Help with this key?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Theory & Composition Questions & comments about composition, arrangement, and music theory. Music rules and how to follow or break them.

Old 10-03-2014, 04:55 AM   #1
GuyWithSausageF
Digital Surfer
GuyWithSausageF is just really niceGuyWithSausageF is just really niceGuyWithSausageF is just really niceGuyWithSausageF is just really nice
MC Status: 360
Help with this key?

Okay, I didn't know where to go with this. I have been in contact with the band, since I am doing a bootleg styled remix. I asked if they were interested after we had been talking on Reddit and one of em said yeah and got official permission from the rest of the band.

However, I wanted to make sure I got the key right and asked them what the key is, but I haven't heard back. I've been looking for software to determine a song's key, but haven't had much luck.

So, does anyone know what key this song is in so that the stuff I write doesn't wind up being out of key?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here's the song:

It's by a band called "The Dark Matters" and they are a part of the Tiny Giant Collective.

If anyone is interested, it is going to be a classical/breakcore/metal remix, which is why it's important that the key is correct. I am terrible with telling the key of a song by ear, cuz I'm a shitty shitty person haha

I am collaborating with another vocalist who will provide growled vox in tandem with the vox already present.

Thank you for your time

Advertisements

GuyWithSausageF is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 06:10 AM   #2
klavierr
Minor Glitch
klavierr is a jewel in the roughklavierr is a jewel in the roughklavierr is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260
Re: Help with this key?

This is in A-minor
klavierr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 06:46 AM   #3
GuyWithSausageF
Digital Surfer
GuyWithSausageF is just really niceGuyWithSausageF is just really niceGuyWithSausageF is just really niceGuyWithSausageF is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by klavierr View Post
This is in A-minor
Thank you! I'm pretty sure I haven't done much in A-minor...which is good. It's nice to try and get a feel for another key

Cheers
Old 10-03-2014, 11:07 AM   #4
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 59410
Thanked 1,188 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyWithSausageF View Post
Thank you! I'm pretty sure I haven't done much in A-minor...which is good. It's nice to try and get a feel for another key

Cheers
Same notes a C major One of the most used key as it's only white keys on a piano/keyboard.

Found this website in another thread here a couple of weeks ago... should give you the chords:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:50 PM   #5
GuyWithSausageF
Digital Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by professurreal View Post
Same notes a C major One of the most used key as it's only white keys on a piano/keyboard.

Found this website in another thread here a couple of weeks ago... should give you the chords:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
That is really cool! Bookmarking this; it'll come in handy

Advertisements