anyone use reasons regroove mixer here or take grooves from songs?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Your Music

IDMf Netlabel

The Studio

Community Center

Music By Genre

Groups

Old 02-04-2013, 03:08 AM   #1
henryspencer
Digital Surfer
henryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MC
MC Status: 2983713
anyone use reasons regroove mixer here or take grooves from songs?

Does anyone use the grooves in reason. I was hoping someone could tell me how you go about putting this into practice. Do you generally put each drum on a different track and just use a groove or slide to taste?

Also when it comes to capturing a groove from a loop and you apply this for your own loop does this mean you dont really have to bother moving notes around or adjusting velocities?

Advertisements

henryspencer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:03 AM   #2
Oatbag
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 48550
Re: anyone use reasons regroove mixer here or take grooves from songs?

Have you done the video tutorial on the regroove mixer yet?
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:49 AM   #3
henryspencer
Digital Surfer
henryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MC
MC Status: 2983713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatbag View Post
Have you done the video tutorial on the regroove mixer yet?
yes I have watched all of them, I was just hoping to hear some practical experiences in terms of how you all implement it yourselves. and how this ties into manually changing velocities.
henryspencer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #4
Louderest
Louderest has a reputation beyond reputeLouderest has a reputation beyond reputeLouderest has a reputation beyond reputeLouderest has a reputation beyond reputeLouderest has a reputation beyond reputeLouderest has a reputation beyond reputeLouderest has a reputation beyond reputeLouderest has a reputation beyond reputeLouderest has a reputation beyond reputeLouderest has a reputation beyond reputeLouderest has a reputation beyond repute
Canberra
MC Status: 9380

I find it really adds a good funkiness to a song. Generally I put the same regroove patch on a entire drum kit. Then a different one on the bass. Sometimes I use them on other tracks too. But generally I only use a max of two different regroove patches in one song. You can use more but just make sure they're not all too different or it could start to sound a bit messy.

Using the regroove mixer is a great way to add a bit of a human feeling to a song. If you use strict quantization and don't use regroove then a song can sound a bit too stiff and robotic.

Just keep scrolling through the regroove templates until you find one you like the some of and the edit the settings if required.

Alternatives to using the regroove mixer to add some subtle rhythmic variation include playing something live and not quantizing it, not quantizing it too much, or quantizing it quite strictly and then nudging the notes around very slightly by zooming in to the editor view. For things like level automation and volumes etc, you can draw variations in these manually pretty easily, or automate them to record your movements of a midi controller. I generally find regroove best for the rhythmic variations it makes though.

Happy regrooving!

Ps, I haven't played around with making your own regroove patches, will have to give that a go.

Advertisements

------------------
Louderest is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote