[House/Electro House/UK Garage] SWIM - Daydreaming
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 30-04-2016, 04:36 PM   #1
SWIM_DEEP
Analog Lurker
SWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of light
Riga
MC Status: 510
[House/Electro House/UK Garage] SWIM - Daydreaming

Hey guys! Me again! This time with something different, although it seems like house to me, i'm not really sure what this is, as i just went crazy on my midi once and played many keys..

I've understood the mixing concept in FL studio a little more, however, it seems that my drum samples are really low quality of which i've been informed about previously!

Comments super much appreciated!!

Finished.

Last edited by SWIM_DEEP; 04-05-2016 at 02:07 PM.. Reason: New link

Advertisements

SWIM_DEEP is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [House/Electro House/UK Garage] SWIM - Daydreaming.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:05 AM   #2
d3b
Knob Twiddler
d3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MC
MC Status: 118464
Re: [House/Electro House/UK Garage] SWIM - Daydreaming

hey, cool track

at 2.03 it does sound like a new track as your expressions has changed without enough throw back to the first

maybe consider another layer, duplicating or complimenting your current lead to add some more variety

consider adding a bassline, duplicating and/or syncopating with the lead and the percussion?

if you'd like, there's a tonne (well half anyway) of free kicks your can download at :
http :// howtomakeelectronicmusic.com/markus-hakalas-kicks-all-in-one-500-free-kicks-in-total

keep at it, good work
d3b is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 07:48 AM   #3
SWIM_DEEP
Analog Lurker
SWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of light
Riga

Thanks, d3b, A LOT!

i was actually trying to figure out what to do to make the transition smoother, as those are same chords, but the "drop" just isnt working.

doing that i assume i got to change the structure of the whole track, but ill see what i can do

im producing for like half a year now, ideas for the composition just come naturally or don't come at all, i might just keep on working on this track, as i wanna make it at least a little decent sounding.

And thanks for the link, much appreciated. Kicks are exactly what i need as you can probably hear..
Old 02-05-2016, 10:47 AM   #4
D42K732202
IDMf Supporter
D42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond repute
My hell
MC Status: 8560

didn't listen to house for a long time, this song is perfect, drums are fine its always ok to have lower quality\cushed\distorted drums in every genre, don't change anything this song is finished

------------------
sent from another world
D42K732202 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 02:56 PM   #5
SWIM_DEEP
Analog Lurker
Riga

That's incredibly kind from you Mr. D42K732202,

even though i am gonna mix the song once again and do some other edits, i'm very pleased to hear words like this, means a lot to me.

i just want to push myself to limits this time and see where i can get.

Speaking about drums, there are many occasions in which it is better to use samples such as you described, no doubt about it.

Update coming soon!
Old 09-05-2016, 06:55 AM   #6
SWIM_DEEP
Analog Lurker
Riga

It has been almost 10 days now since posting.

Is there anyone who could please comment on the mix, as this is the final version of it and id like to hear some criticism to take in mind, while working on the next one..
Old 09-05-2016, 08:47 AM   #7
Narukami Music
Master of the LFO
Narukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MC
MC Status: 10160

Haha, the chords are the same as one that I used in a track that I made, that's pretty funny.

To me, the song sounds too... clean, if that makes sense? The synths sound too simple,tbh. I like the lead that plays throughout 2:03 and beyond, though. It's weird but fun!

Funnily enough, I like how the drums sound. It sounds proper garage.

Overall, the song is pretty good. The mix is good and the song is fun. It's just that it has the potential to be something more. It's okay, considering the fact that you've only been producing for half a year, it's pretty good. My songs sounded like crap when I first started :p
Narukami Music is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 12:14 PM   #8
SWIM_DEEP
Analog Lurker
Riga

Thanks man, it all totally makes sense as i went for the cleanest possible and a more humble? sound.

I completely agree that this had a potential of being more. These chords had for sure..

Glad to hear about the beat itself, that i guess is the most important part of it all for me atm..
Old 09-05-2016, 12:39 PM   #9
erikmichael
Minor Glitch
erikmichael has a spectacular aura abouterikmichael has a spectacular aura about
New York
MC Status: 160

Hey Swim. I really like the groove on the track. The hi hats have a nice syncopated feel and i like the broken feeling drumbeat. I think mix wise the bass could be more prominent. The sub bass could be mixed higher in level and you could also layer in a mid range bass to give the whole bass section more definition.

I like the synths that come in around the 2:50 minute mark. They have a refreshing vibe to them. They could use some more stereo width though, either with delay and or panning. Doubling them up with another sound could help.

Cheers
erikmichael is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 03:12 PM   #10
jimmyr1988
Analog Lurker
jimmyr1988 is a savage MCjimmyr1988 is a savage MCjimmyr1988 is a savage MCjimmyr1988 is a savage MCjimmyr1988 is a savage MCjimmyr1988 is a savage MCjimmyr1988 is a savage MCjimmyr1988 is a savage MCjimmyr1988 is a savage MCjimmyr1988 is a savage MCjimmyr1988 is a savage MC
London
MC Status: 82589

Nice listen. Like the groove, I do feel it could do with a bit more, whether it's variation in the melody, drum pattern or some more interesting synth sounds.

Mix wise I think it's clean, nothing too much wrong with it.

------------------
jimmyr1988 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 06:03 AM   #11
SWIM_DEEP
Analog Lurker
Riga

Hey, thanks for your time guys!

Speaking about the bass, it was really hard for me to get it right. I indeed should have leveled it a little higher, but theres something wrong with how bass sounds in my room.. Stereo width is a really good point aswell, ill take that in mind..

And thanks jimmy, i really felt that i had to work on some more drum patterns and other variations.
Old 10-05-2016, 02:05 PM   #12
Rixtr
IDMf Supporter
Rixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MC
golly gee wiz
MC Status: 329124900
Thanked 1,688 Times in 1,163 Posts

Nice groove!everyone pretty much covered what needs to be done.so....
a wider presence,and a little less volume would make it perfect.
maybe a wee bit of fx.but simplicityis usually best!
Rixtr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 07:44 AM   #13
SWIM_DEEP
Analog Lurker
Riga

Thanks Rixtr! Still haven't even practiced anything that's related to FX, will definitely start from now on.

Advertisements