Tips to get /followers/plays/comments on Soundcloud - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 16-08-2010, 06:24 AM   #21
CornellReali
Regular Freak
CornellReali has a reputation beyond reputeCornellReali has a reputation beyond reputeCornellReali has a reputation beyond reputeCornellReali has a reputation beyond reputeCornellReali has a reputation beyond reputeCornellReali has a reputation beyond reputeCornellReali has a reputation beyond reputeCornellReali has a reputation beyond reputeCornellReali has a reputation beyond reputeCornellReali has a reputation beyond reputeCornellReali has a reputation beyond repute
NC
MC Status: 4353
Re: Tips to get /followers/plays/comments on Soundcloud

also, have you put your tracks in groups. This is how I got most of my listens. MAybe try upgrading to a fancier account so you can put your tracks in more groups.

Advertisements

CornellReali is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2010, 11:45 AM   #22
aikighost
Lemon Eater
aikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MC
Reading
MC Status: 12852260

Hey Hefty Ive stuck your Death Techno Mix up on my blog now.

If anyone else has any quality techno or minimal mixes they would like to get some promotion for email me via the website.

Check out the sites Techno Mixes & other DJ Mixes to see what kind of stuff Im after.

Luck,

------------------
The ultimate Law: All general statements are false.
aikighost is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2010, 03:51 PM   #23
surface1978
Learning The Ropes
surface1978 is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Hey for promote your sound on soundcloud

there is many solution like facebook , myspace also twitter is very powerfull

if you have many follower

We offer soundcloud promotion for those interesting

http://soundcloud-promotion.com
surface1978 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2010, 07:41 PM   #24
Chris88
Learning The Ropes
Chris88 is currently spamming hard

just leave loads of comments on other peoples tracks and start folowing other people too...... send you track to groups. etc.
Chris88 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2010, 08:20 PM   #25
essenthy
essenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MC
Tokyo-3
MC Status: 19518492

didnt know about that group thing on sc , gonna try it , tho i use sc only for hosting then sharing with friends , then eventually post my track here , sometime check other idmf tracks and follow ect .. , i dont see further than that , i dont care much about follower and stuff

------------------
essenthy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:08 AM   #26
TheCoolBand
Regular Freak
TheCoolBand is currently spamming hard

is soundcloud really all that or is it just ANOTHER place that is supposed to give you exposure but doesnt.
TheCoolBand is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:04 PM   #27
surface1978
Learning The Ropes
surface1978 is currently spamming hard

you must build your exposure, use for ex max of social network to drive people to your sound

Last phil weeks
surface1978 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:31 AM   #28
HEFTY
Ghostly
HEFTY is a savage MCHEFTY is a savage MCHEFTY is a savage MCHEFTY is a savage MCHEFTY is a savage MCHEFTY is a savage MCHEFTY is a savage MCHEFTY is a savage MCHEFTY is a savage MCHEFTY is a savage MCHEFTY is a savage MC
Depths of Space
MC Status: 72430

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolBand View Post
is soundcloud really all that or is it just ANOTHER place that is supposed to give you exposure but doesnt.
idef think its "all that", for sure!! out of 25 tracks i produced, thanks to soundcloud i now have the majority of them signed
HEFTY is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2011, 12:43 AM   #29
Side B
Analog Lurker
Side B is a savage MCSide B is a savage MCSide B is a savage MCSide B is a savage MCSide B is a savage MCSide B is a savage MCSide B is a savage MCSide B is a savage MCSide B is a savage MCSide B is a savage MCSide B is a savage MC
The funny farm
MC Status: 1606535
Icon14 Re: Tips to get /followers/plays/comments on Soundcloud

I'm sorry for
bumping this long thread.

The reason though is that I think it's amazing how HEFTY creates this modest thread asking for some tips. Today, his Soundcloud is absolutely MASSIVE. I mean come on. 2500 followers? 7500 comments?
Every track of his is decorated with comments upon comments.

Whatever he did, he did it right.

------------------
Side B is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: HEFTY
Old 21-07-2011, 01:51 AM   #30
jds1
jds1 is a savage MCjds1 is a savage MCjds1 is a savage MCjds1 is a savage MCjds1 is a savage MCjds1 is a savage MCjds1 is a savage MCjds1 is a savage MCjds1 is a savage MCjds1 is a savage MCjds1 is a savage MC
Brisbane
MC Status: 2797866

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anodyne Industries View Post

Send your music to applicable blogs. A lot of blogs have soundcloud drop boxes now. That's a great way to get your tracks up in front of a wide audience.
This has not worked for me despite how many i've tried when trying to get space for my first release last month. Either no response or no follow up after positive response etc.

Even though they're basically there to advertize new music and artists, they tend to concentrate on those which already are established to get more blog followers.

If my stuff isn't right/good that's fine, but I don't find this rings true as some features are pretty awful/monotonous/copycat etc.

As far as followers/plays on SC, I'd hope it were just a case of quality.
jds1 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2011, 10:51 PM   #31
astroidmist
Banned
astroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MC
3 floors above you
MC Status: 13248268

A lot of the most popular people i see on soundcloud have shitty tracks and I'm not even kidding. And a lot of people post up illegal mixes by established commercial artists and get a lot of fans from that too. And that's not right either.

I think soundcloud is very overrated. I had much better results on SoundClick even though it kind of sucks in terms of file formats, ads, etc.

I only discovered a few good artists there and most of them don't even allow tracks to be downloaded which to me is a ripoff in this modern age.
astroidmist is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2011, 11:14 PM   #32
jds1
jds1 is a savage MCjds1 is a savage MCjds1 is a savage MCjds1 is a savage MCjds1 is a savage MCjds1 is a savage MCjds1 is a savage MCjds1 is a savage MCjds1 is a savage MCjds1 is a savage MCjds1 is a savage MC
Brisbane

Quote:
Originally Posted by astroidmist View Post
A lot of the most popular people i see on soundcloud have shitty tracks and I'm not even kidding. And a lot of people post up illegal mixes by established commercial artists and get a lot of fans from that too. And that's not right either.

I think soundcloud is very overrated. I had much better results on SoundClick even though it kind of sucks in terms of file formats, ads, etc.

I only discovered a few good artists there and most of them don't even allow tracks to be downloaded which to me is a ripoff in this modern age.

That is irritating when they don't do anything with a remix (even if it is bootleg)
but of course they're other tracks have to meet the standard of that which they're ripping
Old 21-07-2011, 11:48 PM   #33
Anodyne Industries
Anodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MC
Oakland, CA
MC Status: 53565178

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds1 View Post
This has not worked for me despite how many i've tried when trying to get space for my first release last month. Either no response or no follow up after positive response etc.

Even though they're basically there to advertize new music and artists, they tend to concentrate on those which already are established to get more blog followers.

Be sure to give the blog plenty of lead time before your launch date. Send them an email 2 months prior to the release and then follow up again reminding them about the release 3-4 weeks out. Sometimes blogs are so loaded with new material coming in they're working overtime to keep up. If you give them plenty of time to listen to your promo material and come up with a piece before your release drops it REALLY helps their workflow.

They don't want to write about an album that's been out for a month already.

Also, if you're not getting any response from the blogs either target blogs that are better suited for your style of music or just keep hammering on their door every time you have a release. Just because they didn't feature you the very first time they heard of you doesn't mean you won't get featured next time.

No one said that promotion was easy or that positive results were instantaneous.
Anodyne Industries is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2011, 12:01 AM   #34
jds1
Brisbane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anodyne Industries View Post
Be sure to give the blog plenty of lead time before your launch date. Send them an email 2 months prior to the release and then follow up again reminding them about the release 3-4 weeks out. Sometimes blogs are so loaded with new material coming in they're working overtime to keep up. If you give them plenty of time to listen to your promo material and come up with a piece before your release drops it REALLY helps their workflow.

They don't want to write about an album that's been out for a month already.

Also, if you're not getting any response from the blogs either target blogs that are better suited for your style of music or just keep hammering on their door every time you have a release. Just because they didn't feature you the very first time they heard of you doesn't mean you won't get featured next time.

No one said that promotion was easy or that positive results were instantaneous.
Yep, did all this. I don't think it really matters that it's already been released as I'm an unknown.

If i came across some track from an artist I didn't know, I wouldn't judge it in anyway based on when it was made or released etc. If it's good it's good, if it's not, move on.
Old 22-07-2011, 12:12 AM   #35
Inofaith
Sample Destroyer
Inofaith is a savage MCInofaith is a savage MCInofaith is a savage MCInofaith is a savage MCInofaith is a savage MCInofaith is a savage MCInofaith is a savage MCInofaith is a savage MCInofaith is a savage MCInofaith is a savage MCInofaith is a savage MC
MC Status: 2299606

Never ever try to sell or push something to people.
Just make sure you're available/easily accessible/out there.

I've build my soundcloud slowly, just being honest, sincere and nice to people in comments. I've never sent a message to anybody asking to listen to my music. I hate it when people just blatantly send that spam to me so I don't do it to others.
I upload my most worthwhile work to soundcloud and share it in groups, people can discover it on their own there... that's what I like about soundcloud (or at least in the early days)... that you click on some random songs in a group, and you're amazed by somebody talented and try to find out who that person is and what the rest of their music is about. THAT's exciting... not receiving a message with "hi, listen to my shit".

Recently I've passed the 2000 followers mark (in over 2 years time)

Having soundcloud as a central place, people are divided all over the web. So post your tracks all over the various sites and networks. Rember, just post it, don't send messages to people and push it under their noses.

Be friendly to people when you interact, scoundcloud, facebook and twitter allow you to come in direct contact with your heroes... and if they do answer your message, it better be something nice eh?
Don't spend time online with your fans when you're in a bad mood.

I also sometimes notice that certain artists who are bigger have a more distance on their facebook pages and soundcloud comments. The never or rarely comment back on all the comments. Which I think is sad but understandable. It kind of creates this ivory tower / company-like feeling. I find it's much more pleasand if an artist has a real human connection ability to him/her.
That they will take some time out of their busy schedule to get back to all the fans that bothered to like/fav and write sincere comments on their various websites. It's the least you can do.

However I find it harder and harder to keep track of comments and tracks sent to me recently as traffic on soundcloud has increased significantly. It's as much of a burden as it is a blessing, so be careful what you wish for.

------------------
Inofaith is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2011, 12:55 AM   #36
Anodyne Industries
Anodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MC
Oakland, CA

Quote:
Yep, did all this. I don't think it really matters that it's already been released as I'm an unknown.

If i came across some track from an artist I didn't know, I wouldn't judge it in anyway based on when it was made or released etc. If it's good it's good, if it's not, move on.

What' you fail to realize is that you're not running a blog that receives hundreds of tracks a month from artists all wanting to be featured at the same time. Sifting through the mountains of submissions and picking the releases that are going to be featured is a tough job.

Most blogs aren't really in the habit of hyping a bunch of music that's already been released. They want to be on the edge, they want to be taste makers. Which means they want to feature releases leading up to (or directly on) their release date. The first two weeks of a release being live are a critical time when it has the most sales. This is the best time to bring all of the marketing and promotion to a fever pitch. A blog feature on your release a month after it's already been live is widely considered to be a wasted effort in promotion.
Old 22-07-2011, 03:06 AM   #37
Inofaith
Sample Destroyer
Inofaith is a savage MCInofaith is a savage MCInofaith is a savage MCInofaith is a savage MCInofaith is a savage MCInofaith is a savage MCInofaith is a savage MCInofaith is a savage MCInofaith is a savage MCInofaith is a savage MCInofaith is a savage MC
MC Status: 2299606

Note that I've gotten to 2000 followers without ever sending to blogs. Just being present on my own pages to reply to passionate fans and engaging in meaningful conversations about music, life and everything else.

You don't always need external promotion... it could help (depending on the genre and fanbase as well)

------------------
Inofaith is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2011, 03:11 AM   #38
jds1
Brisbane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inofaith View Post
Note that I've gotten to 2000 followers without ever sending to blogs. Just being present on my own pages to reply to passionate fans and engaging in meaningful conversations about music, life and everything else.

You don't always need external promotion... it could help (depending on the genre and fanbase as well)
Nice!

I admire your patience.

Maybe you do have enough of a grounding now to forward some stuff onto blogs/labels now?
Old 22-07-2011, 03:19 AM   #39
Anodyne Industries
Oakland, CA

Quote:
Nice!

I admire your patience.

Maybe you do have enough of a grounding now to forward some stuff onto blogs/labels now?

At this point I'd say Inofaith has enough momentum that he doesn't need to worry about submitting anything to blogs. Any label that's lucky enough to sign him will be taking that job on.
Old 22-07-2011, 03:21 AM   #40
jds1
Brisbane

Yep

Advertisements