening to so far

Thanks for the input guys, also I managed to find one of the labels I used to download stuff from: They're not the best but they offer a lot of free music; its called Ping Things, go to their website then click "label" for the free stuff.
Old 19-10-2013, 06:00 PM   #8
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooTsH View Post

Thanks for the input guys, also I managed to find one of the labels I used to download stuff from: They're not the best but they offer a lot of free music; its called Ping Things, go to their website then click "label" for the free stuff.
Not the best!? That amateur sound is the one good thing about modern ambient / the internet. If someone wants a larger than life sound, they can listen to Sigur Ros or Coldplay
Old 19-10-2013, 06:45 PM   #9
HooTsH
Regular Freak
Cairo

LOL I understand what you mean, but the albums I've downloaded from there did not manage to really "amaze" me, if you know what I mean, I'm not saying its bad at all, though, if I thought they were bad I wouldn't have shared their name in the first place.
To be fair, however, I did not download everything, the last thing I downloaded from there was an album called the "Zen of Zero" by a guy called "Reinholt" I remember it lacking any kind of movement, it was basically 60 minutes of a pad + the same stab fading in and out every few seconds. So maybe this is why I got a bad impression, it would have been good Ambient if it was produced like 15 years ago, but not now.

For example, compare this album I just mentioned to a track like: Astropilot - Inverted Worlds to see what I mean.
Old 19-10-2013, 06:54 PM   #10
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooTsH View Post
LOL I understand what you mean, but the albums I've downloaded from there did not manage to really "amaze" me, if you know what I mean, I'm not saying its bad at all, though, if I thought they were bad I wouldn't have shared their name in the first place.
To be fair, however, I did not download everything, the last thing I downloaded from there was an album called the "Zen of Zero" by a guy called "Reinholt" I remember it lacking any kind of movement, it was basically 60 minutes of a pad + the same stab fading in and out every few seconds. So maybe this is why I got a bad impression, it would have been good Ambient if it was produced like 15 years ago, but not now.

For example, compare this album I just mentioned to a track like: Astropilot - Inverted Worlds to see what I mean.
I know what you mean about that dated sound, but the uninteresting stuff is really good if you're into meditation. I have this belief that there's a time and place for even the most boring shit in the world, it produces a more hypnotic state (which isn't so good for road tripping at night though, unless you have a death wish).

I'm listening to Astropilot now on Spotify, and fuck yeah this is cool! This is my idea of a more maximal sound, but it's not total overkill like those post rock bands. Great recommendation!
Old 19-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #11
HooTsH
Regular Freak
Cairo

I mostly listen to Ambient while walking through the empty streets of the city at like 2AM, so for me if I'm listening to something too hypnotic I'll instantly drop into a mood of depression. But yeah, different functions mean different styles and different tastes.

You're welcome
Old 25-10-2013, 01:41 PM   #12
Vinc2
Learning The Ropes
Vinc2 will become famous soon enough
Annecy
MC Status: 60

SEM Label (search in Google) is one of the best ambient labels for me.
Alexandre Navarro - Arcane and Letna - Adria are fantastic records.
Vinc2 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 08:55 PM   #13
HypnoticImplant
Analog Lurker
HypnoticImplant is a splendid one to beholdHypnoticImplant is a splendid one to beholdHypnoticImplant is a splendid one to beholdHypnoticImplant is a splendid one to beholdHypnoticImplant is a splendid one to beholdHypnoticImplant is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 660

Eg0cide Productions (can't post links, newbie here)

Great (dark) ambient stuff, though the label leans towards improv stuff, homemade instruments and experimental thingies like that. But it's a good label, worth checking out.
HypnoticImplant is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to HypnoticImplant
Kvlt O))) (12-02-2014)
Old 11-02-2015, 11:20 AM   #14
Smile_Price
Soundwave Mangler
Smile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 960

Cryo Chamber, for dark stuff.
Smile_Price is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2015, 08:26 PM   #15
anita
Learning The Ropes
anita will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

there is a big collection of labels at psybient.org
anita is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote