IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - How laptop with a critical is a sound card?
View Single Post
Old 28-04-2017, 06:20 PM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 180810
Thanked 3,616 Times in 2,696 Posts
Re: How laptop with a critical is a sound card?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBrain View Post
Purchased a new HP laptop which has a reasonable spec with B&O sound (whatever that is).

But how critical is the onboard sound for processing tracks? As I can't upgrade internally I am pretty stuck for options right?

Dude, if you're laptop comes with sound by Bang & Olufsen, you don't have much to worry about..it should sound pretty sweet, be that just playing tracks back or recording them in the first place.

For the record, Bang & Olufsen are a Danish company that have been in business since 1925 and were considered the makers of the best speakers / monitors at one stage, though that accolade has since moved on to other holders.

That said, they are still a high-end brand name and nothing to be ashamed of having in your system.

And, yes, the sound card IS important to the over-all sounds you can produce..but, again, if you have B & O sound, then I don't think you have much to worry about. Best way is to put your new system to the test and make some music..then play it back over a good set of headphones and compare the new track with older stuff you've done on your old system..it should be clear pretty fast if there's a difference and if it's a good or bad one.

Let us know how you get on.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote