[Downtempo] MoonRacer - Baumgartner
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 06-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #1
ThomasEdger
Granular Poster
ThomasEdger has a spectacular aura aboutThomasEdger has a spectacular aura about
Oslo
MC Status: 160
[Downtempo] MoonRacer - Baumgartner

My cousin and I set out to write a track for the Baumgartner space jump. After over a months work, it was finally ready.

I am not looking for improvements as such, but I would like to know what you liked of the elements, so that I can use the information in the further songs.

I reccomend you watch it synced with the video, and not just listen to the SoundCloud link.

Advertisements

------------------
ThomasEdger is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Downtempo] MoonRacer - Baumgartner.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
Optimal Prime
Deep Underground
Optimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond repute
Greater Manchester
MC Status: 7010
Re: [Downtempo] MoonRacer - Baumgartner

Excellent work there. I started watching the video and in the end completely forgot that it wasn't an official soundtrack to the video as I was totally absorbed by the moment. Worked really well. I like the gradual build in intensity towards the end.

------------------
Our newest UK DnB Mix Show hosted by Hush & Multi

Optimal Prime is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #3
lionaire
Minor Glitch
lionaire is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimal Prime View Post
Excellent work there. I started watching the video and in the end completely forgot that it wasn't an official soundtrack to the video as I was totally absorbed by the moment. Worked really well. I like the gradual build in intensity towards the end.
I second that. feels like the video was made for the music and not vice versa.

i liked pretty much every musical idea in the part leading up to the jump. especially the minimalistic arrangment of strings, piano and synthesized pads i really dig. after he jumps however things get a little bit bumpy imo. i would have expected a much more spectacular finale. the d&b loop and the arpeggio/bassline don't do the build up justice as they have a much more ambient feel to them. it just doesn't feel as heroic and majestic from there on.

still this is high level moaning with such an excellent track.
lionaire is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:22 PM   #4
patchbay
Minor Glitch
patchbay is currently spamming hard
Zürich

ok. nice (comercial video, athomespheric, hypnotising track. well done indeed...
patchbay is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:26 AM   #5
Syllix
Eternal Echoer
Syllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MC
MC Status: 1097447

I wasn't able to watch the youtube video because youtube doesnt work for me all the time, sadly.

But the music... I feel it's very emotional... almost sad in a way but with hope kind of... definitely could picture this being used for what you described, but also, some lonely mountains overlooking a lake... possibly a time lapse film or something... I really liked it man.

And oooohhh man when you bring in those drums... this is top... it really is.

------------------
SyllixMusic.com
Find me on Facebook | SoundCloud | YouTube | Bandcamp
Latest video game remix: Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - Aquatic Ruin Zone!
Syllix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:10 AM   #6
DjCumi
Minor Glitch
DjCumi is currently spamming hard

Wow! great job. the music and the video sync perfectly, i was completely caught in the moment .the intro sounded like ' Space:The Final Frontier ' :d All the sounds create a ' space like ' atmosphere.
Of one thing i was a bit disappointed. I expected something ' stronger ' at the moment he jumped. The intro was very good...preparing the listeners for the jump-event but the change of rhythm was not as ' drastic ' as i expected. This is my opinion.
Overall very good job !
DjCumi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:06 AM   #7
IG88
IDMf Artist
IG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MC
Seattle
MC Status: 15068435

You captured teh mood perfectly here.. beautiful

------------------
IG88 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #8
ThomasEdger
Granular Poster
ThomasEdger has a spectacular aura aboutThomasEdger has a spectacular aura about
Oslo
MC Status: 160

Thanks for all the positive feedback!

In the next songs, we will definitely try to make something with more powerful breakdowns.

------------------
ThomasEdger is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:43 AM   #9
Radiophile
Analog Lurker
Radiophile will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

Beautiful track, matches the occasion perfectly, I'd never seen that video of the jump before. It's been said already but it just works with the video like it was the official music for it
Radiophile is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #10
thin king
Soundscaper
thin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the rough
Sheffield
MC Status: 260

Wow excellent spacing of all the parts, everything is breathing just right nothing feels squashed or hampered in anyway – you should tell people to listen with headphones – much nicer. Only thing I didn’t really like was when the guitar first comes in – just sounds very ‘midified’ even though it may not be. When the arp kicks in though it sits nicely so nowt really to worry about. Well done
thin king is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #11
EmeraldZone
Knob Twiddler
EmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MCEmeraldZone is a savage MC
Bradford, England
MC Status: 186216

Really appreciate the feedback lads. More music coming soon hopefullY!

------------------
EmeraldZone is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #12
Hiljakas
Regular Freak
Hiljakas is currently spamming hard

Wow, have to agree, this track fits the video so perfectly, well done!
I also agree that the finale could've been more spectacular, more intense, bigger.
You could perhaps try to raise the volume of the bass a little and try giving the drums more reverb and mixing them 'bigger'.

Great song!

Cheers! =)

Advertisements

Hiljakas is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote