IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Why criticize someones art?
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 10:54 AM   #2
Mario D
Sample Destroyer
Mario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond repute
Croatia
MC Status: 2960
Re: Why criticize someones art?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Travers View Post
Sorry I just want to address the current generation of internet bigots. It seems these days that everyone's a critic, we are invited to leave comments on just about every site out there, soundcloud, YouTube, all the artist forums etc, but did you ever stop to think about whether it's right?

I don't think so, I don't think it's cool at all, so so many people leave comment's solely to "one up" themselves, leaving neggs because they can, it makes them feel empowered, well who the f*** are you? Firstly, do you have any idea how far that artist has strived to bring you their art/music? which you get to view and listen to FOR FREE!

Do you have any understanding of how most artists struggle for years, through poverty, loneliness, rejection from society, exploitation even mental health problems, purely for the love of their art and what do you do, encourage them? make them feel appreciated? no you tear them apart just to boost your own ego, makes me sick!!

Let me tell you something, your opinion is not valid, These people are on their own journey’s of discovery, they should, we should be free to experiment, explore and find a new in our art without fear of being flamed for doing so. . The only person it has to sound good to is the artist who made it, if it's not to your taste, f*** off an write your own, you know?

I don't think half the people out there even deserve or understand what they have been given? Society no longer value's artists, they get paid absolutely nothing and are expected to give their life's work over to the public for free, only for some idiot to come along and tell them, that beat's shit mate. . . shit? I hate them, grrrr. you don't deserve to have art in your life, at all! Ever!!
80% critical comments I got from this site on my music, I've actually used to change my songs on better. Critique is good. Makes me a better artist. You just have to change your views on it, imho.

Long time ago in a desert there was a man with his camel. Traveler came to him and told him, hey man, cant you see a bee it following your camel and biting her in the arse all the time, what the f is wrong with you, help her. Traveler said, young man, that bee is the only thing that keeps this camel going.

------------------
Mario D is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote