IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Good analog compressor that doesn't cost an arm & leg?
View Single Post
Old 31-10-2016, 05:07 AM   #4
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
Nouvelle Franse
MC Status: 176310
Thanked 3,526 Times in 2,102 Posts
Re: Good analog compressor that doesn't cost an arm & leg?

Oh and they do sound good when abusing them.

I gather there are two schools of thinking when it comes to spending serious cash on compressors... on one hand you have gearsluttery whacks encouraging you to spend 2500 on what's essentially a glorified overdrive pedal... and then you have products that are objectively good because they are precise, predictable, problem-solving dynamic processors. The 402 is such a product. It's a good unit to get good on without quirky behavior getting in the way. They sound so clean... I'm not sure what more you'd get from SUPER EXPENSIVE stuff ike API. Another buddy once rented an API and told me that it's hard to justify spending what they sell for (he owns a drawmer and an ssl clone... and various inexpensive ones).

I'm just sayin'... I'm 100% positive the 402 will deliver whatever it is you want an excellent compressor to deliver. Just...fuckin get that.
thom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote