[BEAT BATTLE/SAMPLING] Number 9
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 02-01-2015, 11:49 PM   #1
Dataf1ow
IDMf Artist
Dataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MC
MC Status: 47763902
[BEAT BATTLE/SAMPLING] Number 9

This was my submission for the most recent [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
(which you should check out if you haven't).
Don't know the etiquette about posting it here too, but whatever.

It's rushed, of course, due to the deadline, but I think there's some nice ideas swimming around in there.
Thanks to FMB for the stellar samples.

Advertisements

------------------
Dataf1ow is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [BEAT BATTLE/SAMPLING] Number 9.
Old 03-01-2015, 04:35 AM   #2
NewWorldOrder
Solar Tribal Chief
NewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MC
Texas
MC Status: 19860
Re: [BEAT BATTLE/SAMPLING] Number 9

I htink that horn sample or whatever it was is my favorite part of the song. Good job!

------------------
NewWorldOrder is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 08:21 PM   #3
Dataf1ow
IDMf Artist
Dataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MC

Thanks for listening friend.

The horn line was the first phrase I made with the samples that I got into. It's my favorite too.

------------------
Old 04-01-2015, 12:13 AM   #4
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80993580
Thanked 4,067 Times in 2,639 Posts

I was meaning to ask you how did you process the "red snapper" vocal sample, is it melodyne?

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:15 AM   #5
Trebesch
Trebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MC
Isle of Skye
MC Status: 8598981

That autotune thing you've got going on with the vocal sample was a nice touch, loved the track over all.
Trebesch is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 05:13 AM   #6
Dataf1ow
IDMf Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
I was meaning to ask you how did you process the "red snapper" vocal sample, is it melodyne?
It's actually the M4L 'Autotuna' device that came with the release of Max 7. This was my first time using it, and I was pretty pleased with the results. Its definitely not as feature rich or sophisticated as melodyne, but it's a nice brute force way to make material harmonically relevant. I also used it on some of the horn samples.

------------------
Old 11-01-2015, 09:21 AM   #7
Focalized
Man in the box
Focalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MC
Space Base
MC Status: 10377667

Very nice. Takes awhile to get interesting... the second half. Great progression to that. I didn't like the quick ending. I'd fade that out a bit with the voices. Not fade but dropping things out up to that one last note.

Advertisements

------------------
Focalized is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote