Blow your own trumpet! (or synth) - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 22-03-2014, 11:43 PM   #21
Benwaa
Re: Blow your own trumpet! (or synth)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post

All this brings up a question, there's probably been a thread about it before somewhere but whatever, how much time do you guys spend listening to your own tracks? Is it something you often do or not really that much at all?

honestly for me hardly ever that much. making music for me is about getting something out of me, and this is the way i know to to that. so whilst i like my own music, love some of it. once it's out, it's out and done with. i spend so much time critically listening to it when it's being made, it's not really music like other music is to me. it's far too personal. if that makes any sense. and not personal as in THAT'S MINE! THAT'S MY FEELING MAN! and so on. personal as in it's come from me. most of the trac i've released i can't play in my dj sets for instance, not because of style or anything, just they don't seem to sound right to me in that context. some do, but mostly don't.

Advertisements

Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2014, 11:47 PM   #22
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 36100
Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,711 Posts

In all seriousness though, this is beyond my favorite track I've ever written: http://d.facdn.net/art/proton42/musi...ity_friend.mp3

Warning: No Drop.

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2014, 11:47 PM   #23
Benwaa

403 forbidden!
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Benwaa
PROton42 (23-03-2014)
Old 22-03-2014, 11:48 PM   #24
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC

brutal! I'll upload it to dropbox.

FA apparently Hates hotlinking

------------------
Old 22-03-2014, 11:50 PM   #25
5th Spear
Knob Twiddler
5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute
Cardiff
MC Status: 2410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boretron42 View Post
Warning: No Drop.
Did you not know that EVERY TRACK MUST HAVE A DROP

Jokes
5th Spear is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to 5th Spear
PROton42 (22-03-2014)
Old 22-03-2014, 11:53 PM   #26
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42387449
Thanked 5,069 Times in 3,305 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benwaa View Post
It's blow your own trumpet friday evening! what's the track you've made/remixed/ that gets you wet? post em below please!

I just get wet every time i hear this remix i did of wiretap's flagellation of christ on 1 5 9 13 Music to be honest its a total new track compared to the original with a just a few elements of it in there. it's from 4mins that hooks me hard

Not been on forums much since earlier yesterday but you know, I'd been thinking about a thread like this for some time.

Nice one

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2014, 11:53 PM   #27
PROton42
IDMf Artist

Ok for real this is it: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ity_friend.mp3
@Solarite , people like you keep me at it, and thank you <3

Last edited by PROton42; 23-03-2014 at 12:11 AM..

------------------
Old 23-03-2014, 12:08 AM   #28
Solarite
-
Solarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MC
Mid
MC Status: 63769894

^ I usually look up unusual words and pretend to have always known the meaning, but I didn't look up serendipity, because I already knew it.

Boretron, seriously, I felt the hell out of that piece of music. It reminded me of me. I don't know why I would want to be reminded of me, but I was and I liked it.

------------------
Solarite is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Solarite
PROton42 (23-03-2014)
Old 23-03-2014, 02:27 AM   #29
Djcheesehead
Deep Underground
Djcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond repute
New York City
MC Status: 9310

I ejaculate to this track all the time:
Edit: I lied this is my best track

Last edited by Djcheesehead; 23-03-2014 at 03:14 AM..
Djcheesehead is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2014, 03:05 AM   #30
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963583
Thanked 4,083 Times in 2,708 Posts

Grrr, listened to everyone and typed out a response but then somehow repasted something over it. So good work everyone.

@Solarite, first time I listened to your music, very nice. I am impressed. Really love how you combined two different styles, like others I was surprised when the guitar came in, you made it all work in a fantastic way.

Quote:
Really like this, I need to check out more of your music- clicks with me.

Last edited by Muse-ic; 23-03-2014 at 03:12 AM..
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Muse-ic
Solarite (23-03-2014)
Old 23-03-2014, 03:09 AM   #31
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963583
Thanked 4,083 Times in 2,708 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benwaa View Post
honestly for me hardly ever that much. making music for me is about getting something out of me, and this is the way i know to to that. so whilst i like my own music, love some of it. once it's out, it's out and done with. i spend so much time critically listening to it when it's being made, it's not really music like other music is to me. it's far too personal. if that makes any sense. and not personal as in THAT'S MINE! THAT'S MY FEELING MAN! and so on. personal as in it's come from me. most of the trac i've released i can't play in my dj sets for instance, not because of style or anything, just they don't seem to sound right to me in that context. some do, but mostly don't.
Really enjoyed this description. When I make something, it really comes from inside- it becomes personal and does take something out of me. When I listen to other music it gives back...whereas listening to mine brings back all those things strongly, it's a different process.
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2014, 03:29 AM   #32
Solarite
-
Solarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MC
Mid
MC Status: 63769894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djcheesehead View Post
I ejaculate to this track all the time:
Edit: I lied this is my best track
Djcheesehead-Of another kind [DL in Description] - YouTube
I love the 6/4 beat in this. It works real nice and gives it its unique feel. Maybe a couple of the edges could be smoothed here and there with transitions and stuff, but most importantly the music is sweet.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse-ic View Post
@Solarite, first time I listened to your music, very nice. I am impressed. Really love how you combined two different styles, like others I was surprised when the guitar came in, you made it all work in a fantastic way.
Thank you.

I haven't heard any of your tunes, Muse-ic. Do you have any to share?

------------------
Solarite is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2014, 06:46 AM   #33
Rixtr
IDMf Supporter
Rixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MC
golly gee wiz
MC Status: 329124900
Thanked 1,688 Times in 1,163 Posts

its a tossup.

enjoy!
Rixtr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Rixtr
lolirl (23-03-2014)
Old 23-03-2014, 05:17 PM   #34
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8537780
Thanked 6,937 Times in 4,936 Posts

@borotron: Loving that super crunchy, low passed/degraded break in the background. Love how the melody evolves and all the instruments blend together. Feels really natural. Your melodies have a quality about that. Whatever this thing is you do well I don't get tired of it. Heard it in most of your FAWM tracks.

@Djcheesehead Yea man. Piano work is real nice on this. Digging that tastefully long intro. I always do long intros and they don't work lol. I love that this is dance-y, but the non kick driven parts really stand up on their own. So many dance tracks are like "OK, part with no drums, don't care, boring". It really keeps my attention.
@Rixtr: The first one reminds me of the theme of some television show or movie I used to watch all the time when I was a kid. Can't for the life of me put my finger on it. It those big impact mids and some of the phrases from that phased higher pitch lead. Digging it! I don't think I ever heard a tune of yours before : ) Good to see that badass studio of yours is being put to good use.

The second one would be fun to play in a 4am chillout set. It kinda has a weird/creepy moments to freak the spent ravers out lol.

@candle: The choirs/vocals are quite lovely : ) Love how this is all one texture kinda, with all that lush reverb going on. And fuck yes, that breakdown. Feels unexpected, but not jarring. I can never pull that off. Very nice work on this. I can never get really "noisy" mixes to work like.

Last edited by relic; 23-03-2014 at 05:56 PM..

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
Rixtr (26-03-2014)
Old 23-03-2014, 05:30 PM   #35
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39281249
Thanked 1,174 Times in 754 Posts

I'm pretty proud of the piano melody I did here:

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to candlesayshi
Muse-ic (23-03-2014)
Old 23-03-2014, 05:59 PM   #36
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post

So this is just the latest thing I am pretty fond of, I feel like I have made one of those "jumps" in ability lately where things just make more sense and are falling together, but there is logic and intention behind it all. I have also been fucking around with ghetto bedroom master bus "polishing"...so if it sounds like a turd on your end, that is likely why.
Perhaps my favorite of all the recent wips you've shown me. Those, what are they, vocal type sounds are my favorite thing about this. Enjoyed hearing the faster paced percussion too. I also really enjoyed when everything drops out and you have that lazy synth bow thing going on. Great stuff here.

Turn those crashes up mang!

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to RFJ
relic (23-03-2014)
Old 24-03-2014, 05:51 PM   #37
Suiyoubi
Savage Mad Cunt
Suiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MC
MC Status: 24584798
Thanked 1,560 Times in 950 Posts

This is probably the song I am the most happy with although It is a bit monotone, overworked and the mix could be better. The plan was to make an ep with the same theme and do some more work on it before the release but then I lost all my samples and ambition before I could finish.
Suiyoubi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Suiyoubi
Muse-ic (24-03-2014)
Old 25-03-2014, 08:30 AM   #38
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42387449
Thanked 5,069 Times in 3,305 Posts

Can't decide, but probably

or

Been a while since I wrote any chillout, I suspect I'll start work on some more next year.

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2014, 04:33 PM   #39
5th Spear
Knob Twiddler
5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute
Cardiff
MC Status: 2410

@Stercogburn Dude I love that first one... Ambient guitar stuff like this always gets me.
5th Spear is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to 5th Spear
Roo Stercogburn (25-03-2014)
Old 25-03-2014, 04:37 PM   #40
MOSN
Microknight
MOSN has a brilliant futureMOSN has a brilliant futureMOSN has a brilliant futureMOSN has a brilliant futureMOSN has a brilliant futureMOSN has a brilliant futureMOSN has a brilliant futureMOSN has a brilliant futureMOSN has a brilliant futureMOSN has a brilliant futureMOSN has a brilliant future
Milton Keynes
MC Status: 1810

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Spear View Post
Btw I did miss the point of this thread... this isn't my 'BEST' track by a mile... It was simply a remix that I'd recently done that made me happy considering what I'd been sent.
Its nice though, I like the beats and the chillness of it.

Advertisements

------------------
MOSN is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote