IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - IDMf members interview thread
View Single Post
Old 19-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #20
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC
King's Head function room
MC Status: 222282884
Thanked 2,634 Times in 1,755 Posts
Re: IDMf members interview thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by scyn View Post
What I also quite like on another forum is they have a guest artist (in this case we'd have an IDMF forum member) and everyone gets to ask questions about their production, workflow etc. After about 3 pages the thread gets closed and that's it. Builds up a nice archive of experience that people can tap into. But however it's done - I think it's a good idea, and would also prefer to see it in a written format. By writing it also allows for the answers to be a more thought out.

And yeah I get what you're saying about the interview accompanying a release of sorts. It's cool to listen to an album and then find out what went into it. Again - this is where opening the floor to IDMF members for questions allows people to satisfy their curiosity rather than hoping the interviewer asks that specific question.
the thing about the interviews in writing is that this thread will get incredibly messy and they will get lost under questions about how to rewire reason into ableton lol
i suppose i could make a tumblr to put the written ones on but then it starts getting very complicated, having to ask benwaa if it can be official or if it HAS to be official. if it does then it stays complicated. with audio interviews the soundcloud would keep them nice and in chronological order to just browse through at your leisure, also the account can be private to this forum..... it doesnt have to be official.

------------------
FunkMasterBrown is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote