max4live - jitter feedback question.
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Modular software & programming MaxMSP, Reaktor, Pure Data, Jeskola BUZZ, and other modular programs. Any questions relating to these programs (patching, favorite ensembles) should be posted in this forum.

Old 11-03-2013, 04:56 AM   #1
aerodynamiks
Granular Poster
aerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MC
the great white north
MC Status: 10122944
max4live - jitter feedback question.

a hoy hoy mates.

i've hit a roadblock on a project and wondering if anyone can assist me...

i'm trying to create a matrix feedback loop. i've had no problems creating a jitter feedback loops using jit.matrix and jit.op, however, i would like to achieve a feedback loop using a jit.gl.shader to utilize the performance gains of openGL. since there's very little documentation on openGL in jitter, i'm completely clueless as to how to do this. i've found, within the Max6 > Cycling74 > jitter-shaders > math folder, some shaders that appear to be similar to jit.op for math operations, which appear as if they would achieve my desired feedback setup. my problem is i'm having troubles understanding where to 'apply' the shader. i have no issues using other texture-style shaders in jit.gl.videoplane, but what jit.gl.x object would I need to use to apply the math operation shaders?

i'm stumped.

i understand this probably isn't quite the right forum to be asking this question, but i trust there's some bright folks around these woods

cheers to anyone who could shed some light.

Advertisements

aerodynamiks is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #2
aerodynamiks
Granular Poster
aerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MC
the great white north
MC Status: 10122944
Re: max4live - jitter feedback question.

figured it out

here's the code to do what i was trying to do... achieve a fb loop with openGL in jitter. the jit.gl.slab objects handle the feedback loop (the pink patchcord area) and allow me to process math operations.

Advertisements

aerodynamiks is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote