Icon Collective
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 13-01-2016, 01:10 PM   #1
samk44
Radial Developer
samk44 is a splendid one to beholdsamk44 is a splendid one to beholdsamk44 is a splendid one to beholdsamk44 is a splendid one to beholdsamk44 is a splendid one to beholdsamk44 is a splendid one to beholdsamk44 is a splendid one to behold
New York
MC Status: 860
Icon Collective (production school)

Seems like a great school, has anyone attended the 1 year program there? What were your experiences with the program? Did you benefit from it?

Also, is the tuition of 25k worth it?

If you have been to other music schools and you want to tell about it, you are welcome to do so. Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers

Last edited by samk44; 13-01-2016 at 02:45 PM..

Advertisements

samk44 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2016, 02:10 PM   #2
Benwaa
Re: Icon Collective

It looks rather expensive to me to be honest. Point blank are better known and respected and award winning too. Not to mention a similar course is most definitely cheaper and includes hardware or discounted hardware and software depending on which you go for.
I'd look into them tbh
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Benwaa
samk44 (14-01-2016)
Old 14-01-2016, 03:32 PM   #3
samk44
Radial Developer
samk44 is a splendid one to beholdsamk44 is a splendid one to beholdsamk44 is a splendid one to beholdsamk44 is a splendid one to beholdsamk44 is a splendid one to beholdsamk44 is a splendid one to beholdsamk44 is a splendid one to behold
New York
MC Status: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benwaa View Post
It looks rather expensive to me to be honest. Point blank are better known and respected and award winning too. Not to mention a similar course is most definitely cheaper and includes hardware or discounted hardware and software depending on which you go for.
I'd look into them tbh
I had heard about them before and I checked it out. The only problem for me was that the classes were twice a week, even though the classes were 5 hours of duration those days. I wouldn't want that much free time on my hands. Also that the course length is only 6 months.

Icon Collective caught my interest specifically because they seem to focus on creating an artist, rather than an audio engineer. They focus on creativity, yet it seems that the course includes quite a enough of the technical in music production. It justs seems to fit my needs better, thats why I am asking about them.

But suggestions are good too, never hurts to check out a recommendation about other schools.
samk44 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2016, 04:17 PM   #4
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 19660

just go to collage or just check out youtube.
or even splice there free and big producers post project files on there all the time so youll be able to learn from them
https://splice.com/

Advertisements

joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote