any1 willing to give some ideas for vocal samples
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Theory & Composition Questions & comments about composition, arrangement, and music theory. Music rules and how to follow or break them.

Old 22-02-2014, 12:35 PM   #1
zaroukos
Knob Twiddler
zaroukos is a splendid one to beholdzaroukos is a splendid one to beholdzaroukos is a splendid one to beholdzaroukos is a splendid one to beholdzaroukos is a splendid one to beholdzaroukos is a splendid one to beholdzaroukos is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 860
any1 willing to give some ideas for vocal samples

so the past few months i've started taking Kizomba lessons (its a kind of dance)
and i've made some tracks i'd like to add vocals in them. This kind of dance is sensual and slow (85-95bpm) with many lady body movements. I'd like some ideas from vocal samples from some movie or wherever... If anything comes to mind. Yes you obviously have nothing to gain if you tell me, but i can't really search myself because i dont watch movies or shows or anything whatsoever and i dont know what-where to sample from
so...
Big pleeeeeeeease?

Below is a video of kizomba dance its music style is zouk (more "sweety", but the type of music style i want to make its called "zouk bass/tarraxinha" and its darker - therefore more sensual
watch after 0:30

Last edited by zaroukos; 22-02-2014 at 12:47 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
zaroukos is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 04:03 PM   #2
Vlantis
IDMf Artist
Vlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MC
In the corn.
MC Status: 421871379
Thanked 4,868 Times in 2,815 Posts
Re: any1 willing to give some ideas for vocal samples

Dat ass.

------------------
Pay-what-you-want albums at bandcamp.
Soundcloud
Facebook
Vlantis is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Vlantis
Numerical (27-02-2014)
Old 22-02-2014, 07:24 PM   #3
zaroukos
Knob Twiddler
zaroukos is a splendid one to beholdzaroukos is a splendid one to beholdzaroukos is a splendid one to beholdzaroukos is a splendid one to beholdzaroukos is a splendid one to beholdzaroukos is a splendid one to beholdzaroukos is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 860

youjizz sampling

------------------
zaroukos is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 07:30 PM   #4
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8538730
Thanked 6,956 Times in 4,948 Posts

old soul and jazz vocals?

Way back in the day there was this vinyl going around called "Secret A Capellas" that had a bunch of clean House type vocals on it. You could look into finding a rip of that.

Try acapellas4u

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 07:41 PM   #5
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
MC Status: 65410
Thanked 1,308 Times in 987 Posts

I don't know much about zouk, but I accidentally downloaded the hit tune Zoukatronic, and it was one of best tunes I'd heard in a long time.

------------------
Mutually-Assured Survival is preferred.

Be a false negative of yourself !
Nystagmus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 07:43 PM   #6
stem collector
IDMf Artist
stem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MC
seattle
MC Status: 74605010
Thanked 1,242 Times in 856 Posts

just go on youtube and search rnb acapella or rnb cover acapella you'll find hundreds of videos of users on their webcam singing. i use this method quite a bit.

burial taught me

------------------
stem collector is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2014, 10:08 PM   #7
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45943031
Thanked 5,697 Times in 3,588 Posts

ccmixter.org has a ton of R&B acapellas and you can sort them by tempo.

Advertisements

------------------
brumski
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote