M4L crashing
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Modular software & programming MaxMSP, Reaktor, Pure Data, Jeskola BUZZ, and other modular programs. Any questions relating to these programs (patching, favorite ensembles) should be posted in this forum.

Old 16-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
aerodynamiks
Granular Poster
aerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MC
the great white north
MC Status: 10122944
M4L crashing

hiya everyone,

i have an M4L patch that, when i open it from ableton into the max editor (presentation mode), is perfectly fine. however, when I click the button to enter 'patching mode', this particular patch crashes. no other patches crash, just this one, so it's not a max or ableton issue, it's specific to my one patch that seems wonky.

i can't recall anything that could have caused this, because 2 minutes prior to the first crash, i was in the patch, and simply copied a small bit of patch from another patch into my crashing one, didn't even tie-in any patch cables to the new copied bit, and when I went to re-open it was when i discovered the first crash.

any help or tips or secrets to get into a patch that crashes when going into patching mode would be greatly appreciated.

i have completed the recent ableton and max updates as of a couple days ago, so that should not be the issue. it's wierd that only one patch is effected. even weirder that the patch loads fine into pres mode, but crashes going into patch mode.

thanks in advance for any advice.

/frustration.

Advertisements

aerodynamiks is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2012, 03:00 PM   #2
aerodynamiks
Granular Poster
aerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MCaerodynamiks is a savage MC
the great white north
Re: M4L crashing

cycling74 says that i've likely fubar'd the patch beyond repair.

guess i'm starting over

grrr....

(mods, feel free to delete my thread)
Old 17-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #3
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5743193

You can actually delete this yourself by editing the initial post.

Sucks when your stuff goes meh =/

------------------
Say
bbb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #4
aerodynamiks
Granular Poster
the great white north

I solved my problem! (with some help from a kind fella over at the cycling74 forums)

Solution to the problem of Max crashing when going from presentation to patcher mode:
It's crashing because of a memory overload due to a giant patch. To remedy, while in presentation mode, zoom out extremely far on your presentation ( you may have to create a ghost object and scroll it down really far). After zooming out, now you can press the patch mode switch. It should open the patcher mode fine. Now zoom back in and and rejoice with the amount of work you no longer have to do-over!
Old 25-05-2012, 11:11 PM   #5
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5743193

Nice, I need to get M4L. I wouldn't even know where to begin using it though.

Glad you got your problem fixed. This seems like something I'll have to keep in mind if I get it.

Advertisements

------------------
Say
bbb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote