The skateboard thread - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Old 27-02-2013, 11:19 PM   #21
Cypherclerk
Generate & Test
Cypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MC
Rectilinear Filigree
MC Status: 53740955
Thanked 2,387 Times in 1,627 Posts
Re: The skateboard thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaede View Post
So this is where I'm going wrong.
I mean it must be a lot harder judge the spinning momentum of a single flip than a double. It's like flipping a bottle in the air. It's easier to make the bottle flip twice and fall back into its original position where you catch it, rather than once. Just as it's easier to ride a bike fast rather than slow.

I only got this idea because my rollerblader mate was challenged by a skaterboarder to learn to skateboard because apparently there is no skill in rollerblading, and he learnt triple kickflips as his first trick....in a day lol...but it took him forever to learn to do single kickflips because he said they felt more fiddly.

Advertisements

------------------
Cypherclerk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Cypherclerk
VIVIsect (27-02-2013)
Old 27-02-2013, 11:21 PM   #22
Sencesor
Savage Mad Cack
Sencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MC
The Nung River
MC Status: 89279323
Thanked 1,528 Times in 1,175 Posts

Roller blades lol

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by antenna View Post
What is this vile sencesorcery? Be gone with ye, witch!
Sencesor is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 11:22 PM   #23
Cypherclerk
Generate & Test
Cypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MC
Rectilinear Filigree
MC Status: 53740955
Thanked 2,387 Times in 1,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sencesor View Post
Roller blades lol

It's underrated.

------------------
Cypherclerk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 11:25 PM   #24
VIVIsect
VIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud of
Novi Sad
MC Status: 1215

Quote:
I'm lucky, we have a lot of different terrain near me... incuding one of the best slide hills in the uk about an hours drive away.

Here's a picture of todays skateboarding antics... I have decided that hard wheel sliding is the new black
Bah, i have perpetual rain now, had a week of snow in january ( which i managed to steal for some snowboarding ) but since then is an assault of rain. Three days ago it was sunny and the closer i was to home the more clouds would appear, and rain.

@Khaotikai GET AWAY FROM THOSE! Really, get some good RKP or TKP trucks, nice bushings and set them nice, will do you more good in long run that that rackety clanky piece of crap that will get worse from use, plus its high maintenance...

@Little Minion As far skateboarding tricks go, i dont know. I can ollie, and i can do boneless, apart from that, im useless, unless it's go-down-more-speed-dont-die.
VIVIsect is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 11:40 PM   #25
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5743193

I skateboarded a bit when I was younger. Fucking sucked at it. Tried to ollie, failed. Tried to go really fast, bailed. It was fun to get around on though.

I remember when places like Wal-Mart started selling them. They were heavy and so crap, nothing screamed try something else out than one of those. My cousin had one, it was crap.

------------------
Say
bbb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 11:57 PM   #26
VIVIsect
VIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud of
Novi Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
I skateboarded a bit when I was younger. Fucking sucked at it. Tried to ollie, failed. Tried to go really fast, bailed. It was fun to get around on though.

I remember when places like Wal-Mart started selling them. They were heavy and so crap, nothing screamed try something else out than one of those. My cousin had one, it was crap.
Like this? This was / is my first board, still alive and gnarly. Im afraid to ride it, wood rot gave it mad flex.

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Code:
Old 28-02-2013, 12:14 AM   #27
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5743193

Just like that, two spots for your feet to have grip and some brand or board name in the middle. So crap.

------------------
Say
bbb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2013, 01:13 AM   #28
Khaotikai
Digital Surfer
Khaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MC
'MERICA
MC Status: 2607214

I've always loved skate shoes. Idk why, it's just like THE shoe besides Sperry's and flip flops. Pretty sure they're the only kind of shoe that is sold with someone's name. xD

Remember these?
Code:

------------------
Mindfuck me.
1 + (228) 382-8209
Khaotikai is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:32 PM   #29
Middie
Ghostly
Middie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MCMiddie is a savage MC
Melbourne
MC Status: 7202625

Can we include snowboards, since I ride them way more often than my old deck?

Code:

------------------
USE THE FUCKING SEARCH FUNCTION!!!!!!!
Middie is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:53 PM   #30
Kaede
Imperator Furiosa
Kaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MC
MC Status: 52987903
Thanked 1,115 Times in 647 Posts

Yeah, all board sports are winning.

No scooters though.
Kaede is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #31
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
Thomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MC
South Central Sealand
MC Status: 101163691
Thanked 1,418 Times in 1,047 Posts

I had a skateboard once. Then I tried it. Then I didn't have a skateboard anymore.

------------------
Thomas is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:17 PM   #32
Sam Kirby
Sam Kirby is a savage MCSam Kirby is a savage MCSam Kirby is a savage MCSam Kirby is a savage MCSam Kirby is a savage MCSam Kirby is a savage MCSam Kirby is a savage MCSam Kirby is a savage MCSam Kirby is a savage MCSam Kirby is a savage MCSam Kirby is a savage MC
BRUM!!!
MC Status: 5286115

Quote:
Longboards are skateboards... at least they were the last time I looked.
doooooooooont get pissy with me. skateboards are skateboards an longboards are longboards
Sam Kirby is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:36 PM   #33
Kaede
Imperator Furiosa
Kaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kirby View Post
skateboards are skateboards
Well you got something right ;P
Thanks to Kaede
VIVIsect (08-03-2013)
Old 09-03-2013, 10:46 PM   #34
statisticquill
Ghostly
statisticquill has a reputation beyond reputestatisticquill has a reputation beyond reputestatisticquill has a reputation beyond reputestatisticquill has a reputation beyond reputestatisticquill has a reputation beyond reputestatisticquill has a reputation beyond reputestatisticquill has a reputation beyond reputestatisticquill has a reputation beyond reputestatisticquill has a reputation beyond reputestatisticquill has a reputation beyond reputestatisticquill has a reputation beyond repute
Calgary
MC Status: 7510

Probably my favourite longboarding edit ever:

statisticquill is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:57 PM   #35
Kaede
Imperator Furiosa

Fernando Yuppie is insane

Old 09-03-2013, 11:41 PM   #36
VIVIsect
Novi Sad

Whole family of them is crazy!
Old 10-03-2013, 06:27 AM   #37
Khaotikai
Digital Surfer
Khaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MC
'MERICA
MC Status: 2607214

Quote:
I'm just waiting til' ABEC3570 when we can shoot off a quarter pipe and land on the moon.

:twilo:

------------------
Mindfuck me.
1 + (228) 382-8209
Khaotikai is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #38
LavLab
Minor Glitch
LavLab has a spectacular aura aboutLavLab has a spectacular aura about
Boston, MA
MC Status: 160

Me & some homies sk8ing a full pipe back in the day.
LavLab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 10:48 PM   #39
Tynamox
Regular Freak
Tynamox is currently spamming hard
Stockholm
MC Status: 10

Quote:
Because I think we're confusing all the non skaters in the "What made you happy?" thread. So here's a thread for all things skateboard

I just bought a slalom set up... because dodging cones makes you a better person
That looks more like a longboard
Tynamox is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 12:08 AM   #40
Kaede
Imperator Furiosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tynamox View Post
That looks more like a longboard
Nope, it's definitely not a longboard... it's a slalom board

Advertisements