Got an electric guitar, need help - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 02-10-2017, 06:10 PM   #21
sefrcoko
IDMf's latest spammer
sefrcoko will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60
Re: Got an electric guitar, need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileOak View Post
I had a very frustrating weekend trying to get things to work, and failed.

I got the Interface and cable on Friday, and connected the Interface via USB to my computer, and then plugged the cable into the guitar and the interface's line 1 input. Tried a bunch of settings in my DAW, couldn't seem to get it to work at all.

Finally figured out that I needed a driver for the Audio Interface.

I went to the official site, which pointed me to the ASIO4All driver. I installed that, and then fiddled with settings some more in my DAW, which could now see "ASIO4All USB device."

Still nothing worked.

I finally found on the official site's forums a thread talking about how the ASIO4All driver didn't work on Windows 10 with their Audio Interface, and found a link to another driver that people were saying did the right thing.

Installed that driver, uninstalled the ASIO4All driver. Now my DAW can see the Audio Interface down to the model number. Should be good, right? Nope. Plucking on the guitar after arming an audio track still generated no sound. Turned on the in DAW monitor, was still getting nothing. Went to plug some headphones into the Audio Interface built-in monitor and realized it only accepts the larger form factor (I don't know the official terms for this) not my smaller headphone plug in. Couldn't monitor out of the Audio Interface to see if it's getting sound or not.

Am I missing something obvious here? I have never played an electric guitar before, I've never hooked one up to an Audio Interface, nor have I ever owned an Audio Interface before. I ended up getting too frustrated and quitting and didn't circle back to it yet.
Sounds like you're almost there. What DAW? Might need to set your input source on a specific track to be your interface's line input.

Last edited by sefrcoko; 09-10-2017 at 06:48 PM..

Advertisements

sefrcoko is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 11:44 PM   #22
MobileOak
Microknight
MobileOak has much to be proud ofMobileOak has much to be proud ofMobileOak has much to be proud ofMobileOak has much to be proud ofMobileOak has much to be proud ofMobileOak has much to be proud ofMobileOak has much to be proud ofMobileOak has much to be proud ofMobileOak has much to be proud of
Seattle
MC Status: 1260

Finally figured it out after talking to the guy at Sweetwater - I needed to plug the guitar cord into the Instrument 2 plug-in instead of the the Mic/Line1. Once I got that going and turned up the output/gain enough it was working just fine.

Thanks to everyone for the help!
MobileOak is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 11:58 PM   #23
Vault O)))
Cumplete Retard
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 37710

1 should also work fine, if you ever want to use it. Check your DAW settings for 'input' options if that ever becomes an issue.

Glad it works.

Advertisements

------------------
Totally not clickbait this time, I swear
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote