IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Why do you use hardware?
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 01:11 PM   #5
Chozo Tull
IDMf Supporter
Chozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MC
Near Paris
MC Status: 14960
Re: Why do you use hardware?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automageddon View Post
What is your story and how did you get to have a hardware setup despite the ease and accessibility of software?

For me it is a matter of personal experience and feeling; I come from a punk background but when I saw a groovebox I was blown away by the idea/promise/dream of an all-in-one machine. I was using some software back then (Fruity Loops 3/Hammerhead and similar) but hardware felt different.

Right now I got to the point that I do not get any inspiration from software and hardware fits more into my workflow based on short 10 minutes/half hour sessions.

Very similar to your experience : heavy metal is what made me play guitar. I'm having tons of fun right now with my Microgranny (might pull of the trigger on a second one to chain them...), I need to find adapters to run the mg into a looper and a delay I have lying around because I know I feel like I'm doing music when messing with sound in that immediate way. I need limitations, and working on a laptop is the opposite of that. Also, I don't have the luxury of afternoons spent doing music so it's much easier to plug in a machine and start with a chord rather than booting up the laptop, launching a DAW, making sure the connections are ok, fixing the one problem which will happen before playing ... I need to dive in right away. Hardware does that for me.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boretron42 View Post
I will now only post pictures of my boner if I make it to 10,000 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
If you drop the beat it's just called noise, you trendy fuck.

Chozo Tull is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote