New Soundcloud Group
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 10-04-2016, 06:47 PM   #1
justin ely
Analog Lurker
justin ely is just really nicejustin ely is just really nicejustin ely is just really nicejustin ely is just really nice
Michigan
MC Status: 360
New Soundcloud Group

Just wanted to throw this out there. I created a new soundcloud group focused on getting amateur artists together to post tracks and give/receive feedback! Most of the groups like this are waaaaay too fuckin big and if you post your shit, it's already at the bottom of the page within minutes. So I'm just hoping it gets a small following of like-minded people that genuinely want to help eachother out!

The link is here if anyone is interested, if not, no biggie!

https://soundcloud.com/groups/amateu...ucers-feedback

Advertisements

------------------
justin ely is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 07:18 AM   #2
ms_
Biscuits
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 115610
Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,351 Posts
Re: New Soundcloud Group

Unless group is highly moderated, it's going to be ruined because every kind of producer can join and submit their masterworks just for attention purposes ignoring what's group about. I suggest coming up with strict rules and make it closed and submissions should be approved by moderator himself; maybe it should be more genre-specific, tracks with correct tags, only demos and WIPs are allowed, etc. Anyone who doesn't meet the requirements should be ignored and it will save you from such self-promoters who view groups as a place to get some likes and listens, then they just disappear. Maybe after a while you will get a decent amount of members with same goals so you all could keep this idea going. Good luck.

------------------
ms_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2016, 02:05 PM   #3
jVs
IDMf Supporter
jVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MC
Scruffy City
MC Status: 105317639

MS_ is correct when he mentioned genre specific. I know, I know, genres are pigeonholes but as far as groups are concerned, They are very necessary. Now the idea of the group itself is novel, It will end up just like every other group filled with 1,000,000 noizes from 1,000,000 producers unless some guidelines are set. One of the most important guidelines would be to limit one share per user per day/week. Just be smart about it and you can make it work for you.

------------------
:notafinga: Make synths 1984 again.
jVs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2016, 10:30 PM   #4
justin ely
Analog Lurker
justin ely is just really nicejustin ely is just really nicejustin ely is just really nicejustin ely is just really nice
Michigan
MC Status: 360

hey thanks for the suggestions guys! I appreciate it. So far everyone who's joined has contributed and been really friendly but I can definitely see that changing as more and more people join! I'll look into changing some things like what genres are allowed and try moderating it!

Thanks again guys!

------------------
justin ely is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2016, 01:22 AM   #5
jVs
IDMf Supporter
jVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MC
Scruffy City
MC Status: 105317639

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin ely View Post
hey thanks for the suggestions guys! I appreciate it. So far everyone who's joined has contributed and been really friendly but I can definitely see that changing as more and more people join! I'll look into changing some things like what genres are allowed and try moderating it!

Thanks again guys!
I hope that it works out for you as well as all the artists being promoted. Given the right amount of tlc your group and artist will grow into something that opens up an avenue networking and label release opportunities.

------------------
:notafinga: Make synths 1984 again.
jVs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2016, 07:44 AM   #6
djoxygen
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
djoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MC
Fuck you nosy cunt... lol USA
MC Status: 9390479

keep the group moderated permanently

Advertisements

------------------
>>>DJ OXYGEN<<<
>>>JOIN OR DIE<<<

"and the decades of what appears to have been unnecessary fearmongering"
djoxygen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote