IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - What part of the waveform do I start on?
View Single Post
Old 18-01-2018, 02:19 AM   #7
Dhji
Knob Twiddler
Dhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MC
Victoria, BC
MC Status: 66696
Re: What part of the waveform do I start on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automageddon View Post
A couple of things.

- Most daws or sound editor have an option to align to 0-crossing. As Oatbag says, if you are aligned to 0-crossing, cranking up the volume won't make a difference.

- When working with stereo samples keep in mind that the 2 channels might have 0-crossing at two different places, so you might have some clicking on a channel.

- If you don't have a clearly identifieable 0-crossing, you can create one, most daws can apply very short fades.

- Do not just crank up the volume of a sample, use the normalise function to prevent clipping.

In your case, I would normalise the sample first (Audacity is a good free editor if you don't have one), then trim the sample at the beginning, slightly to the left of where the bar is on picture 3 or just before that little dip on picture 2.
Thanks!

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
I don't know either man. I kinda feel like things are heading towards talking about our feels...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingley View Post
So, this is the time to confess my unrequited love for Dhji?
Dhji is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote