Best recommended reverb plugins
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #1
Clankerz
Microknight
Clankerz is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Best recommended reverb plugins

Hi guys!

I am currently using the Lexicon bundle for my reverbs, but have had problems in the past with feedback being imprinted onto my mix after exporting/rendering. I cannot seem to find a solution to the problem so I am just going to switch over to another reverb module. Any recommendations? I have done my research, but would rather get some feedback and testimonials from you guys Thanks!!

Advertisements

Clankerz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:04 AM   #2
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214389848
Thanked 2,828 Times in 1,763 Posts
Re: Best recommended reverb plugins

Please elaborate on "feedback being imprinted onto my mix after exporting".

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
Borrelli
Regular Freak
Borrelli is currently spamming hard
Paris, France

Sonnox is good, try to repar your problem with lexicon because it's a very good plug
Borrelli is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:29 PM   #4
brn20
brn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MC
London
MC Status: 73802473
Thanked 1,789 Times in 1,191 Posts

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
is very good and still only $50. I haven't used the Lexicon but have heard lots of people say they even prefer the Valhalla to it in lots of situations.

------------------
brn20 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:53 PM   #5
agent
Deep Underground
agent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MC
SEATTLE
MC Status: 526820

Aether....Aether...AETHER

I use that and the CSR from IK.

But Aether is great. Can do everything from funky delays and bread and butter reverb to ailen ambience and beyond.

Last edited by agent; 09-04-2012 at 02:59 PM..
agent is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #6
Clankerz
Microknight
Clankerz is currently spamming hard

@Evelon: Sorry! Basically what happens is when I put the lexicon pcm native reverb plugin on an individual channel or a bus, it has a problem of causing this loud noisey feedback in the middle of my track after I rendered/exported. It plays back fine on my DAW, but the feedback only happens when I export/render. I have yet to find a solution and it is extremely frustrating

Last edited by Clankerz; 09-04-2012 at 04:40 PM..
Clankerz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #7
Ap0C552
Digital Surfer
Ap0C552 is a splendid one to beholdAp0C552 is a splendid one to beholdAp0C552 is a splendid one to beholdAp0C552 is a splendid one to beholdAp0C552 is a splendid one to beholdAp0C552 is a splendid one to beholdAp0C552 is a splendid one to behold
Winnipeg
MC Status: 848

To piggy back on this topic.

I have been using only Ableton reverb. For people who have used it, and other vst reverb, can you give a comparison of the quality?
Ap0C552 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:15 PM   #8
agent
Deep Underground
agent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MC
SEATTLE
MC Status: 526820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clankerz View Post
@Evelon: Sorry! Basically what happens is when I put the lexicon pcm native reverb plugin on an individual channel or a bus, it has a problem of causing this loud noisey feedback in the middle of my track after I rendered/exported. It plays back fine on my DAW, but the feedback only happens when I export/render. I have yet to find a solution and it is extremely frustrating
Not to accuse you of using cracked software... But ummm? Maybe? Yes, no?

Bc to be honest I used a cracked Wave's software bundle once and it sounded awesome while mixing in the DAW, but when rendered/mixed down you would hear clicks and this horrible hissing sound. Especially when using other vst over the Wave's fx or comps/limiters.

Just a thought
agent is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #9
tygris
Learning The Ropes
tygris is currently spamming hard

artsacoustic reverb
tygris is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:48 AM   #10
kryptolith
Barely Legal
kryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MC
Winnipeg
MC Status: 20506287

ValhallaRoom and ValhallaShimmer are awesome. There's a really good free VST called Ambience that I use sometimes.
kryptolith is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #11
mimicry
Deep Underground
mimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MC
MC Status: 6715879

Two free ones I find bearable are Tal Reverb III and DaSample GlaceVerb.

It's still best to set up a mic and a monitor in a room/corridor. Slight EQing, sometimes gating and it's so much better than any vst.

------------------

Mimicry - Felt Like Walking:
mimicry is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #12
FatPucker
Savage Mad Cunt
FatPucker is a savage MCFatPucker is a savage MCFatPucker is a savage MCFatPucker is a savage MCFatPucker is a savage MCFatPucker is a savage MCFatPucker is a savage MCFatPucker is a savage MCFatPucker is a savage MCFatPucker is a savage MCFatPucker is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 18707383

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimicry View Post
It's still best to set up a mic and a monitor in a room/corridor. Slight EQing, sometimes gating and it's so much better than any vst.
Awesome way to get natural reverb. Good tip! Kind of a pain in the ass though so back on topic. Look into Altiverb. Super expensive and CPU intensive, but its fantastic.

------------------
FatPucker is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:17 PM   #13
mimicry
Deep Underground
mimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MC
MC Status: 6715879

Sorry for continuing the OT, but it's totally not a pain in the ass. You can just walk out of the room with your mic, come back and hit record.

Or you can stick the mic in a drawer. Or a bowl/bucket. Inside a piano or under a cymbal. Much more fun than VST-s and, at least for me, takes much less time.

Bonus tip. If you have one mic or one input channel, then record the same thing twice and move the mic between takes to get stereo reverb.

------------------

Mimicry - Felt Like Walking:
mimicry is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:27 PM   #14
FatPucker
Savage Mad Cunt
FatPucker is a savage MCFatPucker is a savage MCFatPucker is a savage MCFatPucker is a savage MCFatPucker is a savage MCFatPucker is a savage MCFatPucker is a savage MCFatPucker is a savage MCFatPucker is a savage MCFatPucker is a savage MCFatPucker is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 18707383

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimicry View Post
Sorry for continuing the OT, but it's totally not a pain in the ass.
I'm a lazy fuck.

But seriously, what I was getting at, is that with plugin reverb you can adjust the settings while you mix. With recording the reverb, it is what it is. Unless you have someone move the mic while you're monitoring. Just saying its easier, but I think that goes without saying.

------------------
FatPucker is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:15 AM   #15
ch0kshsa
ch0kshsa is a savage MCch0kshsa is a savage MCch0kshsa is a savage MCch0kshsa is a savage MCch0kshsa is a savage MCch0kshsa is a savage MCch0kshsa is a savage MCch0kshsa is a savage MCch0kshsa is a savage MCch0kshsa is a savage MCch0kshsa is a savage MC
Clifton, NJ
MC Status: 41160

ArtsAcoustic Reverb. nuff said.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
ch0kshsa is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:36 AM   #16
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC

AriesVerb (free, v0.4)
Knufinke SIR2 (it helps having a good stash of bought, collected and created impulses)

xoxos waterverb

------------------
Old 11-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #17
Harl
Learning The Ropes
Harl is currently spamming hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryPulse View Post
ValhallaRoom and ValhallaShimmer are awesome. There's a really good free VST called Ambience that I use sometimes.
I agree, ValhallaShimmer sounds very nice
Harl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:55 AM   #18
kryptolith
Barely Legal
kryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MC
Winnipeg
MC Status: 20506287

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelon View Post
AriesVerb (free, v0.4)
xoxos waterverb
Off-topic, but that has to be the worst fucking smilie image ever. It doesn't even look like a wink, it just looks retarded. I think someone (FIDOLUM) should remove the one image.
kryptolith is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:12 AM   #19
Evelon
IDMf Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryPulse View Post
Off-topic, but that has to be the worst fucking smilie image ever. It doesn't even look like a wink, it just looks retarded. I think someone (FIDOLUM) should remove the one image.
It's the partial face paralysis smiley.

------------------
Old 12-04-2012, 07:36 AM   #20
Voyac
Soundwave Mangler
Voyac is a savage MCVoyac is a savage MCVoyac is a savage MCVoyac is a savage MCVoyac is a savage MCVoyac is a savage MCVoyac is a savage MCVoyac is a savage MCVoyac is a savage MCVoyac is a savage MCVoyac is a savage MC
Gdynia
MC Status: 3587899

impulse response reverbs.

Advertisements

Voyac is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote