[Aggrotech / Power Noise / Gabber] Undogmatic - Quicksands
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 21-09-2012, 03:11 PM   #1
Undogmatic
Knob Twiddler
Undogmatic has a spectacular aura aboutUndogmatic has a spectacular aura aboutUndogmatic has a spectacular aura about
Lisbon
MC Status: 210
[Aggrotech / Power Noise / Gabber] Undogmatic - Quicksands

If you're into soft music only, this is probably not going to please you.

In this track I was aiming for a really powerful, hammering beat with an abrasive atmosphere. The type of oppressive kicks that would really impact hard on your chest in a venue. "Tearing down the walls" type of shit, if you know what I mean...

Right now it's just a small track, but I plan to make a longer, harsher and heavier version. What do you think so far?
Any feedback would be appreciated.

Also, on another note, if you know anything similar to this, please let me know, feel free to suggest it to me. I already know a few artists, and I'm always willing to know more.

Old version: "Undogmatic - Quicksands"

New, extended version: "Undogmatic - Sledgehammer (Tearing Down Your Fucking Wall)"

Last edited by Undogmatic; 22-09-2012 at 03:19 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
Undogmatic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Aggrotech / Power Noise / Gabber] Undogmatic - Quicksands.
Old 21-09-2012, 04:59 PM   #2
tpecs
Missy Elliott
tpecs has a spectacular aura abouttpecs has a spectacular aura about
Batman
MC Status: 160
Re: [Aggrotech / Power Noise / Gabber] Undogmatic - Quicksands

Reminds me a little of nine inch nails... or KNFDM (The mood at least). I would really love to hear it when its longer!
tpecs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #3
Dudewill
Master of the LFO
Dudewill will become famous soon enoughDudewill will become famous soon enough
The land of the drunk
MC Status: 110

I don't know.. It sounds a bit cluttered and muddy, you know as if it was low passed.
I would love to hear the finished version though, I like hard edm trust me
Dudewill is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #4
Br/ainfu+ked
Savage Mad Cunt
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
MC Status: 45963198
Thanked 1,147 Times in 883 Posts

the reverb is very resonant, you should surgically eq the low end and make that intro bass sweep mono... and sidechain that sounds to the drums, I think it would be better if you brought out the drums more

overall the soft intro was very, very sexy.. other than resonant bass reverb everything sounded good

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2012, 07:49 PM   #5
bubba
Minor Glitch
bubba is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

more sidechaining!!you hardly can't hear the kick!!anyway it's a great idea!!
bubba is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 03:08 AM   #6
Undogmatic
Knob Twiddler
Undogmatic has a spectacular aura aboutUndogmatic has a spectacular aura aboutUndogmatic has a spectacular aura about
Lisbon
MC Status: 210

Thanks everybody for the feedback so far and for giving it a listen.

I now have an extended (4 minutes) version, a bunch of people said "Quicksands" was too short.

So here it is, the new version: "Undogmatic - Sledgehammer (Tearing Down Your Fucking Wall)"

I will now address some of the comments so far:

@tpecs: Yes this beat has a rather obvious industrial metal influence.

@Dudewill & Br/ainfu+ked: I know what you guys mean, but with this track I was trying to avoid a clean, crispy sound. The exaggerated atmosphere from the massive kicks is one of the main goals, for added roughness and abrasion. It's still kinda clean compared to some power noise tracks. Lol.

@Bubba: The kick is really the main focus of the track, I want it to be dominant and oppressive on the track. Check the new extended version "Sledgehammer (Tearing Down Your Fucking Wall)" to see if you find it better. Now there's some halftime patterns, should give your ears some rest between the climatic zones.

@xNOISEx: Yes, definitely industrial metal influences. And fuck yes, humongous drums, just the way I like them in these type of sub-genres of music. Sometimes I need a break from the soft stuff.

Last edited by Undogmatic; 22-09-2012 at 03:20 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
Undogmatic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote