Online Mastering Service
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Closed Thread
Go Back ŧ The Studio ŧ The Studio
Old 04-09-2014, 07:28 PM   #1
Schnork
Eternal Echoer
Schnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MC
MC Status: 14810
Online Mastering Service

I bought the recent issue of Groove magazin, today. Thereīs an article about an online mastering service - Landr.com
You basically upload your track(s) and an algorythm will master your music. 4 uncompressed WAVs - $9/month, unlimited - $19/month, MP3s are always free.
Groove magazine says, itīs a real alternative. Is this the alternative for the always broke producer, who isnīt able to master himself?
Has anybody tried it, yet?

Advertisements

Schnork is online now   Thanks
Old 04-09-2014, 07:32 PM   #2
Trebesch
Trebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MC
Isle of Skye
MC Status: 8598981
Re: Online Mastering Service

I'd rather pay more to have a human do it. And if I couldn't afford it I'd still trust myself to do a better job than an algorithm.
Trebesch is offline   Thanks
Old 04-09-2014, 07:37 PM   #3
Schnork
Eternal Echoer
Schnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MC
MC Status: 14810

Actually i cannot believe this myself, and for sure an algorythm can never compete with studio mastering, but i wish someone could gave me an opionion based on experiences with that service.
Some basterds broke into my flat in 2012 and stole most of my studio equiptment, so i lack of monitors right now.
Schnork is online now   Thanks
Old 04-09-2014, 09:56 PM   #4
DCA
Sample Destroyer
DCA has a reputation beyond reputeDCA has a reputation beyond reputeDCA has a reputation beyond reputeDCA has a reputation beyond reputeDCA has a reputation beyond reputeDCA has a reputation beyond reputeDCA has a reputation beyond reputeDCA has a reputation beyond reputeDCA has a reputation beyond reputeDCA has a reputation beyond reputeDCA has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2110

I wouldnt be suprised if its not half bad. im sure a ton of money and research and tech went into this thing. Obviously its not going to be perfect, but to simply get things loud and balanced, its probably not that hard to program.

But the best mastering job in the world wont make a boring or unoriginal tune good, so its not like its going to make anyone famous. Probably just a basic loudness/EQ balance for people who maybe arent into production but more recording or bands who dont have a proper studio, stuff like that

------------------
Support from iknodubstep, ThatBassNation
Squinty Bass Records
DCA is offline   Thanks
Old 04-09-2014, 09:57 PM   #5
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

There's already a thread about this. [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Its also a terrible service.
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks
Old 07-09-2014, 08:07 PM   #6
Parricide
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18024419

i tried it and i wasnt a fan. i made a point of going into it with an open mind, but the results were not to my taste, and yes, i tried all of the intensity settings too.
you also have the option with a human to communicate with the ME and tell them what you want, which you dont get with this (yet).
i suppose having a good idea of what i wanted out of it before i uploaded didnt help, but i think every producer should have an idea of what they want out of the mastering process.

i was really hoping it would sound nice, but to be honest you get what you pay for, and for the price of landr i think it does a wonderful job. fingers crossed for the future.

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks
Old 08-09-2014, 06:54 PM   #7
makro
Minor Glitch
makro will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

I just tried it. It's good enough for polishing up your demo tracks for soundcloud or bandcamp. I did get similar results with voxengo curve or izotope eq in match mode.
A convenient timesaver, but if you'd like to publish or sell your work, go to a real mastering engineer that has a lot of experience in your music genre.
makro is offline   Thanks
Old 08-09-2014, 06:58 PM   #8
Benwaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post

this.

Advertisements

Thanks
Thanks to Benwaa
relic (09-09-2014)
Closed Thread