IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - QAWM 2015
Thread: QAWM 2015
View Single Post
Old 26-12-2015, 11:56 AM   #88
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744040641
Thanked 7,464 Times in 4,621 Posts
Re: QAWM 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkMasterBrown View Post
isn't that just like a standard compilation?

I get where relic is coming from... The whole point is to force yourself to make shit regardless of quality and I think saying you only have time to do 1 track means either you have 1 or 2 hours spare time a month or that you dont fully get the point. This is coming from somebody who is new to this and doesn't fully get the point so pinch of salt and all that.

surely though if you only want to/can make 1 track in a month this isn't at all for you??

well whatever happens Im gonna do my thing and thats fine by me. If you did a genre rule for example id just do what I was gonna do anyway tbh. Hope that's fine with everybody else
Look dude, turns out QAWM isn't for 99% of IDMfers. That's cool, we gave it a go, you have to try stuff and sometimes it doesn't work out, no biggy, try something else.
So we could completely sack it off or we could just jiggle some rules into something that works here to get some output.
Why do some people always need such die hard rules to feel like they're really doing the musics anyway?
You write your million tracks in a month, then submit your bestest to us and we'll compile an album to promote the project and it all becomes a loop of activity instead of literally 1 or 2 of you doing something no-one's heard of or cares about. You know? Like you a couple of weeks ago.

If you guys have better ideas then shout up, after all it's your forum yada yada.
But do not panic, it's boxing day ffs and we have all year to figure this out.
lolirl is offline   Thanks
Thanks to lolirl
A.M (29-12-2015)