[Progressive House] Up! 2012
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 10-12-2012, 03:31 AM   #1
zoop
Sample Destroyer
zoop is a jewel in the roughzoop is a jewel in the roughzoop is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260
[Progressive House] Up! 2012

Hey all!

Another one for you all to enjoy

Things I'd like to hear about if you choose to leave feedback:

-The Glitch transition between the break and Chorus #2 - what do you think of it? I tried for at least a couple hours toying with different build-ups in the breakdown section, but couldn't find anything I liked. Any thoughts on that will be greatly appreciated!

-I put a Peak Controller on my main kick and linked it to the Master Track in an attempt to have my kicks not get lost (In a lot of my previous tracks, people kept saying my kicks were virtually indistinguishable from the rest of the track). Is this the best way to do this? I'm still fairly new.

-In regards to the piano, I just kinda threw it out there with the default FL Keys settings. Anyone have any recommendations on how to tweak a piano to compliment a tune?

-As always, general feedback (i.e. "This is great!" or "This stinks!") are always appreciated as well

Advertisements

------------------

Bassnectar feat. W Darling -- You And Me (Trap Remix)
zoop is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Progressive House] Up! 2012.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:24 AM   #2
zoop
Sample Destroyer
zoop is a jewel in the roughzoop is a jewel in the roughzoop is a jewel in the rough
Re: [Progressive House] Up! 2012

Updated the track slightly.

------------------

Old 10-12-2012, 10:03 PM   #3
zoop
Sample Destroyer

Updated again. Anyone? Lol

------------------

Old 11-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #4
Radiophile
Analog Lurker
Radiophile will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

I wrote it in the comments, but I'll do it again, I liked the melody through this. It sounded great in my headphones, I'll try it in my room later. Liked the rest too actually
Radiophile is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #5
thin king
Soundscaper
thin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the rough
Sheffield

The track has a nice feel to it but I think the wide chords are over-powering the rest of the track (i'm listening on headphones) - and the sidechain is a bit much for me (but thats just personal taste). The lead needs to have more width and modulation and the kick definitely needs beefing up to give it more presence. hope that helps.
thin king is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #6
Southeast DJs
Minor Glitch
Southeast DJs will become famous soon enoughSoutheast DJs will become famous soon enough
East Sussex
MC Status: 110

Agree with Thin king, maybe move the threshold up a little on your sidechain compressor. As for the kick I feel its a little flabby and deffo needs tighting up, have you compressed the kick? Maybe you should try a diffrent sample so it sits better with the bass line. All in all though not bad and I like the melody. Keep at it
Steve
Southeast DJs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #7
Yksikkö
Granular Poster
Yksikkö will become famous soon enough

*Find a better kick sample, turn everything else down a bit to make it stand out more.
*"-I put a Peak Controller on my main kick and linked it to the Master Track" Don't sidechain master track but rather individual channels with just 1 instrument linked to each.
*Find a snare/clap sample to hit every second beat (of course you don't have to, but to me it just sounds the type of song that would need one).
*Replace the sine bass with maybe a saw bass and distort it some. And maybe bring it down a little.

That's my advice for now.

Oh and also you've either picked some bad samples for your drums or then they're just over EQ'ed. They all sound so thin.

Melodies are ok I think.

Last edited by Yksikkö; 11-12-2012 at 07:09 PM..
Yksikkö is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:26 AM   #8
zoop
Sample Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yksikkö View Post
*Find a better kick sample, turn everything else down a bit to make it stand out more.
*"-I put a Peak Controller on my main kick and linked it to the Master Track" Don't sidechain master track but rather individual channels with just 1 instrument linked to each.
*Find a snare/clap sample to hit every second beat (of course you don't have to, but to me it just sounds the type of song that would need one).
*Replace the sine bass with maybe a saw bass and distort it some. And maybe bring it down a little.

That's my advice for now.

Oh and also you've either picked some bad samples for your drums or then they're just over EQ'ed. They all sound so thin.

Melodies are ok I think.
I've always had trouble with kicks + good basslines. Really, the only thing I'm comfortable with is sine waves - but I'll have to step outside my comfort zone to really up my game.

And do you know of any quality drum packs? I don't. Lol.

------------------

Old 12-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #9
Yksikkö
Granular Poster
Yksikkö will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoop View Post
I've always had trouble with kicks + good basslines. Really, the only thing I'm comfortable with is sine waves - but I'll have to step outside my comfort zone to really up my game.

And do you know of any quality drum packs? I don't. Lol.
Sine waves are fine for sub bass (40-100hz).

Vengeance packs are guaranteed quality. Don't know of any free ones though.

~Yksikkö

Advertisements

Yksikkö is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote