Looking for a place in London where I can work on my music
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 11-03-2014, 02:10 PM   #1
vidius
Learning The Ropes
vidius is currently spamming hard
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
MC Status: 10
Looking for a place in London where I can work on my music

Hi!

I hope I'm writing it in right section. I've just recently moved to London from Prague, mainly because of new inspiration for my works around laptop electronic music and photography. At this time I'm trying to find some properly (probably public) place here, where I can come, sit and do some work on my music, because it's not possible in the room where I live. Only what I need is electricity plug and free wifi and of course some table and chair. What came to my mind are coffee houses like starbucks and similar, but it is not exactly good place for work on music. If any of you who lives in London knows about some place, I would be very glad if you could give me some advice. Thanks a lot!

vidius

Advertisements

vidius is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 02:14 PM   #2
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/ŻŻŻŻŻ\/\
MC Status: 389883056
Thanked 3,291 Times in 2,080 Posts
Re: Looking for a place in London where I can work on my music

Libraries (with headphones obv)? Make a few friends with people who's houses you can go chill at? Where in London are you? I'm sure you don't want to travel for half an hour just to make music.
scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 05:54 PM   #3
vidius
Learning The Ropes

Thanks for answer. I'm not sure if I can come to the library on daily basic and working on music.. At this moment I live in Walthamstow but I go to the centre every day, so its not a problem for me.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:04 PM   #4
Automageddon
Administrator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269478808
Thanked 3,104 Times in 2,053 Posts

It's really tough when you don't have a place to go.
If you have a budget you might be able to find a shared studio space on gumtree, something like this

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 06:35 PM   #5
vidius
Learning The Ropes

Its only temporary you know? But I want to use the time. I also found place Google Campus. Its good but its difficult find a free place there. Anyway thanks for advice!
Old 11-03-2014, 08:39 PM   #6
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/ŻŻŻŻŻ\/\
MC Status: 389883056
Thanked 3,291 Times in 2,080 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidius View Post
Thanks for answer. I'm not sure if I can come to the library on daily basic and working on music.. At this moment I live in Walthamstow but I go to the centre every day, so its not a problem for me.
There's a library pretty much right behind the bus station...just walk in, pick up a few books and work on music . What are you going central for? If it's a nice day go hang out in a park. I dunno - maybe there are places for creative people to hang out and work and interact somewhere in London. Maybe ask around at a few studios (art, music, etc) if they know of anything. You might even strike it lucky and one of those studios says you're welcome to chill in their lounge or something. Small chance, but you never know.

Advertisements

scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote