Any Daniel Lanois fans?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 07-05-2016, 09:19 AM   #1
envelope3
IDMf Supporter
envelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond repute
ottawa
MC Status: 9410
Any Daniel Lanois fans?

He recently did an album called Flesh and Machine which is very electronic. Him messing with tracks through a Korg SDD-3000 delay. It's killer!

His production is the pinnacle for me regardless of what he's doing.

Advertisements

envelope3 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 03:21 PM   #2
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1535477
Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,242 Posts
Re: Any Daniel Lanois fans?

Fan here.

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 03:35 PM   #3
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts

He produced a real solid Willie Nelson record called Teatro. I've heard some of his solo work and yeah it's pretty solid but I mainly know him from the Willie project. And the Josuah Tree of course.

Anyway, here's this pretty sure he played guitar in this one too, maybe not the lead but he's on there in some form -

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 09:27 PM   #4
Into the Void
Learning The Ropes
Into the Void is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

His work on Eno's Apollo: Atmospheres and Soundtracks is top notch. One of the great ambient albums of all time. Seamlessly incorporating pedal steel into ambient music is quite an achievement.

Also really like his work with Bob Dylan, particularly Time Out of Mind.
Into the Void is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 09:51 PM   #5
Str8Jaketed
Str8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MC
GET OFF MY LAWN!
MC Status: 33060

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
He produced a real solid Willie Nelson record called Teatro. I've heard some of his solo work and yeah it's pretty solid but I mainly know him from the Willie project. And the Josuah Tree of course.

Anyway, here's this pretty sure he played guitar in this one too, maybe not the lead but he's on there in some form -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9al98-6GSvs
Man oh man Teatro was a Mark Howard masterpiece...Lanois definitely added a deep atmosphere to the album and brought some great production along with him..Emmylou Harris doing a lot of the BVs... such a well produced album all around by all. goping ot have to fire that one up tonight...

------------------
“A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”Frank Zappa

“Hell is full of musical amateurs.” -George Bernard Shaw
Str8Jaketed is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 07:15 PM   #6
envelope3
IDMf Supporter
envelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond repute
ottawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Into the Void View Post
His work on Eno's Apollo: Atmospheres and Soundtracks is top notch. One of the great ambient albums of all time. Seamlessly incorporating pedal steel into ambient music is quite an achievement.

Also really like his work with Bob Dylan, particularly Time Out of Mind.
His album Belladonna also features the pedal steel prominently. Really gorgeous atmospheric stuff.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
Old 27-05-2016, 04:42 AM   #7
envelope3
IDMf Supporter
ottawa

This video is absolutely killer. Daniel introducing the song to Brian Blade. Asking him to play over the drum tracks from the maker. A little glimpse into what it is to be a world class producer. Great tune as well.

http://youtu.be/avf6HZLdhVw

Last edited by envelope3; 08-06-2016 at 01:07 AM..
Thanks to envelope3
RFJ (27-05-2016)
Old 27-05-2016, 07:04 AM   #8
envelope3
IDMf Supporter
ottawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post

He definitely plays guitar on that one. LOVE Teatro. The only reason I bought it is because of Lanois but I love the record. I love what he gets out of the artists he produces. I really think that is what makes him so great.

Advertisements