IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - What is modular systems & programming?
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 10:12 PM   #17
crackmontage
raptor badger
crackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MC
sminap MN
MC Status: 434781
Re: What is modular systems & programming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0lem View Post
that's what makes modular-psychos a bit different from the average musician.

productivity is a laughable term. it's more about experimentation and the attainment of some sort knowledge/intuitive understanding of what you're exploring/messing with.
I fully relate to that. maybe I'm such a psycho that I consider experimentation to be productive I think I'm also just more visual/spatially centered.

I guess IDK what you're saying exactly though, would you like, not care if you were working your ass off for years just experimenting and didn't put out a single track? Because, unless I knew for a fact that I was going to make an epic 2 disc concept album afterwards, I'd prefer to be putting out something that actually sounds vaguely musical in the meantime.

So there's still the question of whether I should try maxmsp or not. I think experimentation is still in priority for me...

Last edited by crackmontage; 09-06-2013 at 10:19 PM..

------------------

crackmontage is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote