Rules thread: **YOU MUST READ BEFORE POSTING**
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

IDMf Classifieds Buy, Sell and offer your services to other members here

Old 07-11-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
Benwaa
Rules thread: **YOU MUST READ BEFORE POSTING**

IDMf Classifieds Rules

Any infraction of these rules is grounds for immediate ban, so pay attention kids!

Short run-down of the rules:
1. IDMf is not liable for transactions made through this forum.
2. There is a minimum post count both for creating threads and to be able to post at all.
3. Threads must be formatted correctly.

IDMf is not liable for transactions made through this forum.

• IDMf takes no responsibility and can not be held liable for any sales or purchases made through this forum. By posting here you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk.
  • You must be legally entitled to anything you attempt to sell through this forum. Stolen or pirated objects/software is strictly prohibited and any attempts to sell such materials here will result in an instant permanent ban.

We will do our best to keep obvious bullshit out of here but ultimately any deals struck here are the responsibility only of the people involved, and not of the forum staff. Exercise good sense and don't jump into any deals without doing research.

In the case of software sales, you must have permission to transfer the license from the developer before advertising it for sale. Contact them and make sure you have permission; do not assume you do. Sample CDs and sample based instruments have notoriously restrictive license agreements so check before you try to sell.

There is a minimum post count both for creating threads and to be able to post at all.

• Minimum 0 posts and one month membership to post in this sub-forum.
  • Minimum 30 to create new threads.
  • All threads are subject to staff approval; they will be removed if deemed inappropriate or spam

Some may argue that this is unfair to new users or people who don't post much; however, this section of the forum is here on something of a trial basis and there has been concern among staff that it might be abused or an attraction for spam. None of us want that, we want this to be a useful resource for the existing community.

If you just want to sell something or go shopping, Ebay or Craigslist should be where you look. Similarly, if you want to just sell whatever ASAP to the widest audience Ebay or Craigslist or whatever is a better option; this forum is better for if you want to give fellow IDMf users first crack at things.

If you have been here more than 6 months but don't post a lot, PM [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
and request permission to post.

Threads must be formatted correctly.

When it comes to gear for sale, we require you to take a picture of the item/s in question with a piece of paper visible showing 'IDMf' or 'IDM forums', your forum username, and the date. This is to help combat potential scammers.

Thread titles:
At the beginning of the thread title, mark what type of thread it is in [square brackets].
  • For sale = [For Sale]
  • Looking for = [Seeking]
  • If you're looking to trade gear, use [Trade] - this can be used along with other tags if appropriate, for example if you'll either take cash or a trade for something you're selling
  • If you're seeking band members/collaborators, add a [P] to indicate it's a personnel advert.
  • Indicate where you are as well in (brackets), by city, state/province/territory/country as appropriate.
Try to be as descriptive as possible in the title. Indicate what you're selling/looking for and how much you want for it, or what you've like to trade for it.

In the case of posting in the 'Services' section, no naming tags[] are required, but please make a concise, to-the-point thread title that makes clear what you're selling.

Examples:
Looking to sell or trade an elektron Machinedrum should be titled:
[TRADE][FOR SALE] (Los Angeles, CA) Elektron Machinedrum, $1200 or MIA Fender Stratocaster

Looking to find a bassist for your band/project should look like:
[Seeking](Edmonton, AB) Bassist for grindcore/electro fusion live shows

If you're not sure about something, go ahead and make the thread as close to what you think is right as possible, and PM a MODERATOR to ask for clarification/correction.

For threads themselves:
Be as descriptive as possible. If accepting trades, detail what you're looking for or anything you don't want, indicate if you're willing to haggle or not, indicate what condition the item is in, if it's been used on the road or only in a smoke-free soft padded room, etc.

For personnel ads be as descriptive about what the position would entail, remuneration offered if any, what gear you'll provide or that they'd need to provide themselves, etc.

Including serial numbers and many pictures showing the condition of the item/s is recommended but not mandatory. Helps make sure things are legit - you can often check serials online to tell if something is stolen, and people are usually more comfortable buying stuff when they can see for themselves what kind of condition it's in.

Last edited by Benwaa; 14-12-2013 at 02:43 PM..

Advertisements

Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Benwaa
jVs (12-11-2012)
Old 12-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #2
Benwaa
Re: Rules thread: **YOU MUST READ BEFORE POSTING**

if it's not active after a certain amount of time then no. if it is then yes

and or best offer is up to the seller.
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2012, 04:51 AM   #3
calypsoB
calypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improve
MC Status: -12411435

SWEET! This is awesome man I have been hoping to see something like this on here.
calypsoB is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #4
Rixtr
IDMf Supporter
Rixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MC
golly gee wiz
MC Status: 329123950
Thanked 1,669 Times in 1,154 Posts

so....can we start?
Rixtr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #5
Benwaa

yeah man, that's why the forum is open and visible
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #6
Rixtr
IDMf Supporter
Rixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MC
golly gee wiz
MC Status: 329123950
Thanked 1,669 Times in 1,154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benwaa View Post
yeah man, that's why the forum is open and visible
um yeah stupid question i guess.....(sigh)
Rixtr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #7
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 36100
Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,711 Posts

Good to see this thread in action on the sidebar, I know that I've definitely seen enough people posting about buying and selling their gear in other parts of the forum and hopefully this gets popular.

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2012, 04:29 AM   #8
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming
MC Status: 11474554

sweeeeeet

------------------
Music please - Unregistered needs to get in the CHATROOM!!!
music by I/O_Madness --- facebook
CHECK OUT THE LATEST BEAT BATTLE!!

I/O_Madness
I/O_Madness is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #9
SampleScienc
Knob Twiddler
SampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond repute
Canada
MC Status: 2810

can we post ads for sample libraries and music release?

------------------
SampleScienc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #10
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8534080
Thanked 6,863 Times in 4,888 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SampleScienc View Post
can we post ads for sample libraries and music release?
Try the Member Releases sub forum for the music releases.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 02:04 PM   #11
stevenRanger
Learning The Ropes
stevenRanger is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Hello respected administrator. I have a question for you. I was wondering if I could post an add here in terms of selling music, samples, vocals and other mp3/wav related audio files from a certain web site and I think that this forum is appropriate for this kind of advert. For example: I want to sell audio formats contained on stompy music shop for half a price so i post it here as an advert.. Thank you in advance for your reply.
stevenRanger is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 02:15 PM   #12
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/\/\
MC Status: 389883256
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,084 Posts

The service is for members, not for companies to post adverts. A better idea would be to get involved and put a link to the website in your signature when you've got sufficient posts (35).
scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2014, 01:59 AM   #13
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 36100
Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,711 Posts

PLEASE Read these rules people. Only a good 20% of the posts in this section are following the titling format, and overlook the "Services" section entirely.

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 04:05 PM   #14
Benwaa

Make a thread in this section Rixtr, not in the rules thread
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Benwaa
Rixtr (08-08-2014)
Old 15-08-2014, 11:44 PM   #15
MrScorpio
Analog Lurker
MrScorpio is a savage MCMrScorpio is a savage MCMrScorpio is a savage MCMrScorpio is a savage MCMrScorpio is a savage MCMrScorpio is a savage MCMrScorpio is a savage MCMrScorpio is a savage MCMrScorpio is a savage MCMrScorpio is a savage MCMrScorpio is a savage MC
Detroit
MC Status: 799810

Just checking in.

Question:

Varifying the forum where I post my radio show podcasts from now on? Or is that prohibited from now on?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Obviously, I can't update my thread in The Community Center Music Scene Chat Parties, Events & Radio Shows anymore. I've been doing that for over the last two years.

Scorp!

------------------
MrScorpio is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2014, 11:53 PM   #16
Benwaa

no that section no longer exists. a newsletter was sent out to all registered members via PM not that long ago explaining the changes. also the latest PM newsletter also mentions it in brief. So check your inbox on here It's something that was discussed at large amongst the community and this is what was decided amongst all the members, see here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

For an update on where you can promo your stuff an also the rules regarding it, please see here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Benwaa
lolirl (19-08-2014)