Reason 7 : You Ready?!
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 05-04-2013, 08:01 AM   #1
VTechno
Granular Poster
VTechno will become famous soon enoughVTechno will become famous soon enough
The mountains
MC Status: 110
Reason 7 : You Ready?!

Hey guys! As some of you may know, Reason has already announced the release of Reason 7. One of the biggest most anticipated feature coming though is the enabling of VST plugins with your Reason rack. Giving you such an infinite ability to functionally wire your sounds in an ungodly number of ways possible. I know theyb been running the BETA testing for quite some time now for past buyers. I was wondering if any of you out there had been tinkering around with REASON 7 BETA? What are you guys most excited for? You think theres going to be a strong shift at all from the Protools/logic users? Im such a die hard Reason fan; I seriously cannot wait till its final release.

Advertisements

------------------
producer, technology freak, electronics gear head https://twitter.com/VTechn0
VTechno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to VTechno
Nystagmus (04-10-2013)
Old 05-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #2
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 110500
Thanked 2,184 Times in 1,417 Posts
Re: Reason 7 : VST Enabled : You Ready?!

Where did you hear that Reason 7 would support VSTs? I don't think that it does.
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:09 AM   #3
mimicry
Deep Underground
mimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MC
MC Status: 6715879

No VSTs inside Reason. Reason 7 has MIDI out so I assume you can use the reason sequencer to control VST instruments through rewire. Since 6.5, there is a proprietary plugin format called Rack Extensions that allows third party developers to create new rack devices for Reason.

Even if you had VSTs in Reason, there would be no strong shift from users of other software. Reason is awesome for some things and pathetic for others. In the terms of conventional DAWs and their features, it's years behind.

------------------

Mimicry - Felt Like Walking:
mimicry is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:10 AM   #4
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39281549
Thanked 1,180 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTechno View Post
One of the biggest most anticipated feature coming though is the enabling of VST plugins with your Reason rack.

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:48 PM   #5
VTechno
Granular Poster
VTechno will become famous soon enoughVTechno will become famous soon enough
The mountains
MC Status: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimicry View Post
No VSTs inside Reason. Reason 7 has MIDI out so I assume you can use the reason sequencer to control VST instruments through rewire. Since 6.5, there is a proprietary plugin format called Rack Extensions that allows third party developers to create new rack devices for Reason.

Even if you had VSTs in Reason, there would be no strong shift from users of other software. Reason is awesome for some things and pathetic for others. In the terms of conventional DAWs and their features, it's years behind.
I must have been misinformed than. I guess its the midi-out within extensions I was thinking about. -_-
#EpicFail

------------------
producer, technology freak, electronics gear head https://twitter.com/VTechn0
VTechno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:22 PM   #6
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast

That being said - some of us still want it.
Thanks to Oatbag
FunkMasterBrown (11-04-2013)
Old 10-04-2013, 02:09 AM   #7
Zenchamusic
Granular Poster
Zenchamusic has much to be proud ofZenchamusic has much to be proud ofZenchamusic has much to be proud ofZenchamusic has much to be proud ofZenchamusic has much to be proud ofZenchamusic has much to be proud ofZenchamusic has much to be proud ofZenchamusic has much to be proud ofZenchamusic has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1110

Troll face indeed.
Zenchamusic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:16 AM   #8
Parricide
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18030069

youve been able to use VSTs in reason for years already. its called rewire

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:31 AM   #9
Omicron Music
Granular Poster
Omicron Music will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

Nope, no vsts in R7, just Midi Out, sorry Arent there midi hardware devices that run vsts, and would that be a good get around system?
Omicron Music is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 04:49 AM   #10
Snuggle4Power
Minor Glitch
Snuggle4Power is currently spamming hard
New York
MC Status: 10

Reason has more of a creator function, then I take it into protools and mix/master there.
Snuggle4Power is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 03:30 PM   #11
AudioJunky
Knob Twiddler
AudioJunky is a splendid one to beholdAudioJunky is a splendid one to beholdAudioJunky is a splendid one to beholdAudioJunky is a splendid one to beholdAudioJunky is a splendid one to beholdAudioJunky is a splendid one to beholdAudioJunky is a splendid one to behold
Johannesburg
MC Status: 781

Audio Quantize & Time Stretch are the best features for Reason 7 at the moment but no VST my friend!!

------------------
AudioJunky is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:43 PM   #12
strangerflesh
Sample Destroyer
strangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the rough
Winnipeg
MC Status: 310

Well i am unable to post links yet because I have not enough posts, but look up Reason 7-External Midi/Kontakt on youtube

Doesn't this solve the no VST problem? I am new to using VST's outside of reason, So I don't know for sure. Anyone know the gospel truth?
strangerflesh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:48 PM   #13
Str8Jaketed
Str8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MC
GET OFF MY LAWN!
MC Status: 33010

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangerflesh View Post
Well i am unable to post links yet because I have not enough posts, but look up Reason 7-External Midi/Kontakt on youtube

Doesn't this solve the no VST problem? I am new to using VST's outside of reason, So I don't know for sure. Anyone know the gospel truth?

No current VST support..but they do have what are called Rack Extensions and they are made by the VST manufacturers and other 3rd parties to use in Reason...

You can do a few work arounds and alos just use Rewire as I have for years..works great..

------------------
“A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”Frank Zappa

“Hell is full of musical amateurs.” -George Bernard Shaw
Str8Jaketed is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #14
TL072
Master of the LFO
TL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 6660

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatbag View Post
That being said - some of us still want it.
No kidding, I thought it could have benefited from it in with v2, around the same time that I came to understand what vsts were.

That said, what propellarheads has always done well is have memory efficient software that is versatile. Adding vsts would have almost definitely upset this.
TL072 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:23 PM   #15
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Best Coast

That post was from quite awhile ago - some of us may have since ordered it.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:43 PM   #16
Str8Jaketed
Str8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MC
GET OFF MY LAWN!

Quote:
That post was from quite awhile ago - some of us may have since ordered it.

was new to me..

I didn't dig it up..I swear!!

------------------
“A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”Frank Zappa

Old 03-10-2013, 09:49 PM   #17
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Best Coast

Damnit Str8............. I know man, I know. I really just ordered it the other day and was trying to drop that so people would be like wheeeoeoooww for me and stuff.
Thanks to Oatbag
Str8Jaketed (03-10-2013)
Old 03-10-2013, 11:34 PM   #18
Str8Jaketed
GET OFF MY LAWN!

Quote:
Damnit Str8............. I know man, I know. I really just ordered it the other day and was trying to drop that so people would be like wheeeoeoooww for me and stuff.

IF you are coming from Reason 5 you will love it..from 6 it will just solidify your affection for it..and those Rack extensions just keep getting better and better

------------------

Old 03-10-2013, 11:44 PM   #19
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963183
Thanked 4,075 Times in 2,700 Posts

Yes, night and day difference between Reason 5 and 7.
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:47 AM   #20
Parricide
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18030069

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8Jaketed View Post
IF you are coming from Reason 5 you will love it..from 6 it will just solidify your affection for it..and those Rack extensions just keep getting better and better
im still on reason 4

Advertisements

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote