IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - PC acting strange
View Single Post
Old 17-07-2016, 07:14 PM   #8
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 184210
Thanked 3,684 Times in 2,745 Posts
Re: PC acting strange

Thanks guys..each of ya..mean it.

The perfect situation in my mind is to be able to use all the Windows-based VSTs I have over in a Linux distro, but that's not really 100% possible..yet. I know there's Wine and other offerings like it, but none of them work 100% either all of the time, which is not really an ideal alternative.

But I guess that's what I'm waiting for..somebody to come out with some way of bridging Windows-based VSTs over to Linux that is practically 100% reliable..the day that happens, you won't see my arse for dust..I'll be making the move so fast!

As for backing stuff up..one of the drives I have is just that..a back up of the C drvie. Actually, my next step is to try and restore the C drive from the last backup I did to that other drive. If that fails or the issues remain after it, then I'll just get on with it and do a full format / re-install of everything.

If I do end up doing that, then I guess you can expect to see a few more posts from me on here over the coming weeks, seeking help with drvies and God knows what the hell else..

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote