[Big Room] Pat!M - Trinity
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 04-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
dj_patm
Master of the LFO
dj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MC
Calgary
MC Status: 256174
Icon13 [Big Room] Pat!M - Trinity

Well I've completed the first draft of this song last night.

I still think it needs some work. For one, I need to properly mix it, as you could probably tell by the waveform. I also need to add more of a dj friendly intro (probably just a couple of bars with the same chord repeating before where the song starts now) and some percussion fills here and there.

I'm not sure I like the bridge either so I might try out something else, I'm thinking of possibly going back to the intro with the sidechained chords and plucks instead?

Either way, I figured I might as well post it up and see if I can get some opinions before I get back to it tonight so yeah, let me know what you think!

Thanks!!

Advertisements

------------------
http://www.facebook.com/mystricmusic

I like remixing pop songs.
dj_patm is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Big Room] Pat!M - Trinity.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
FingerBlast
Soundwave Mangler
FingerBlast is a savage MCFingerBlast is a savage MCFingerBlast is a savage MCFingerBlast is a savage MCFingerBlast is a savage MCFingerBlast is a savage MCFingerBlast is a savage MCFingerBlast is a savage MCFingerBlast is a savage MCFingerBlast is a savage MCFingerBlast is a savage MC
Toronto, Ontario
MC Status: 146890
Re: [Big Room] Pat!M - Trinity

Right off the bat, I am feeling the chords man!

HUGE MELODY INTRO!

um the side chain you introduce there or gating is a little much to go from continuous sound to hard gated or sidechained sound. Maybe for that part there filter it in with an auto.

What effect are you using for the tape stoping during the last mix down of your track? DB-blue or Effectrix?

Anyways, Awesome track can't wait till its mixed up and mastered!

------------------
THIS SONG IS DEFINITELY NOT STROBE! FINGERBLAST IS BACK!

FingerBlast is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:00 AM   #3
dj_patm
Master of the LFO
dj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MC
Calgary

Hmm I've got that sidechain comment before so I will definitely be looking into softening it up a bit. I was using glitch and tried gross beat but it didn't sound right so I just used a slide on the bass. I think it might be a little to quiet?

Thanks for the comment!

------------------

Old 06-12-2012, 11:31 PM   #4
dj_patm
Master of the LFO
Calgary

Anyone have any thoughts on the bridge?

------------------

Old 06-12-2012, 11:44 PM   #5
Clayt3
Radial Developer
Clayt3 is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 11

Great melody mate, sounds clean, seems to be missing something though.

Maybe the low end is lacking a little, lacks a little punch!

------------------
Clayt3 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:48 PM   #6
dj_patm
Master of the LFO
Calgary

Hmm thats the second comment I've heard about the low-end/bass. I'll definitely be taking a look.

Thanks!

------------------

Old 13-12-2012, 12:18 AM   #7
dj_patm
Master of the LFO
Calgary

No comments on the bridge?

I'll update a slightly different version later today (Sidechain fixed, Mixed a bit better)

------------------

Old 13-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #8
thin king
Soundscaper
thin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the rough
Sheffield
MC Status: 260

I like the tune overall – it is well balanced and mixed down well already imo! The only element is the pitched down kick/tom fill/bass slide at the end of each bar after the main drops – its just stops the flow of the tune and would cause some jerks on the dancefloor I reckon. Obviously that’s my personal taste but I would get rid! Good job though Bridge sounds good to me btw
thin king is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #9
Clayt3
Radial Developer
Clayt3 is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 11

Left you a message on soundcloud mate

------------------
Clayt3 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #10
DjCumi
Minor Glitch
DjCumi is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

great track !

the best part of the song for me was the intro really got my attention and didn't want to just scroll forward.
The second part i like is the one starting at 1:37 where you used those ' pauses '. i think it really worked in favor of the song and it emphasizes the sounds.This technique is used in many songs and i really liked it.
Great job
DjCumi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #11
dj_patm
Master of the LFO
Calgary

Thanks everyone I'm glad you guys like it! Makes me want to get all polished up and finished.

Those pauses/drops caused a dilemma for me because, while I agree they could throw people off, I also like how it makes the track flow.

------------------

Old 15-12-2012, 03:16 AM   #12
tanapfen
Knob Twiddler
tanapfen is a savage MCtanapfen is a savage MCtanapfen is a savage MCtanapfen is a savage MCtanapfen is a savage MCtanapfen is a savage MCtanapfen is a savage MCtanapfen is a savage MCtanapfen is a savage MCtanapfen is a savage MCtanapfen is a savage MC
MC Status: 48069

got the supersaw check
good melody check
The sidechain that kicks in at 1:04 is weid so if you layer snares , or even a different weaker kick drum at that point it won't sound so weird.

And the drop is just not hard... um i can't my finger on it, but it just doesn't hit you know

------------------
tanapfen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2012, 05:58 AM   #13
Bridges
Record Mangler
Bridges is currently spamming hard
Calgary
MC Status: 10

The sidechain on the synth misses the first hair of the transient, I would suggest automating volume level separately to skip over those.

The Bridge is super nice, takes you away to a very beautiful place but it is slightly repetitive. I don't think you need to bother with varying the composition, though, just some other automation to create a bit more tension in the build.
Also I would recommend turning down the resonance/Q on the filter that sweeps through the bridge slowly.
Bridges is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2012, 12:05 AM   #14
dj_patm
Master of the LFO
Calgary

Yeah I've automated the intensity of the sidechain so that it's not as severe when the supersaw intro melody hits.

I'll re-up the new version in a bit. Still have to do a few things.

Advertisements

------------------