[JAWM] Bognor Regis Fun Cunt - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Quarterly Album Writing Month (QAWM) IDMf's Quarterly Album Writing Month project. Find all things QAWM related PLUS members own QAWM music!

Old 08-01-2016, 12:22 AM   #21
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8560080
Thanked 7,383 Times in 5,220 Posts
Re: [JAWM] Bognor Regis Fun Cunt

Digging 4 and 5 for sure man. I'll have to listen to the latest at some point.

Advertisements

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks
Thanks to relic
FunkMasterBrown (08-01-2016)
Old 08-01-2016, 12:44 AM   #22
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 32060

I really like the last one!
I really dislike the fact that you are getting so far ahead of me in JAWM!
I have 2 done enough and 3 more in various states of suck lol
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks
Thanks to jbvdb493
FunkMasterBrown (08-01-2016)
Old 08-01-2016, 01:44 AM   #23
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC
King's Head function room
MC Status: 222282984
Thanked 2,636 Times in 1,756 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Digging 4 and 5 for sure man. I'll have to listen to the latest at some point.
thanks man not sure what the snares doing in the latest one

------------------
FunkMasterBrown is offline   Thanks
Old 08-01-2016, 01:46 AM   #24
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbvdb493 View Post
I really like the last one!
I really dislike the fact that you are getting so far ahead of me in JAWM!
I have 2 done enough and 3 more in various states of suck lol
hey man dont be worried about that if you had the time that ive had so far you would be a LOT further forward with it trust me! Ive only really got 2 done ones and 2 that need work cause the first 2 aren't part of it really. They were just warm up ones lol

------------------
Old 08-01-2016, 07:22 PM   #25
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

new version of that last one. recored it to 404 and used the vinyl sim to squeeze it together a bit and make it sound that bit more shitty but the mix needed it i think
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Old 11-01-2016, 05:17 PM   #26
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

I'm completely battle weary from whittling out music with this setup and theres like 3 tracks that need work to be finished even though I've spent hours on them individually. I need a break. This will probably be an EP at the end (cries of 'oh noooo!' Echo around the forum)

my computer is a pile of useless dog wank I'm just gonna leave music for a bit

------------------
Old 11-01-2016, 11:51 PM   #27
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC

Man my computer is pretty high speed even for a 5 year old and I am still only gonna end up with 5 or 6 tracks as well so good job man!
Thanks to jbvdb493
FunkMasterBrown (12-01-2016)
Old 14-01-2016, 05:07 PM   #28
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

supposed to be going somewhere i cba to go, was about to move my samplers out of the way of the computer so i could check something quick and next thing im recording a pointless 'jAM'

to further the wastage of time im uploading it . fun times. im late as fuck

------------------
Old 14-01-2016, 06:14 PM   #29
relic
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Number 6 is like if 90's house met the intro to "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" done with boom bap drums. Very interesting. Your beats often do my head in, I know they make sense, but my brain doesn't to march to whatever is keeping time.

------------------
Thanks to relic
FunkMasterBrown (17-01-2016)
Old 14-01-2016, 11:42 PM   #30
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter

You had me grooving in my chair then the track took that completely unpredicted and way cool left turn!
Well done man!
How are you making these? Are you finger drumming live or is there a sequencer on the sp boxes?
Thanks to jbvdb493
FunkMasterBrown (17-01-2016)
Old 17-01-2016, 07:36 PM   #31
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

Quote:
Number 6 is like if 90's house met the intro to "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" done with boom bap drums. Very interesting. Your beats often do my head in, I know they make sense, but my brain doesn't to march to whatever is keeping time.
haha i dont know if its a cultural difference or not but when something does your head in in england it means its really annoying. you may have meant that anyway but either way it made me simultaneously grin and be disappointed lol

theres probably a few reasons for it in this instance. firstly its as compressed as a dogs cunt which just ruins all the delicacy of the rhythm in a way you could probably only tell the full extent of it if you heard it uncompressed. also theres no swing on the 555 so i had to record parts of it off the grid. everythings fine but the kicks that are next to each other are super close which is something which works really well in hip hop beats but could be a bit off putting here. lastly all of the sample chops are played live for the whole track over the drum loop so theyre largely out of time and never settles into a groove

anyway this isnt number 6 just a major fuck about in aid of procrastination. i would definitely make those chops into a track for number 6 but the sp555 doesnt allow for enough variation so i might not on this one. cheers!

------------------
Old 17-01-2016, 07:39 PM   #32
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbvdb493 View Post
You had me grooving in my chair then the track took that completely unpredicted and way cool left turn!
Well done man!
How are you making these? Are you finger drumming live or is there a sequencer on the sp boxes?
thanks man. like i said to relic the sample chops are recorded live over the drum loop which the audio out was recorded to a pad on my sp404. i played that pad back into the computer with some effects on it (mainly the hefty compressor) and did a bit of synth fucking about on top while i did it. when the track was over i just naturally started playing with other pads on the 404 as part of uber procrastination. its a waste of time really i shouldnt have put it here. thanks for listening!

------------------
Old 17-01-2016, 08:02 PM   #33
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Yea. I didn't mean annoying more like...I dunno...it doesn't bother me, but its like I finally figure it out and I'm like exhausted and amazed at the same time. So please don't be disappoint sexy pants ;p

People in my neck of the woods generally don't say "does my head in" so I probably picked it up from IDMf or elsewhere online and have been mis using it. Good to know what it actually means as I'm a total word geek.

Also, very interesting to hear about your workflow with these boxes. Most of them are off my radar as I'm not very into sampling in my music like you are. You also make me feel like I should lock all my fancy gear away until I can make something badass on just SP404 or something.

All in all, I'm really always quite facsinated by what you do with samples. Your personality and sense of humor really come through in your music and what samples you choose etc.

------------------
Thanks to relic
FunkMasterBrown (18-01-2016)
Old 18-01-2016, 06:30 PM   #34
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

Quote:
Yea. I didn't mean annoying more like...I dunno...it doesn't bother me, but its like I finally figure it out and I'm like exhausted and amazed at the same time. So please don't be disappoint sexy pants ;p

People in my neck of the woods generally don't say "does my head in" so I probably picked it up from IDMf or elsewhere online and have been mis using it. Good to know what it actually means as I'm a total word geek.

Also, very interesting to hear about your workflow with these boxes. Most of them are off my radar as I'm not very into sampling in my music like you are. You also make me feel like I should lock all my fancy gear away until I can make something badass on just SP404 or something.

All in all, I'm really always quite facsinated by what you do with samples. Your personality and sense of humor really come through in your music and what samples you choose etc.
ahhhhh that was a nice thing to read you big soft gay! honestly though man im screaming out for a proper sequencer. ive realised that having fun with hardware stuff means having at least 2 step sequencers doing stuff so you can tweak and make 10 minute tracks that dont get boring really easily and its fun to do so. this whole thing is a huge fucking nightmare for me tbh. only getting by because i know every single trick and work around in the book with these things from hundreds of hours of trying to make hip hop with them. enjoy your fancy gear!!

------------------
Thanks to FunkMasterBrown
relic (18-01-2016)
Old 18-01-2016, 06:34 PM   #35
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

i had this one made after the singing booze track but didnt finish it up because i thought it was too slow and i recorded loads of improv on the synth and it sounded well cheesy and there wasnt a full length of it that was remotely as good as i had done before recording. after SERIOUSLY struggling to get stuff to sound good i realised that this one does sound alright so i stuck a bass underneath, looped up two of the alrightish bits of improv and made this long as fuck track

i have a major headache as always when i do these tracks
after this i tried to go back and redo track 6 AGAIN to get a better sound and its just impossible. it sounds like its clipping internally all over the shop even if i turn everything way down. it doesnt respong in any way to the same treatment i give on track 7. so frustrating.

------------------
Old 18-01-2016, 07:03 PM   #36
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkMasterBrown View Post
ahhhhh that was a nice thing to read you big soft gay! honestly though man im screaming out for a proper sequencer. ive realised that having fun with hardware stuff means having at least 2 step sequencers doing stuff so you can tweak and make 10 minute tracks that dont get boring really easily and its fun to do so. this whole thing is a huge fucking nightmare for me tbh. only getting by because i know every single trick and work around in the book with these things from hundreds of hours of trying to make hip hop with them. enjoy your fancy gear!!
A pair of electribe samplers would be badass for that and not break the bank. Realistically you could probably do an ES-1 with an EMX to keep cost down. That and a little mixer with an aux send and a few pedals would be a sweet setup.

The gear thing is a never ending black hole once you start. The next piece of gear is always the piece that will make your setup perfect. Last summer I tried to make a live album with a pretty complex setup. I got it done. It sounds OK. I ended up doing a ton of editing and FX in my DAW. Probably should have left it rawer.

Anyway, not trying to make this about me, point was to say I've gone back to thinking simple is better. I only have two hands and only about half a brain half of the time.

------------------
Thanks to relic
FunkMasterBrown (18-01-2016)
Old 18-01-2016, 10:06 PM   #37
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

Quote:
A pair of electribe samplers would be badass for that and not break the bank. Realistically you could probably do an ES-1 with an EMX to keep cost down. That and a little mixer with an aux send and a few pedals would be a sweet setup.

The gear thing is a never ending black hole once you start. The next piece of gear is always the piece that will make your setup perfect. Last summer I tried to make a live album with a pretty complex setup. I got it done. It sounds OK. I ended up doing a ton of editing and FX in my DAW. Probably should have left it rawer.

Anyway, not trying to make this about me, point was to say I've gone back to thinking simple is better. I only have two hands and only about half a brain half of the time.

ohhh man dont talk to me! the first thing i got when i was 18 years old was an EMX-1 before i even knew that it was a synth i just new i had to get it. i loved the shit out of it and never once thought of selling it even though ive needed money often and havent really used it for years. finally in september i sold it for 150 quid to get some plane tickets to amsterdam. like 2 months later i buy the sp555 and suddenly it becomes 5 times more useful and useable than it ever has been, i also just got a beautiful mixer that i discovered i do not need (would use it completely if i still had electribe) too. with the 555 you have to construct things, resample and then piece it together to make a track. no live tweaking, no multiple shit going off at once... mixer rendered useless. stuff triggered from the 404 just goes in the 555 input theres no way i can justify buying an electribe again, will probably have to sell the 555 to go germany even though id like to keep it forever too. the fun i couldve had in these few months and the great music i actually couldve made!!! fuckkkkkkk

also im not too keen on the ESX-1. my friend has one and its reallly annoying to use. he has one of the sequencer tracks from it sending out midi to a korg ms10 though and it works amazing. ive driven down twice in the last few months and we just get pissed up and spend ages twiddling knobs while it records to his 4 track. way more enjoyable than any setup ive ever had. WHYYYY DID I SELL THE ELECTRIBE???

i took a picture of his room before i left the first time i went down cause im a geek (he wasnt there)

his setup is more limited than i would ever let mine be but i always have way more fun with music there and come away inspired. his shitty monitors dont leave my ears instantly in pain and unhappy like mine do too. im in a rut man. this was my story

------------------
Old 24-02-2016, 04:25 PM   #38
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

ahhhhhh completely forgot about this cunt! I guess I did it anyway. I really enjoyed it and I'm really happy with the tracks. a few of them its tough because I know they could've been a lot better but others I know I wouldn't have made anything like them on some other equipment, even though they still sound like shit

this is my favourite: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

tried mixing it again a few times and still it sounded like dogshit. I will do something with these at some pont. unfortunately I have to sell my 555 to fund a trip somewhere that I don't even want to go on any more

yesssssssssss

cheers lads

------------------
Thanks to FunkMasterBrown
lolirl (24-02-2016)
Old 18-03-2016, 02:18 PM   #39
dafeda
Learning The Ropes
dafeda will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

Hi I'm new around here, and to electronic music in general.
The 3rd beat really got me. The beat and choppy synths are really groovy and make me want to move.
There's a dark synth in background of the 4th beat (around the 1 minute mark) that I want to steal. The whole track is smooth.
The 5th one is a bit monotonous for my taste, but still pleasant to listen to.
Love the chopped vocals on 6th.
The beat on number 7 confuses me. I think I could dance to it if I was piss drunk though.

All in all, really nice stuff. I don't know what it entails to make tracks with the equipment you are using, but it sounds like a pain in the butt. The sound is lo-fi and very pleasing to listen to.

Don't know what JAWM is but I like it so far
dafeda is offline   Thanks
Thanks to dafeda
FunkMasterBrown (02-01-2017)
Old 02-01-2017, 06:03 PM   #40
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafeda View Post
Hi I'm new around here, and to electronic music in general.
The 3rd beat really got me. The beat and choppy synths are really groovy and make me want to move.
There's a dark synth in background of the 4th beat (around the 1 minute mark) that I want to steal. The whole track is smooth.
The 5th one is a bit monotonous for my taste, but still pleasant to listen to.
Love the chopped vocals on 6th.
The beat on number 7 confuses me. I think I could dance to it if I was piss drunk though.

All in all, really nice stuff. I don't know what it entails to make tracks with the equipment you are using, but it sounds like a pain in the butt. The sound is lo-fi and very pleasing to listen to.

Don't know what JAWM is but I like it so far
hey man, I know youll never see this you 4 post wonder you but that's super nice that you listened to all of those tracks, cheers bro bro

Advertisements

------------------