Invisible Allies: New album on Aleph Zero
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Ambient / Downtempo Discussion of music similar to Brian Eno, Sigur Rós, FSOL, The Orb, Biosphere.

Old 16-05-2014, 10:47 AM   #1
Orchidaceae
will-o'-the-wisp
Orchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MC
MC Status: 65296696
Invisible Allies: New album on Aleph Zero

Invisible Allies - Conversations with Bees (Aleph Zero)

Release Date: 23 May 2014

"Invisible Allies are explorers of the digital mysteries, documenters of forbidden histories and technoid inductees into the college of prismatic sound design. Collaborating through secret transmissions written in cyphers of bark and seeds, the musical collaboration of Bluetech and KiloWatts is decidedly unclassifiable in terms of genre, skipping school with warehouse dub theatrics, having an illicit romance with psychedelic production techniques and participating in a class riot against normality with techno, ambient, downtempo, breaks, and broken beatscapes."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Looking forward...

Advertisements

Orchidaceae is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2014, 12:49 PM   #2
Sammysong
Master of the LFO
Sammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MC
Bat Country
MC Status: 4046847
Re: Invisible Allies: New album on Aleph Zero

There's a wonderful 37-minute mix in Invisible Allies' Free Downloads section called Infrared Hexagonal Mix. It's comprised of stems & chunks of material from their next album, Conversations With Bees.
Bee's Longing is an immense tune!

Their previous album was also very good; but have lost my digital copy somewhere.

------------------
Sammysong is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2014, 09:23 AM   #3
Orchidaceae
will-o'-the-wisp
Orchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MCOrchidaceae is a savage MC

Out today, and it's fabulous...

Old 24-05-2014, 03:14 PM   #4
Sammysong
Master of the LFO
Sammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MC
Bat Country

Indeed, the opening two songs are beautiful; thus far. Enhances the creativity, it seems, I'm designing an album cover and it's gone very well; thanks to this wonderful album.

------------------
Old 24-05-2014, 03:24 PM   #5
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199646868
Thanked 4,952 Times in 3,192 Posts

I have never heard of these people before. Going to check it out today. Have they been around a while?

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2014, 03:46 PM   #6
Sammysong
Master of the LFO
Bat Country

It's a collaboration between Kilowatts and Bluetech. In 2010, they released Hyperdimensional Animals, which is also a very good listen. Most of their sound production is innovative and psychedelic.
Both discographies are filled with gems; check out Kilowatts' Acceptitude and Seven Succulents. Bluetech is self-explanatory, I think.

------------------
Thanks to Sammysong
RFJ (24-05-2014)
Old 24-05-2014, 04:43 PM   #7
Orchidaceae
will-o'-the-wisp

RFJ, you can find some more Bluetech and KiloWatts here:

First Invisible Allies album:

I like 'Conversations with Bees' a lot more than the first one though.

Thanks to Orchidaceae
RFJ (24-05-2014)
Old 24-05-2014, 05:16 PM   #8
Sammysong
Master of the LFO
Bat Country

Someone has already put it on YouTube; not sure how long it will be online; but have a listen.

------------------
Thanks to Sammysong
RFJ (24-05-2014)
Old 24-05-2014, 06:11 PM   #9
Orchidaceae
will-o'-the-wisp

Why youtube?

Available on bandcamp: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Built as a journey...

Looking forward to the arrival of the CD...

Old 24-05-2014, 06:55 PM   #10
Sammysong
Master of the LFO
Bat Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchidaceae View Post
Why youtube?

Available on bandcamp: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Built as a journey...

Looking forward to the arrival of the CD...

Valid point; only a few days ago was Bee's Longing available to listen to on bandcamp; now it's the full album.
Indeed, I'd rather listen to bandcamp than YouTube.

------------------
Thanks to Sammysong
Nystagmus (16-06-2014)
Old 15-06-2014, 10:51 PM   #11
a-balance
Regular Freak
a-balance is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Sounds great! Gonna give this a closer listen asap. Never heard of these guys before.
a-balance is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2014, 11:28 PM   #12
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963183
Thanked 4,075 Times in 2,700 Posts

Amazing. That's all.
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2014, 02:00 AM   #13
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
MC Status: 65460
Thanked 1,309 Times in 987 Posts

i havent heard this yet but i'm interested. BlueTech and Shulman are some of my aleph zero favorites. They changed what i thought was possible with music.

------------------
Mutually-Assured Survival is preferred.

Be a false negative of yourself !
Nystagmus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Tori Amos
Old 16-06-2014, 08:54 AM   #14
Orchidaceae
will-o'-the-wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by a-balance View Post
Sounds great! Gonna give this a closer listen asap. Never heard of these guys before.
I'm sure you'll enjoy it

I've also posted some links to Bluetech's and KiloWatts' solo works in one of my previous comments in this thread. A lot of good stuff is there to explore

Some press reactions I ran into:

Old 16-06-2014, 09:20 AM   #15
Orchidaceae
will-o'-the-wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nystagmus View Post
i havent heard this yet but i'm interested. BlueTech and Shulman are some of my aleph zero favorites. They changed what i thought was possible with music.
Yep, plenty of good releases on the [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
catalog. In the past few years some really lovely gems were released by the label, Fredrik Ohr's [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
and Eitan Reiter's [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
for example. Conversations with Bees is another lovely addition to the catalog. An older one that is really recommended is [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
by Vataff Project.

Here's a pic of my AZ collection + the first Shulman album (last one down on the right). Also have the [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
compilation, but forgot to throw it into the pic

Last edited by Orchidaceae; 17-08-2014 at 05:07 PM..
Thanks to Orchidaceae
Sammysong (16-06-2014)
Old 16-06-2014, 09:30 AM   #16
Orchidaceae
will-o'-the-wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse-ic View Post
Amazing. That's all.
Old 16-06-2014, 10:45 PM   #17
Sammysong
Master of the LFO
Bat Country

Best recommendation thus far! Falling through the Earth is sublime, only Felling from the Sky is not to my liking, but indeed; it is a gem...and a pretty shiny one! Yet to listen to Eitan Reither's music.

Thanks again!

------------------
Old 17-06-2014, 09:18 AM   #18
Orchidaceae
will-o'-the-wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammysong View Post
Best recommendation thus far! Falling through the Earth is sublime, only Felling from the Sky is not to my liking, but indeed; it is a gem...and a pretty shiny one! Yet to listen to Eitan Reither's music.

Thanks again!
My pleasure

A shiny gem indeed.

Maybe "Fell from the Sky" will grow on you eventually...

Old 17-06-2014, 02:34 PM   #19
Sammysong
Master of the LFO
Bat Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchidaceae View Post
My pleasure

A shiny gem indeed.

Maybe "Fell from the Sky" will grow on you eventually...

It probably will; but are there any other similar gems, not related to Aleph Zero Records?
Old 17-06-2014, 03:41 PM   #20
Orchidaceae
will-o'-the-wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammysong View Post
It probably will; but are there any other similar gems, not related to Aleph Zero Records?
Try this: Mythematica by Mythematica.

Bandcamp: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

CD is out of print unfortunately (as far as I know at least).

Advertisements